Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 12:39 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon_Byrne View Post
I would never ever ever, EVER go back to cable, even if they paid me.
Okay, here's a question.

What about the free wi-fi from Cablevision for subscribers? Doesn't that save money for people instead of using the dataplans from the cellphone providers (like Verizon)? According to the commercial, it is faster too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 12:48 PM

160 posts, read 317,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Okay, here's a question.

What about the free wi-fi from Cablevision for subscribers? Doesn't that save money for people instead of using the dataplans from the cellphone providers (like Verizon)? According to the commercial, it is faster too.
I don't really use wi-fi that often. I know that the FiOS wireless modem works INCREDIBLE in and around the house for laptops as well as smart phones. I have w wi-fi connection at work for when I need it. I don't use smart phones, from my experience, with the right hardware, you can steal wi-fi just about anywhere if you need it. That benefit would not be relevant to me.

Old 11-21-2011, 12:49 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,998,482 times
Quote:
Okay, here's a question.

I use it all the time. Still have to pay for a data plan or no internet at all. Kicks in and out alot (based on location) but the price is right, it is way faster than the 3G on the device and the phone finds it automatically whenever it's available.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:22 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,808,045 times
I tried verizons wireless and its so slow. It took quite some time to buffer whereas cables was done in a matter of seconds.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:25 PM

160 posts, read 317,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz Crazy View Post
I tried verizons wireless and its so slow. It took quite some time to buffer whereas cables was done in a matter of seconds.
Upload speed?

Boost, or no Boost?

pequadude?

Old 11-21-2011, 01:47 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,747,138 times
Quote:
Okay, here's a question.

Verizon FiOS has free router with wifi. It's good, but I would not recommend it on a smartphone. Laptop/tablet yes, but phones it will eat your phones battery alive if you leave wifi on all day. Better off using a fast 4G service like Verizon's 4G LTE..which is blazing fast for wireless internet. Almost as fast as broadband wifi (maybe the same).

Quote:
3G yeah, but 4G LTE was slow?? I highly doubt that.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:58 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,998,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Verizon FiOS has free router with wifi. It's good, but I would not recommend it on a smartphone. Laptop/tablet yes, but phones it will eat your phones battery alive if you leave wifi on all day. Better off using a fast 4G service like Verizon's 4G LTE..which is blazing fast for wireless internet. Almost as fast as broadband wifi (maybe the same).

3G yeah, but 4G LTE was slow?? I highly doubt that.
iphone doesn't support 4G and the others are just, well...phones.

Old 11-21-2011, 02:23 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,747,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose65 View Post
iphone doesn't support 4G and the others are just, well...phones.
It ain't a smart phone if it doesn't support 4G. This is another debate, but iPhone's consistently behind the curve -- as they are now with their iPhone 4S.

The Droid BIONIC 4G will run circles around the iphone.

Android>iPhone

Last edited by Pequaman; 11-21-2011 at 02:34 PM..

Old 11-22-2011, 04:22 AM

1,418 posts, read 2,808,045 times
verizon services also used alot more power thus making your lipa bill higher.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:31 PM

2,361 posts, read 1,752,787 times
Quote:
verizon services also used alot more power thus making your lipa bill higher.

Oh pequadude, will you EVER learn?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island