Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2011, 11:41 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times

Advertisements

Especially the silent and deadly ones! lol

Old 02-01-2011, 06:52 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Now if he lived in Africa, he could go to jail for that ability.
Malawi set to make breaking wind a crime | EUTimes.net
They should make an exception if it's your birthday party.

At least in that country they ban it. In this country, Congress in now working on a way to fully encourage it...and then tax it!

Old 02-01-2011, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
That's funny. Actually, I went and created a voodoo doll out of some cat litter clay, named it jfk, and tomorrow YOU will have menstrual cramps.
either that...or I'll have a heavy scent of urine about me.

Last edited by jfkIII; 02-01-2011 at 07:46 AM..

Old 02-01-2011, 12:31 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
Sorry it's been a few days since I posted. I was fired from. Nat'l business suply this am and am only received 4 hrs a week at Kmart now, I'm postng fron the Jack in the box on flamingo and swenson, bout to head to harrah's employment center wish me luck

Old 02-01-2011, 12:32 PM

I was fired for "having a negative attitude"

Old 02-01-2011, 02:11 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,317,694 times
Sorry that happened to you Davie. Airics and I tried to tell you about jobs like that. If it isn't one thing, they'll find another. You can win at life and you can win while living here but you will have to pay your dues to the club to learn and develop some money making skills that make you valuable and set you apart from every other 21 year old with a nice personality and winning smile.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
Sorry that happened to you Davie. Airics and I tried to tell you about jobs like that. If it isn't one thing, they'll find another. You can win at life and you can win while living here but you will have to pay your dues to the club to learn and develop some money making skills that make you valuable and set you apart from every other 21 year old with a nice personality and winning smile.
A nice personality and a winning smile? Thanks for the complement Jameson it is appreciated but I have neither. Im actually a very negative person and most people I know consider me to be an ass hole, which I am

I did feel however that National Business did deserve a fair shot and that was what I gave it. Naturally I failed but hey, at least I tried. There's actually quite a few good people working there and honestly, I never want to do telemarketing ever again, at least not with National Business. They dont have a website and they expect the people they call to just take their word for it, and the cartridges they sell are generic refills that they charge 3x what you'd pay at the store for the name brand ones

I had turned down an opportunity at Four Seasons Business Solutions because it was commission only, but at least they had a website and and actually helped companies to grow rather than scam them with free stuff

I really dont think I could do sales honestly, because frankly I am not a very attractive person physically, I'm socially awkward and I let my problems get to me at work and when you're in sales you cant let that happen. Therefore If I did sales on a commission only basis, I'd starve to death because I'd never sell a God Damned thing

Perhaps all I am suited for is being a courtesy clerk in a grocery store. Im going to give my old manager there a call and beg him to give me my job back, I'll let you know how it goes

My dream of Las Vegas
-A good job on the strip
-Decent pay
-A place in Centennial Hills.....
Is sadly out of my reach, and I dont think it will ever be within my grasp either. I was foolish to think it was in my reach to begin with

I hate myself for having come out here now, everybody back in Florida told me not to and I should have listened to them. But Im an idiot and I didnt, and now look at where I am. Broke and unemployed, just like the other 20% of people in this town

Old 02-01-2011, 03:10 PM

Hey....you gave it a shot. More than those talkers and wishers do. Now get back home and beg your parents to let them live with you while you attend the local community college...FULLTIME. You are very lucky to still have a sliver of youth on your side...but get moving...or you'll blow it. Turn this negative into a positive and valuable life lesson.

And don't make excuses. Go back to school, get a degree or skill under your belt so future employers don't think that you think it just comes easy and drops in your lap. You have some very good qualities about you...and those are assets. I still think you're capable of succeeding in life. BUT THAT CLOCK IS TICKING. Don't waste a valuable minute.

Old 02-01-2011, 03:17 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,592,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Hey....you gave it a shot. More than those talkers and wishers do. Now get back home and beg your parents to let them live with you while you attend the local community college...FULLTIME. You are very lucky to still have a sliver of youth on your side...but get moving...or you'll blow it. Turn this negative into a positive and valuable life lesson.

And don't make excuses. Go back to school, get a degree or skill under your belt so future employers don't think that you think it just comes easy and drops in your lap. You have some very good qualities about you...and those are assets. I still think you're capable of succeeding in life. BUT THAT CLOCK IS TICKING. Don't waste a valuable minute.
Word. Make your destiny.

Old 02-01-2011, 03:31 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,845,674 times
"Whether you think you can or can't, you are right." - Henry Ford
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas