Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 08:21 PM

2 posts, read 2,097 times

Advertisements

We're recent retirees & our daughter, sil & 3 grands live in NLR. We'd love to move to NLR but it's too dang hot and humid for me. I can't take it. Being an avid outdoor lover I like to be outside all summer but I'm miserable when I visit NLR & stay in the AC which is no fun. JMHO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2018, 11:40 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,894,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvs2fish View Post
We're recent retirees & our daughter, sil & 3 grands live in NLR. We'd love to move to NLR but it's too dang hot and humid for me. I can't take it. Being an avid outdoor lover I like to be outside all summer but I'm miserable when I visit NLR & stay in the AC which is no fun. JMHO.
Look for a place atop Petit Jean. Five or so degrees cooler in summer, and not much more than an hour's drive to NLR.

Old 11-23-2018, 09:50 AM

423 posts, read 458,093 times
all I know is I moved to LR for work and I hate it. There’s nothing to do on my free time. I’m not looking to hike the same mountains every weekend, I’m not looking to drive 2+ hours to the next city over to do something. The weather is too hot during the summer. There isn’t any night life other than the bar district. The colleges are so dead. Everybody seems to go to bed at 9pm. People somehow crash on straight highways. It’s bad. Don’t move here unless you have a reason to.

Old 11-30-2018, 05:20 AM

369 posts, read 1,302,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
I just checked Wikipedia, since that appears to be where you found that 700,000+ stat. Their definition of the "Greater Metro Area" includes Conway, about 35 miles to the northwest, Hot Springs Village, which over 75 miles away, Vilonia, which is about ten or fifteen miles east of Conway, Benton, Bryant, Cabot, Maumelle, England, Perryville, Cabot, and other questionable locations.
I don't see the suburbs you mentioned like Cabot, Maumelle, Benton, and Bryant as being "questionable". Maumelle, Sherwood, and portions of Little Rock and Jacksonville are in the same school district(PCSSD). From Cabot to Benton, you can't tell where one town ends and the next begins. Heck, Benton and Bryant 's high schools play their annual football game in Little Rock! There is nothing "questionable" about these suburbs being part of the LR Metro.

Old 12-02-2018, 03:45 PM

18 posts, read 27,249 times
Default Yay

I would say that Little Rock is a good place to live. I've been there. It's a nice city. I felt safe there.

Old 01-19-2019, 04:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,298 times
Default Huntsville or Ozark

If you are a young, single mother, looking to work in manufacturing, and are looking for a safe place to live for you and your child, check out job opportunities at Butterball in Huntsville and Ozark. Especially Huntsville up in Nortwest Arkansas about 25 miles east of Fayetteville. Line work starts at $14.50 an hour and the cost of living is extremely low. They always need workers so you would start the Monday after you apply. It is hard work but Butterball treats its workers fairly and provides all the full benefits (health insurance, 401K, leave after one year). Workers can buy their own place on a single income here due to the low housing cost and cost of living, with $400-500 weekly take home pay. Plus you would meet plenty of eligible, hard-working, responsible young men in the course of your employment! The work force is about one-third each white, Hispanic, and Pacific Islanders and we all seem to get along fairly well due to the fact that everyone is working so hard equally.

Old 03-19-2019, 08:22 AM

4 posts, read 9,713 times
Default A Newbie’s Experience

I moved to LR last year for family reasons after living in Alabama most of my life. We bought an older home in the West Little Rock area that others are calling one of the better parts of town. Lately, there have been several armed robberies in this area, including one just down the street where I buy my pizza. I’ve been approached by panhandlers in numerous parking lots, and even propositioned by a prostitute inside the nearby big box hardware store! (I’m 64, so it made my day, even though me and my hardware didn’t know what to think). I see a lot of security vehicles in big parking lots now, and I’ve been to several places in the downtown and North Little Rock area where I wouldn’t even get out of the car. At my own house, someone was casing the place late at night, apparently intending to steal some lumber in my driveway. When challenged by my neighbor he told them that the owner said they could have some spare lumber. My neighbor ran them off. And that’s the good news; I have the best neighbors I’ve ever had. But geez, I honestly thought LR would be a step UP from Alabama. Move here? Sure, but stay on your toes and wear loose fitting clothes so your CCW doesn’t imprint. I used to be a sporadic carrier at best, but in LR I’ve become a regular...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area