Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2011, 11:40 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,294,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Be careful not to overuse the ibuprofen as NSAIDS can cause loss of kidney function.
Unfortunately, I am taking the bare minimum, 1- 200mg every 2 hours. It does not take all the pain away, but the swelling is finally slowly easing up. I am keeping some saltines in a baggy by the bed with lots of water so I can take it and not make it upset my stomach like tazz mentioned.
There is always a downside to anything that helps take the pain away. I just wish I had some codeine. That is the only thing that ever blew away all pain. I could actually sleep straight through.

Old 03-02-2011, 12:32 AM

2,557 posts, read 4,570,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Unfortunately, I am taking the bare minimum, 1- 200mg every 2 hours. It does not take all the pain away, but the swelling is finally slowly easing up. I am keeping some saltines in a baggy by the bed with lots of water so I can take it and not make it upset my stomach like tazz mentioned.
There is always a downside to anything that helps take the pain away. I just wish I had some codeine. That is the only thing that ever blew away all pain. I could actually sleep straight through.

Both ginger and tumeric reduce swelling without side effect. In fact, ginger will ease your stomach. Both of these are blood thinners and will prevent blood from pooling in your knee. It's not a cure but it's all I can suggest if you're just toughing it out.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:52 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,503,165 times
This happened back when I lived in California. It had been raining that day, and I was on my way to work in St. Helena. I looked of at the broken clouds, and saw what looked like a black zeppelin turning and thrusting out of the clouds. Very strange to say the least. I miss Art as well. Is he back over the hump, or is he still in the Philippines?

Eeeww...that black Zeppelin coming out of the clouds? That's bizzarre, aqua! Really weird stuff.

As to the question about where Art Bell is, I don't know. Anyone on here know where he is? I loved his show and listened to it for years.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:32 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,026,528 times
Quote:
I just wish I had some codeine. That is the only thing that ever blew away all pain. I could actually sleep straight through.
Well, if it wasn't a felony, I'd give you some of mine.

I take three 30mg tablets of codeine every day (and have for the past 3-4 years) although I don't take them for pain. Unfortunately, that means when I am in pain from something, taking routine pain medications do absolutely nothing for me.

Old 03-02-2011, 05:54 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,252,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Both ginger and tumeric reduce swelling without side effect. In fact, ginger will ease your stomach. Both of these are blood thinners and will prevent blood from pooling in your knee. It's not a cure but it's all I can suggest if you're just toughing it out.
Since you seem to be our herbal expert here, do you know of any natural herbs that relieve chronic pain? I have tried white willow bark, feverfew and lobelia to no avail. I want to avoid any drugs if possible.

Old 03-02-2011, 06:18 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,294,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Since you seem to be our herbal expert here, do you know of any natural herbs that relieve chronic pain? I have tried white willow bark, feverfew and lobelia to no avail. I want to avoid any drugs if possible.
Herbs for Chronic Pain Relief

They define chronic pain as anything lasting 6 months or longer. Like Madman taking the codeine daily, if you do need pain relief later, it won't work anymore. So you have to find the cause, treat the cause and try not to make the pain happen again. That is what I am working on now. I have to find a way for my knee not to get knocked out of joint again. Cannot afford knee replacement which is in the tens of thousands or more. But I bet that would cure it.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Herbs for Chronic Pain Relief

They define chronic pain as anything lasting 6 months or longer. Like Madman taking the codeine daily, if you do need pain relief later, it won't work anymore. So you have to find the cause, treat the cause and try not to make the pain happen again. That is what I am working on now. I have to find a way for my knee not to get knocked out of joint again. Cannot afford knee replacement which is in the tens of thousands or more. But I bet that would cure it.
Thanks, I will have to look into skullcap.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:05 PM

Quote:

I'm not aware of any herbs that will significantly help with chronic pain in the same way prescription drugs do. If they did, they would probably carry the same side effects. I would still suggest tumeric. If your pain has anything to do with inflammation it will help. It's also incredibly good for you and a spice you can use in food. Ultimately, you have to deal with what's causing the pain or it's like slapping a bandaid on a stab wound.

20 Health Benefits of Turmeric

Old 03-02-2011, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
I'm not aware of any herbs that will significantly help with chronic pain in the same way prescription drugs do. If they did, they would probably carry the same side effects. I would still suggest tumeric. If your pain has anything to do with inflammation it will help. It's also incredibly good for you and a spice you can use in food. Ultimately, you have to deal with what's causing the pain or it's like slapping a bandaid on a stab wound.

20 Health Benefits of Turmeric
Skullcap and Turmeric are on my list for my weekly visit to Sunflower.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Skullcap and Turmeric are on my list for my weekly visit to Sunflower.
I would recommend Holy Basil to anyone. Don't be confused, it has nothing to do with cooking basil. It has incredible effects on reducing stress as it actually blocks the hormone that is reduced in times of stress. Sunflower sells bottles for about $9 for a 2 month supply. That place is great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas