Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2010, 04:06 PM

762 posts, read 1,562,724 times

Advertisements

It is raining!

Old 10-02-2010, 04:26 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,595,667 times
I usually can see the Strip from my window but right now it looks like it was engulfed be a big black cloud. Just heard a big boom of thunder, my windows are rattling and it's raining.

Old 10-02-2010, 04:37 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,250,314 times
It was absolutely horrible around Warm Springs and Eastern. It was so flooded I thought I was going to get stuck.

Old 10-02-2010, 05:58 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,581,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
It was absolutely horrible around Warm Springs and Eastern. It was so flooded I thought I was going to get stuck.
You know I actually appreciate the overcast now. Still hte the rain though

I got stuck in a flood in Orlando back in March. My car stalled out as I stupidly tried to cross a flooded intersection, in rush hour mind you, my car stalled, water was beginning to come in from the outside, I tried starting up my car.....car started right up and I got out of there. Lesson learned

Old 10-03-2010, 04:14 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,291,990 times
We spent the day on the east side of town and then to Henderson. It started raining on the east side around 2:30p.m. Was really nice. Out walking in it, getting all wet. Wind was blowing. Was nice and pleasant.
So I am guessing it rained at home while we were gone. At least i hope so. The plants out front probably loved it.
Too bad there are still gloomy guses that hate nature.

Old 10-03-2010, 05:33 AM

208 posts, read 350,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
You know I actually appreciate the overcast now. Still hte the rain though

I got stuck in a flood in Orlando back in March. My car stalled out as I stupidly tried to cross a flooded intersection, in rush hour mind you, my car stalled, water was beginning to come in from the outside, I tried starting up my car.....car started right up and I got out of there. Lesson learned
The scary thing is you never know whats going on under the surface in a flood. My wifes father died when she was 5 because he tried to cross a bridge that had been closed due to flooding. The bridge was closed and the only open bridge was 20-25 miles upstream. The sides of the bridge were still intact, and it looked like there was only a 6"-8" of water flowing over the road so he figured he'd give it a shot... probably figured he could just back up if it got too hairy. As Im sure you've figured out by now the road had washed away somewhere in the middle of the bridge and he drove right into it. I always think about that when waters running across a rd...even if its not a bridge...it could still erode a 2-3 ft deep trench in the road or be hiding a sink hole of some sort. Especially in a dessert where you guys are susceptible to flash flood. You never know

On another note I really envy you guys that live in the sun and look forward to the occasional cloudy day and rain. My brother moved to LA years ago and said the same thing...couldnt wait for a rainy day to sit inside and read book. I hope someday I live where I look forward to it.

Old 10-03-2010, 06:51 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,250,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Too bad there are still gloomy guses that hate nature.
I only like rain if it is on my day off AND I do not have to go anywhere. I do enjoy watching it from my front door. However, to have to drive in it, do foot patrols at work, or having it ruin my Friday nights is no fun at all. Overall, I hate the rain.

Old 10-03-2010, 07:14 AM

10,032 posts, read 9,510,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I don't get it, have you seen it? Is it now normal to dye your eyes and look like demons. I am sorry if I was in the dark on this, but I have honestly have never seen such a thing. I have to be at work soon so time to go to sleep so I will check up later.
I have never seen it before either and I was referring to the stupid things people come up with to do to their bodies. I mean what idiot would put a needle in their eye.

Old 10-03-2010, 08:11 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
Parody of a Christian nut case. Each post antes up the weirdness until the last few are incomprehensible.

What's your beef with religion, anyway? Jesus confounded the Pharisees by trying to talk sense in to them. He found it impossible. I know what he must
have felt like.

Old 10-03-2010, 08:20 AM

990 posts, read 1,655,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post

What's your beef with religion, anyway? Jesus confounded the Pharisees by trying to talk sense in to them. He found it impossible. I know what he must
have felt like.
you will always fail when you try to "talk sense" into someone who is already reality based.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas