Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 03:44 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,324,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veve0308 View Post
Really? What makes it ghetto is it the people moving in? I just havent seen anything in Westbury to be considered ghetto.
Well take it from someone who has been living here for awhile, there are parts of town you dont want to be walking through, even in daylight. Maple ave east of Post down to Union, on the border of NC is like a foreign country. There's all kind of gang activity there. Go east of Post and it gets bad fast.
Even by the library on Rockland St there's been reports of muggings.
As for Post ave itself, at night in summer is kinda scary with all the guys hanging out and getting drunk.
Like I've said, we have code enforcement patrols through the business district but they do nothing about the loitering and public intoxication.
The solution of course is simple, for the village to enforce existing codes. Things like intoxication in public and overcrowding of single family homes are already violations, they just need to be enforced. The question is why arent they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
You're right, the eastern portion of WEstbury after Post ave into the hamlet of New Cassel. Most people lump that hamlet into Westbury, I think even MLSLI is technically posting the wrong village/hamlet on many properties.
New Cassel should also have a seperate post office and zip code.

Old 11-13-2010, 06:27 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,691,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
New Cassel should also have a seperate post office and zip code.
Should Salisbury also have a separate post office and ZIP Code?

If yes, then what about the part of Jericho, the part of Hicksville, the part of Carle Place, the part of East Meadow and the part of East Garden City that currently have a "Westbury, NY 11590" mailing address?

Old 11-13-2010, 06:48 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,691,200 times
Default A map of the "Westbury, NY 11590" ZIP Code postal zone

Beginning on the north and moving in a clockwise direction, the "Westbury, NY 11590" ZIP Code postal zone includes all or part of the Hamlet of Jericho, the Hamlet of Hicksville, the Hamlet of New Cassel, the Hamlet of Salisbury, the Hamlet of East Meadow, the Hamlet of East Garden City, the Hamlet of Carle Place and the Village of Westbury.

A map of the "Westbury, NY 11590" ZIP Code postal zone:
Attached Thumbnails
Affordable homes in Westbury, why?-westbury-ny11590.gif  

Old 11-14-2010, 01:38 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,747,138 times
Quote:
Well take it from someone who has been living here for awhile, there are parts of town you dont want to be walking through, even in daylight. Maple ave east of Post down to Union, on the border of NC is like a foreign country. There's all kind of gang activity there. Go east of Post and it gets bad fast.
Even by the library on Rockland St there's been reports of muggings.
As for Post ave itself, at night in summer is kinda scary with all the guys hanging out and getting drunk.
Like I've said, we have code enforcement patrols through the business district but they do nothing about the loitering and public intoxication.
The solution of course is simple, for the village to enforce existing codes. Things like intoxication in public and overcrowding of single family homes are already violations, they just need to be enforced. The question is why arent they?
Did you make this video? This vid will give you a good idea of what New Cassel is turning into.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCFnpcmflO0

Old 11-14-2010, 02:50 PM

1,456 posts, read 4,330,330 times
I saw that video and I honestly did not see what the creator was complaining about.

All I saw was people/families walking down the street, socializing and living their life and the creator of the video whining about how he was so scared and how "unsafe" he felt despite being on a bus. It's sad to hear a supposedly grown man whining like that. It is amazing how sheltered some on Long Island are, I bet if the creator was to go to the City, he would wet his pants.

(BTW: What proof or even evidence does the video creator even have that those people are illegal immigrants?)

Most of the houses looked okay/sufficiently maintained (except for some of the apartment buildings), the only thing I can see that is bad is the abandoned/totaled cars on the street. Something should be done about that.

Last edited by LongIslandPerson; 11-14-2010 at 03:00 PM..

Old 11-14-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandPerson View Post

Most of the houses looked okay/sufficiently maintained (except for some of the apartment buildings), the only thing I can see that is bad is the abandoned/totaled cars on the street. Something should be done about that.
The MS-13, Bloods and other gang graffiti (marking their territory) didn't bother you one bit?? They don't call it "WeSTBloodBury" for nothing. I will agree that the maker of the video did seem to be overreacting to some of the stuff. But when you see grown men riding teenager sized bmx's and illegals hanging out drinking in the middle of the afternoon, that definitely does not look right. Most people work during the day, so maybe he's not used to that.

Last edited by Pequaman; 11-14-2010 at 04:09 PM..

Old 11-15-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Did you make this video? This vid will give you a good idea of what New Cassel is turning into.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCFnpcmflO0
Yup, I sure did. The point I was trying to make is all the new streetscapes and buildings dont mean a damn thing, unless the Town of North Hempstead gets serious on shutting down the overcrowded illegal rentals that are bringing the bad element to New Cassel.
But the Town has an agenda to give the rich areas (such as Roslyn, Manhasset,etc) what they want and they want the cheap labor, so the town looks the other way.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:37 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,312,494 times
Quote:
Yup, I sure did. The point I was trying to make is all the new streetscapes and buildings dont mean a damn thing, unless the Town of North Hempstead gets serious on shutting down the overcrowded illegal rentals that are bringing the bad element to New Cassel.
But the Town has an agenda to give the rich areas (such as Roslyn, Manhasset,etc) what they want and they want the cheap labor, so the town looks the other way.
I wonder if Westbury and/or NC has any of these:

Police raid suspected brothels in Westhampton, Southampton - 27east

I am so sick and tired of people who think "illegal aliens" do no harm to the communities they invade. Yeah right. Ask the sex slaves who toiled in that pit. They wouldn't be living that life if it weren't for illegal aliens making themselves at home and instead of adapting to LI suburban QOL, tearing the QOL down to 3rd world slum levels.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
I wonder if Westbury and/or NC has any of these:

Police raid suspected brothels in Westhampton, Southampton - 27east

I am so sick and tired of people who think "illegal aliens" do no harm to the communities they invade. Yeah right. Ask the sex slaves who toiled in that pit. They wouldn't be living that life if it weren't for illegal aliens making themselves at home and instead of adapting to LI suburban QOL, tearing the QOL down to 3rd world slum levels.
I'm sick of it too. They try to make you feel guilty.. meanwhile enabling towns like this to succumb to gangs because everyone has to be PC and let illegals overrun their area and not say a damn word about it. The whole country is becoming blind to it. Imagine if we tried setting up gangs in El Salvador??!? How would they react?

-->> //www.city-data.com/forum/long-...hood-near.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island