Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 02:09 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times

Advertisements

Well here's some good news. According to this recent report, violent crime is down and the police shortage problem has really improved. Sounds like law enforcement is making a strong effort to make a difference.

Little Rock violent crime down as officer shortage closes | THV11.com

I still think LR sucks. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2018, 08:02 AM

672 posts, read 699,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Little Rock's skyline is impressive for a city and metro area of its size. It's absurd to use Manhattan as a reference when talking about a metro area of around 700,000 people. Little Rock is a small metro area. Comparing it to Memphis is a stretch let alone somewhere like Manhattan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW335i View Post
I agree. Coincidentally, I would argue that Memphis' skyline is NOT impressive for a metro its size (about double Little Rock, or ±1,400,000). In fact, I wouldn't trade the two.
As a Memphis resident, Little Rock has an impressive skyline for it's size. It's better than Memphis' skyline which is underwhelming building wise, even though Little Rock is significantly smaller. Little Rock's skyline looks pretty modern compared to Memphis' skyline. I was surprised the first time that I saw it, as I had no expectations of Little Rock. To compare it to NYC makes no sense.

Old 02-10-2018, 04:50 PM

536 posts, read 823,072 times
Somebody posted in this thread including the end of Riverfest as among their negatives of what makes Little Rock bad. Well Riverfest is back! According to the Democrat-Gazette, a new organization has bought the rights to the name and there will be a Riverfest on Memorial Day weekend.

Old 02-11-2018, 07:18 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,652,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFleurMobile View Post
Pine Bluff does have plenty crime, but it's not exactly a no-go zone. The primary peril there is theft, not violence, and even then, despite murders and armed robberies, pine bluff has a low population density, and seemingly every fifth house is empty and most areas are quiet... You're just bashing that old, derelict city because the majority of its population is black and you don't care for living around blacks...admit it. The town is just another Arkansas town, EXCEPT it's majority-minority population . By the way,police response times are the fastest I've ever seen.
..... are the fastest I've ever seen.?

You type that as if you live there. You don't, but obviously you've needed police response and timed it? Stop race baiting.

Old 02-11-2018, 02:54 PM

Quote:
And here you are to badger and pester...well, I wish I could day something nice to you, but I cannot. Check the Pine Bluff Commercial news. The crime is down for 2017 from 2016 and January 2018 is 12 percent down in crime from January 2017. Did you even do research before bashing my response? I've been studying the crime situation for weeks. Has the person that I responded to? Probably not. Don't swoop into this post to rescue him from his inane "Crime Bluff" statement. And yes, I've needed police...but it turned out to be civil...that's none of your business though. You can continue following me around from thread to thread, but I will just ignore you and your obsessive friend. I don't need to list "her" name. You already know who your e-cronies are.
At least you're admitting you're the forum troll. You've made about a dozen different accounts, sometimes even responding to yourself.

You can't even keep track of them since you've had so many. Let me point out this is the very first time I've ever responded to this username.

Again, you don't live in AR, have probably never left your parent's basement long enough to visit either. You came here for nothing else but to race bait and stir up trouble.

Old 02-11-2018, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Going from thread-to-thread does not constitute a troll. *sigh* When will you get your terminology figured out? I've gotten plenty reputation for my comment on here, so, I'm sure there are plenty people that don't see me as race-baiting. I also noticed that you're not refuting my crime claims...if you CAN'T, then don't bother responding to me any further. I didn't make a dozen accounts. You have me LMAO. You've likely gotten me confused with somebody else. Now, stop the cyber-bullying. It's puerile, unnecessary, petty, and hateful.
You've created dozens of accounts, using different accounts to talk back at your other accounts in threads, often lying about living in different places, often creating threads designed for arguments and race baiting. That's exactly what a troll is. You're a complete fraud.

Old 02-11-2018, 03:29 PM

Quote:
You're the one trolling, "Holly" attempting to elicit an adverse/profane reaction from me so you can have me penalized or something. I'm not taking the bait. I'm bigger than this strife you are creating. You can't prove nor disprove ANYTHING about any prior residence I have had, so unless you're going to do the research to aver my genuine claims, back off and sit down.
I don't care where you're from, you're still a troll and a fraud.

Old 02-12-2018, 11:35 AM

2,360 posts, read 1,915,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb05f View Post
Somebody posted in this thread including the end of Riverfest as among their negatives of what makes Little Rock bad. Well Riverfest is back! According to the Democrat-Gazette, a new organization has bought the rights to the name and there will be a Riverfest on Memorial Day weekend.
Good to know, can u share the news? source..

The main issue was lack of talented people to meet the millinal people. Bringing old school people to please the old but no new talent to bring in the new young kids.

Old 02-12-2018, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Well here's some good news. According to this recent report, violent crime is down and the police shortage problem has really improved. Sounds like law enforcement is making a strong effort to make a difference.

Little Rock violent crime down as officer shortage closes | THV11.com

I still think LR sucks. lol
Well could be worst but least its a steady pace of going up and down. Drugs are killing the town and bringing down the community that once was thriving to slums. Thus why so many move out to north LR to conway and other areas. The fair grounds is prime example of the once thriving area to a sh hole of the town. Another issue is lack of technology clients, jobs. Once had HP and Dell but politics kill them off. Just it lacks the jobs that people need and wants.

Old 02-12-2018, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
^^^^ Thank God downtown Little Rock does NOT look like Manhattan. Good grief.

As for the Clinton Library, its architecture was inspired by the old railroad bridge - the historic railroad terminal is part of the library. Used to enter LR via that terminal back in my childhood Christmas days, traveling in from Memphis, where we'd transferred from Louisville. Good memories.

Can't comment on your other complaints. but Little Rock has done a considerable turn-around in recent years and has an active and thriving arts scene plus remarkable historic areas. You might want to read up on them and on Little Rock's long history. The Arkansas Room in the excellent public library's main location downtown would be a good place to start.

BTW, Petit Jean, lovely though it is, is not exactly close to Little Rock. Maybe you're thinking of Pinnacle?
Yea sorry, i been to both have great hikes and scenery.

Not sure why they chose the "trailer" look theme, but it does look like one and inside is cramp. Guess i just dont like small quarters.

The only thing the town got is it art scene and it wasnt thriving till big broadway shows started to come to town. The million dollar project they did to Robertson was added more rooms, ramps, and extend the hotel to it. So ill bite my words, if its growing then good. But growing up in LR it wasnt really an "Art" town. 80s-90s. Even today it still doesnt have a tech scene that could make it grow even bigger and better, more clean manufactures that doesnt involve chicken.

The skyline is a joke, not really comparing it to big towns like i posted, but really it is a joke for its size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area