Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2011, 06:22 PM
gag

683 posts, read 1,421,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABACAB View Post
Take another tote dude, because your logic is stretched more than a small thong on a plus sized woman
dats a funny one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 06:24 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
... how David Laffer's neighbors who were interviewed seemed to think he was "okay":

How do these nutballs manage to fool their neighbors so well and then just go and do something as completely and totally heinous as blow away 4 human beings?

It's always the "quiet, nice" ones "who mind their own business!"
"It is no surprise that John Wayne Gacy, Jr. was admired and liked by most who had known him. He was a sharp businessman who had spent his time, when not building up
his contracting company, hosting elaborate street parties for friends and neighbors, dressing as a clown and entertaining children at local hospitals and immersing himself in
organizations such as the Jaycees, working to make his community a better place to live. People who knew Gacy thought of him as a generous, friendly and hard-working man,
devoted to his family and community. However, there was another side to Gacy that few had ever witnessed"...

Do we ever really know our neighbor???

Old 06-22-2011, 07:00 PM

22,670 posts, read 36,804,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
Just think, if marijuana was legal, this probably would not have occured. Unfortunately, the pharmaceutical lobby has such a influential presence in Washington and they keep marijuana illegal to protect their profits and keep many of us citizens addicted to synthetic opiates which "for profit" insurance companies reap the bennies
Marijuana and oxycodone are not even comparable as drugs. I had surgery over the winter and was prescribed oxycodone....on surgeon's advice I took it every 6 hours to keep ahead of the pain....and I took the minimum dosage. Soon enough I started cutting back ... I would not take it when I got up in the morning and once I started having pain, I'd take it. And I quickly realized that I was nauseous from not taking the medication....I was hardly taking any at all and I was having freaking withdrawal symptoms. I wasn't even getting any "feeling" from it, but my body was used to taking it. I can only imagine someone who is physically and mentally weak and taking gobs of this stuff, how addicted/dependent they must get. Not that I feel sorry for either one of these losers.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:56 AM

1,615 posts, read 3,581,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Maybe he is not an addict and this was purely a profit-driven motive with sociopathic action thrown in on top:

-- kill people in order to steal the pills and sell them.

PS: He probably also killed them out of cowardice and a fear of not being able to control the situation even though he was the one who had the gun.

Nope. It was for a "sick" wife. Just a couple of dopers. Did anyone notice that his father listed Dexter as his favorite show on Facebook.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:06 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Marijuana and oxycodone are not even comparable as drugs. I had surgery over the winter and was prescribed oxycodone....on surgeon's advice I took it every 6 hours to keep ahead of the pain....and I took the minimum dosage. Soon enough I started cutting back ... I would not take it when I got up in the morning and once I started having pain, I'd take it. And I quickly realized that I was nauseous from not taking the medication....I was hardly taking any at all and I was having freaking withdrawal symptoms. I wasn't even getting any "feeling" from it, but my body was used to taking it. I can only imagine someone who is physically and mentally weak and taking gobs of this stuff, how addicted/dependent they must get. Not that I feel sorry for either one of these losers.
The stuff is too easy to get for something as dangerous as it is. Marijuana is so benign compared to opiates yet it is a schedule 1 drug according to the fed.

The last 3 times I was prescribed painkillers I turned down opiates and simply asked for Ibuprofen. In only one of the cases did I really need anything with any strength, so part of the problem is that doctors are handing this stuff out like it's candy.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:33 AM

22,670 posts, read 36,804,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
The stuff is too easy to get for something as dangerous as it is. Marijuana is so benign compared to opiates yet it is a schedule 1 drug according to the fed.

The last 3 times I was prescribed painkillers I turned down opiates and simply asked for Ibuprofen. In only one of the cases did I really need anything with any strength, so part of the problem is that doctors are handing this stuff out like it's candy.
and the way it's prescribed - my directions said "take 1-3 pills every 4 to 6 hours"....I can just imagine how I would have felt if I took 3 pills every 4 hours!!! I was taking maybe 3 pills a day!

Old 06-23-2011, 07:51 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,747,138 times
Quote:
and the way it's prescribed - my directions said "take 1-3 pills every 4 to 6 hours"....I can just imagine how I would have felt if I took 3 pills every 4 hours!!! I was taking maybe 3 pills a day!
WHAT!? How many mg was that? Your Dr is nuts.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:55 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,008,116 times
Quote:
That's excessively strong - 1 - 3 pills every 4 to 6 hours. I had taken the same stuff - initially took 2 pills every 8 hours, then took the bare minimum to wean myself off of it - take two of those pills and you are literally "flying". Was completely off the stuff in 3 days even though I had enough for 2 weeks.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:59 AM

3,122 posts, read 4,954,383 times
I remember taking Palladone after one of my surgeries before the recall. That was one powerful drug

Old 06-23-2011, 08:51 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
I remember taking Palladone after one of my surgeries before the recall. That was one powerful drug

That's semi-synthetic morphine.

I was given a shot of Demarol once for some acute pain. I can see why opiods are so dangerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island