Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2009, 03:38 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,662,283 times

Advertisements

Don't worry, gang. Gdude's pic won't make you blind. It's not like looking at one of mine.

Gdude: I'm assuming that the majority of her busy time stems from her being gainfully employed. Personally, I prefer Facebook to MySpace. There are just too many noisy kids on the latter.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:23 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,056,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
Don't worry, gang. Gdude's pic won't make you blind. It's not like looking at one of mine.

Gdude: I'm assuming that the majority of her busy time stems from her being gainfully employed. Personally, I prefer Facebook to MySpace. There are just too many noisy kids on the latter.

Yep she works at a pet store in Washington Township(Next township north of mine)

I am applying around for a job but havent heard anything yet.

Myspace I like. There are some noisy kids on there but if you know how to handle them then it wont be so bad. Plus most of my friends arent "noisy"

Old 04-08-2009, 04:38 PM

Jobs are pretty tough to find here. I took care of my disabled mother for three years, but she passed away in October. It's pretty hard to find a job when no one will give you a chance because when you've been out of the active job market that long. The financial company that represents my HOA filed a "Notice of default and election to sell pursuant to the lien for delinquent assessments", and will put the house on the auction block no less that 91 days after 2/23. On top of that, my water was turned off yesterday. I'm trying to get Clark County Social Services to help me get them turned back on, but getting my social worker to respond to the messages I leave her is like pulling teeth with chopsticks. They'll only help out with $400 a couple of times, but water bill alone covers that. After the electricity got turned off, the control of the drip irigation for the front yard went off, and now it drips 24/7.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Jobs are pretty tough to find here. I took care of my disabled mother for three years, but she passed away in October. It's pretty hard to find a job when no one will give you a chance because when you've been out of the active job market that long. The financial company that represents my HOA filed a "Notice of default and election to sell pursuant to the lien for delinquent assessments", and will put the house on the auction block no less that 91 days after 2/23. On top of that, my water was turned off yesterday. I'm trying to get Clark County Social Services to help me get them turned back on, but getting my social worker to respond to the messages I leave her is like pulling teeth with chopsticks. They'll only help out with $400 a couple of times, but water bill alone covers that. After the electricity got turned off, the control of the drip irigation for the front yard went off, and now it drips 24/7.
I bet your mother was a lovely person

I will pray that things get better for you. That sucks about your house and the water and electricity. Hopefully things will turn around for you soon.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:01 PM

She was, and I miss her every day. My memories of her (along with my dogs) are what keeps me going. Thanks for your prayers. I'm going through tough times, but what doesn't kill me makes me stronger.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:08 PM

Quote:
She was, and I miss her every day. My memories of her (along with my dogs) are what keeps me going. Thanks for your prayers. I'm going through tough times, but what doesn't kill me makes me stronger.

You will pull through

Keep your spirits up and keep praying

The economy is starting to see the light so hopefully things will get better for you.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:11 PM

I pray every night, but I hope that God has his hearing aides on. It's hard to find a job when you've been out of the active job market for three years.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:
I pray every night, but I hope that God has his hearing aides on. It's hard to find a job when you've been out of the active job market for three years.

It's hard for me to find a job since I have been out of the job market for almost 17yrs...lol(trying to be a little humorous)

I'm almost 17yrs old.

Have you been contacted for atleast an interview or anything?

Old 04-08-2009, 06:25 PM

I think that I remember being 17. It'll be easier for you, since you're just starting out. You just need to learn this important phrase..."Would you like fries with that?" I went to the round one cattle call for City Center. I'm waiting to hear back from them.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
I think that I remember being 17. It'll be easier for you, since you're just starting out. You just need to learn this important phrase..."Would you like fries with that?" I went to the round one cattle call for City Center. I'm waiting to hear back from them.

I hope so!

I will remember that phrase.

I just got another batch of photos in on my albums from my friend who emailed them to me.

Would you believe me if I said this was the local mall?

My mom thinks the local mall looks like a mini-Las Vegas

I pray you will get a call!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas