Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2009, 02:01 PM

59 posts, read 106,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEWELSINTHECITY View Post
Hi rinvegas i am also going for a bartending job had a standup interview on 6/10 next day 6/11 dept interview then 1mo after drug test my is open blank been like that a while they said when i called that i should be getting a call at the end of sept wish i knew what is going on hope blank is not bad good luck
Yeah, I've also applyed for a bartender position since I'm in Cali I had my 1st interview over the phone ( I guess that was what that was) then went in for my Dept interview in late May, did the background check and last the drug test which was mailed to a hospital locaton near me. Last month I called CC and the rep told me that everything look good and that job offers will be going out the 2nd wk- mclose to the middle of sept. My status online also says OPEN, Blank after I took mt drug test. No change. Not sure if its suppose to. Some has said theirs was asaid active then blank then active again. I do know that the job is no-longer posted and around the time I my app. Status went blank was the same time the job was removed from the website. Maybe that has something to do it. Maybe when they stop accepting apps for that position the current canidates status goes black and if a canidate that was in the running didn't clear that spot becomes available again and shows active on the staus to everyone that is applying for the same position. Kinda leting everyone know that applications are STILl or not being excepted for that
position. I dunno maybe.

I do know that I'm going to call CC and see what my staus is tomorrow and see what they say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 03:04 PM

181 posts, read 340,748 times
a waiting game, aarrrggghhhh

Old 09-13-2009, 04:14 PM

110 posts, read 208,918 times
Can't wait until Monday (tomorrow) things hopefully will be moving along and we will be another week closer to being hired, contacted, changed status, etc...

Old 09-13-2009, 04:20 PM

126 posts, read 242,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixy26 View Post
Yeah, I've also applyed for a bartender position since I'm in Cali I had my 1st interview over the phone ( I guess that was what that was) then went in for my Dept interview in late May, did the background check and last the drug test which was mailed to a hospital locaton near me. Last month I called CC and the rep told me that everything look good and that job offers will be going out the 2nd wk- mclose to the middle of sept. My status online also says OPEN, Blank after I took mt drug test. No change. Not sure if its suppose to. Some has said theirs was asaid active then blank then active again. I do know that the job is no-longer posted and around the time I my app. Status went blank was the same time the job was removed from the website. Maybe that has something to do it. Maybe when they stop accepting apps for that position the current canidates status goes black and if a canidate that was in the running didn't clear that spot becomes available again and shows active on the staus to everyone that is applying for the same position. Kinda leting everyone know that applications are STILl or not being excepted for that
position. I dunno maybe.

I do know that I'm going to call CC and see what my staus is tomorrow and see what they say.
It will generally be blank after your drug test at least from what I have encountered and from what others have said. Some people have had their status bounce around quite a bit but generally blank from what I can tell they haven't gotten to that dept or having narrowed down the candidates yet... I remained blank for over 2 months and when it changed to active I called. Thanks to the person who recommended that by the way I am sooo glad I called.

Old 09-13-2009, 04:24 PM

12 posts, read 23,165 times
Hey guys, Im still here but its hard for me to go through the posts and answer everything. This thread grows so rapidly.

PM me any questions, It's Easier/Safer haha

Old 09-13-2009, 06:02 PM

115 posts, read 265,542 times
I will be keeping you all in my thoughts for Monday calls! I hope most of you get the call tomorrow!! Think positive thoughts! Good Luck!

Old 09-13-2009, 06:10 PM

317 posts, read 833,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreckleFace78 View Post
I will be keeping you all in my thoughts for Monday calls! I hope most of you get the call tomorrow!! Think positive thoughts! Good Luck!
Thanks, I'm really glad you got the offer. You been on this board since it started, and I'm glad you always had an upbeat and positive attitude

Old 09-13-2009, 08:00 PM

115 posts, read 265,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly69 View Post
Thanks, I'm really glad you got the offer. You been on this board since it started, and I'm glad you always had an upbeat and positive attitude

Thanks Butterfly!!! YOU TOO!! You've all been such great support!

Old 09-13-2009, 11:10 PM

59 posts, read 106,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEWELSINTHECITY View Post
Hi rinvegas i am also going for a bartending job had a standup interview on 6/10 next day 6/11 dept interview then 1mo after drug test my is open blank been like that a while they said when i called that i should be getting a call at the end of sept wish i knew what is going on hope blank is not bad good luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Testosterone View Post
In Bold,
Since my current employer is me, I have a biz on the side. He wanted me to fax either a W2 or biz licenese for the background check. He said he wanted to see anything I could give him for my curreny job ( my biz) so I faxed em my salers permit. And a week after that I was contacted to do the drug test. My first interview was done over the phone, they didn't want me to fly down for that but said I HAD to be present for the department interview. So I went to that and was interviewd by the bev manager at the Belliagio and he told me that I would come back for another interveiw in July/ August. And that I would be contacted as to when. When July came around I didn't hear anything so I contaced CC and the rep told me that I no longer needed to come in 4 another interview. That I should be contacted and evreything looks good and that no new is good news. ?? Then a week or so after that convo the background check guy contacted me and so on. Since then I've just been waiting like everyone else and called cc last month and was told AGAIN that everything looks good and that job offers go out in Sept and that I should be hearing somthing between the 2nd week- middle of Sept.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:12 AM

14 posts, read 29,596 times
Default *Le sigh*

I've been reading this thread for a while now, so I figure, why not contribute.

I applied for a BOH culinary position early this year (Aria). I live a few thousand miles from Las Vegas, and it's my guess that is a reason that my experiences thus far have been slightly different with the hiring process.

About two weeks after my online application, I had a phone screening.

A little over a week after that, I received an e-mail inviting me to schedule the time for my department interview, which I scheduled for late March. Not only was this the best interview I have ever done, the chef who interviewed me made a point of telling me that I was the only person that answered every question correctly that was applying for this position so far.

I was told to make sure to frequently check my e-mail around the end of August/early September, as I would know by then if I was going to be hired.

The first week of July, I received a phone call, and was told that I made it to the next step in the hiring process. I was told that a drug test kit had been sent to a lab near my address. I thought this was great, although, they sent it to the wrong place.

This clerical misunderstanding continued for almost two months. Each time I spoke with someone on the phone, I was told, ok, you'll hear from us in a week. Each time, I waited for ten to twelve days, and then called them. Each time, I discovered that no one had taken note of the clerical error they made, and was told, ok, we'll get that straightened out, and you'll hear from us in a week.

Well finally, the drug test was scheduled for a location around 200 miles away (at the end of August), which was "sorry, that's the best we can do" which made little sense to me considering my location (which is adjacent to a major metropolitan area with multiple labs).

I currently work at a summer seasonal location, which is coming to an end soon. I had anticipated knowing by now if I'd be hired (since this is what I was originally told), but can not wait much longer on city center. The myriad opportunities that are becoming available to me due to the current time of year are very attractive. I find it very unfortuneate that I may have to take another position elsewhere, due to some apparent delay in their hiring process. I very much had looked forward to working for such a respectable company....but practicality demands that I don't put "all my eggs in one basket."

As far as my status has progressed: First time I checked it online was mid July, and it was open/blank. After I took the drug test (which I know I passed since I do not use drugs), my status changed to open/active. Several days ago, the same day "Joiboi" (or however it's spelled) announced in disbelief that his status changed to open/blank, mine did as well.

I'm sure the task the HR department has is substantial. I just wish things hadn't fallen this far behind schedule, since they are about to lose a very qualified candidate for a supervisory culinary position. I have received no further communication since the drug test. If I have to wait more than two more weeks, I'm going to have to reluctantly withdraw my application.

My waning optimism continues to be watered down with the prospect of moving to Las Vegas, becoming bound to an apartment lease, and then possibly being laid off in a town which doesn't seem to have many other opportunities at the moment. Even though I have a reputation for being a very hard worker, and actually overqualified for the position I've applied for, the fact that I'd still have to worry about "the chopping block" would be a level of anxiety that I would not want to have to worry about in an already high stress field.

So, you could say I'm a bit conflicted at this point regarding the City Center hiring process. I continue to hope for the best, but won't be surprised with the worst. Eh....c'est la vie, n'est pas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas