Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 11:40 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times

Advertisements

When I got divorced 20 years ago....I dated for 3 years....fix-ups...casual encounters... all the usual ways....met a woman got married and its been 17 years oe so now....

It AIN't rocket science guys....they are out there....you just have to look without being a dorkhead.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:51 AM

3 posts, read 11,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Had a friend at work.....was from India.....he went with a Russian Bride....he brought her here....it was love at first sight....He was what she had ALWAYS wanted in a husband. [he's 5'2" she is 4'18"] they married and she filed for divorce 13 months later with every single penny of his money.....and went home to Russia a VERY wealthy woman.

So Yeh.....go fer thos Eastern European Brides
In India, you can sometimes find a Russian,
In America, Russian fine you!

(What a country)

..sorry that was terrible.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:10 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,963,487 times
Fellas women have something in them that makes them want a man. No matter what women will tell you they get very lonely at some point if they don't have a man. When you meet a woman who is giving you grief and thining she is a princess inform her the clock is ticking and at some point there is a very good chance she is going to become invisible so she needs to change her attitude..

Always remember you are bringing the woman into your life and your not going into hers. Don't marry a woman who makes more than you unless you have a prospect of making more in the future. dating is about numbers just like sales. Some will, some won't, so what, next. That's universal..

Now as for money. money is important. Miss a couple of bills and the man is not going to want to go home because the woman is going to make you life miserable. So make as much as you can for stability and security but never date a woman who is dating you just for what you have unless it's just for knocking boots purposes..It's basically very simple. Keep your self respect and remember your the one swinging...

Here's one more option I thought of.. Why not just hop on a plane and fly out of town every so often..Once a local finds out you go places she will latch on to you...Then you may meet someone on your travels.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:40 PM

after reading these posts I am no longer amazed at how many single guys there are out there.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:52 PM

4,538 posts, read 10,629,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
I must disagree, I am 'older' (52) and I'm not exactly handsome, but I don't scare dogs or little children, and I feel like a commodity here, I have had MANY attractive woman, smile and chat me up (unless there are hookers in the supermarket, I think these are real women)

I have already been out on dates with three women, that i have met just in my day to day goings on, and someone on here (you know who you are) even tried matchmaking me with someone

So, I say beauty is skin deep, but ugly goes right to the bone.
show your inner beauty, and your outer beauty will have em lining up and taking numbers!

Jonathan
I found the same thing over the years. It got easier as I got older, starting around my mid 30's.

Vegas is tough though. There's a population imbalance...quite a few more men than women. I do find that lowering your physical requirements helps.

The biggest factor though is how you carry yourself as a man....stable employment(literally anything is ok...it doesn't take much money to live nice in Las Vegas), balance in life, clean cut and neatly dressed, and just being a gentleman..you know...open doors, talk honrstly, be sincere in who you are. Losing any chips on the shoulder also. Be interesting, listen, enjoy life!

I should note that I don't live in Vegas. At one point, over a period of a decade, I made monthly trips, and even 12 days per month when my job permitted lots of free time(10 hour days, 8 days on, 6 days off) AND I was in a relationship with a woman in Las Vegas. I should also note that I'm no gods gift to women...I'm not tall..5'9...and largely have been slightly over weight to obese(as little as 175lbs, as much as 265 lbs over that time period). Physical looks have only a small amount to do with attracting women....its very much more about who you are as a person. And I'm not talking about some magical lines you can throw out...thats not really how it works.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:14 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,837,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
My friend Tai repeatedly tells me that I will regret moving to Las Vegas because "the girls suck".
You say that like it's a bad thing.

I can't believe JFK missed this one.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:25 PM

328 posts, read 603,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Well everyone knows American women are some of the most stuck up you can meet anywhere in the world. The princess mentality and entitled attitude that you see among American women isn't attractive. Sadly for them, it also fades around 30 because they realize that the "prime" for girls is very, very short lived. If they're lucky they look great from 16 to 35, that's really lucky, if they're not they may peak at 16 and already look pretty iffy at 25. Whereas for guys, it's tougher to get hot girls unless you ARE over 30, because by that point your money and status starts to make a real difference. I think being a good looking guy in my 20s basically blows. Maybe that's my jaded LA attitude, but the hot girls I go out with or meet usually end up going for 35-40 (or older) guys with multiple houses, tons of money, etc. It doesn't bother me too much since I know that's my future, so I think eh, that's cool, the future is bright at least.

My friend Tai repeatedly tells me that I will regret moving to Las Vegas because "the girls suck" and "there are no girls, they are all strippers" and "good luck meeting a girl there." I find it funny because I have no interest in getting married and there are more hot women going through Las Vegas than just about any city in the United States. Tourists are fine, they're not off limits, especially from L.A. Every hot girl I know in L.A. goes to Vegas. Then again, I hate L.A. girls, so coming from a guy who lives in L.A. telling me the girls in Vegas are bad is pretty damn hilarious. They absolutely could not be any worse than in Los Angeles. If I spent 5 years in Vegas and the only action I got was paying a few really high class hot prostitutes, I would still be doing better than I did in Los Angeles in almost 5 years. I had a long-distance relationship out of state, a great fling on vacation, a few crazy experiences out at bars out of state, etc. None of my good experiences or fun times with girls came in L.A. despite living there, so I guess I'm very happy about moving to Vegas because it's like if you were unemployed all of last year, you know the next year CANNOT be any worse, it could only be the same or better. That's moving from LA to Vegas.

Plus, this particular friend is obsessed with something I don't value that highly. On the list of reasons to live somewhere, "Hot single girls" would be way below everything important like weather, taxes, local government / laws, entertainment, cost of living, etc. Every city has some hot women, so to reject a great city because you think MAYBE it doesn't have a good dating scene is pretty weak. It would simply go on the list of "cons" and that's it.

I think the key anywhere is to get networked with the right people, but the problem in some cities is the groups of hot women have a certain attitude. I know precisely diddly crap about Vegas locals (women), so I really can't say. I do know Los Angeles girls, though, and if you don't have a very large bank account, drive a very nice car, and live in a great area, and have good connections for them in the film industry or other opportunities, you need not apply. I actually found it funny because I do have a nice car, I do have money, and I do have status, but for the hot girls I like, apparently I don't have a nice ENOUGH car, I don't have ENOUGh money, and my status is still not high enough. I quite literally had several hot girls who are casual friends of mine tell me straight up if I was a "big-shot" director they'd sleep with me. Sadly, I'm a young director, so I guess my more veteran union peers are grabbing the hot chicks.

I really, really hope Vegas is a bit better than that. Then again, it's easier to have status in a cheap city. A two-bedroom condo in a great luxury high-rise on the Strip with a nice view is pretty impressive to most girls. I can't afford anything similarly impressive in L.A. because it's 3 times the price.
I was born in LA, but grew up here in Vegas. Basically, Vegas is where people who couldn't make it in LA go to enjoy a cheaper version of an LA lifestyle. I prefer Vegas any day over LA, were it not for the California weather and close-by beaches. Women in LA look for huge directors, as you said, whereas women in Vegas TRY to look for the same, but realize they won't find it, and settle for a club promoter. Makes me lulz all day long.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:32 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
When you meet a woman who is giving you grief and thining she is a princess inform her the clock is ticking and at some point there is a very good chance she is going to become invisible so she needs to change her attitude... Always remember you are bringing the woman into your life and your not going into hers... Don't marry a woman who makes more than you... dating is about numbers just like sales....Miss a couple of bills and the man is not going to want to go home because the woman is going to make you life miserable... Keep your self respect and remember your the one swinging... Why not just hop on a plane and fly out of town every so often..Once a local finds out you go places she will latch on to you...Then you may meet someone on your travels.
Dude, what Caveman Dating service do you get your tips from? That is some of the worst advice I've ever read.

Your ego is way beyond your control. You must've had your heart broken by someone for you to really think this way, or you're just dating the WRONG women!

Old 08-31-2011, 01:36 PM

LOGGY....somedays I just gotta rep you

Old 08-31-2011, 01:45 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,963,487 times
I have no problem in the women department. I even get waffles made for me.. Woman want a "MAN" in their life.. I just let them know I know it.. No games..It works for me...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas