Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 01:24 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,807,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Sonic sucks. All American makes their amazing "real" fries and burgers on premises. The shakes, fries, the burgers, the knishes and the prices are pretty much unbeatable. What more variety do they need?

Im afraid they dont make the fries fresh anymore. theyre delivered frozen now. they stopped cutting thier own fries 15 years ago. havent you noticed the little pieces of tato skin gone? they found it cheaper to have them shipped in frozen.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:35 PM

4,698 posts, read 8,760,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz Crazy View Post
Im afraid they dont make the fries fresh anymore. theyre delivered frozen now. they stopped cutting thier own fries 15 years ago. havent you noticed the little pieces of tato skin gone? they found it cheaper to have them shipped in frozen.
KennyPizzaGudioMatzohDude has spoken.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:41 PM

they also changed the pickles.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:48 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,706,112 times
They should add a vegan menu.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:39 PM

573 posts, read 1,242,793 times
I think one of the big deals about Sonic is that for years we have been treated to (or had to endure, depending on your outlook) Sonic commercials but there was no Sonic within a reasonable distance from Long Island. Perhaps if a Golden Corral or Cece's opens up (I don't think there are any of those on LI), people will line up for those too.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:55 PM

1,726 posts, read 4,038,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
They should add a vegan menu.
Already have one. Grilled cheese, fries and shakes. Plus ketchup is a vegetable according to the federal govt school lunch standards.

Last edited by nassau2suffolk; 01-25-2012 at 05:07 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 01-25-2012, 05:03 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,245,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nassau2suffolk View Post
Already have one. Grilled cheese, fries and shakes. Plus ketchup is a vegetable according to the federal govt school luch standards.
I dont think vegans can eat ANY animal products (which knocks out the grilled cheese and shakes I guess).

Old 01-25-2012, 09:15 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,746,443 times
I wasn't aware of this with vegans. I suppose they can eat the knishes and lots of ketchup, too. But aren't all plants technically derived from animals (fertilizer, manure,?). Makes no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
As much as I loved All American growing up and even as an adult....I stopped going there once 5 Guys came to LI.
I'll agree that there are better burgers. Cheeburger, The Good Life and even Massapequa diner's new burgers on those rolls (try one med-rare w/swiss) are better. But 5 Guys is a little too much sometimes. It's better, but All American has its place at 1/3rd the price and wait time, and it's a classic joint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz Crazy View Post
Where'd you get that from??
All American's fries start out as whole potatoes, which are skinned, and put through a cutter. Then they go straight to the deep fryer. The potatoes are never frozen, or in any fridge.

Last edited by Pequaman; 01-25-2012 at 09:24 PM..

Old 01-26-2012, 01:28 AM

74 posts, read 275,115 times
Sonic is honestly nothing special at all. I remember when I was visiting friends in NY a few years ago we drove to Pennsylvania to get some after a commercial came on and we were seriously disappointed. Then they started opening up within 30 miles of my home in Florida and decided to give it another go and they were still disappointing. The only thing I'll eat from them is their tater tots. Not really a reason to go there lol.

I'd much rather go to Five Guys or even one of the diners on Long Island, much better quality (Plainview Diner is amazing)

Old 01-26-2012, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
I wasn't aware of this with vegans. I suppose they can eat the knishes and lots of ketchup, too. But aren't all plants technically derived from animals (fertilizer, manure,?). Makes no sense.

I'll agree that there are better burgers. Cheeburger, The Good Life and even Massapequa diner's new burgers on those rolls (try one med-rare w/swiss) are better. But 5 Guys is a little too much sometimes. It's better, but All American has its place at 1/3rd the price and wait time, and it's a classic joint.

Where'd you get that from??
All American's fries start out as whole potatoes, which are skinned, and put through a cutter. Then they go straight to the deep fryer. The potatoes are never frozen, or in any fridge.
its common knowledge to anyone that lives in the Massapequa area. Im shocked you didnt know.

when was the last time you saw them slice a french frie in front of you? has it been, lets say,15 years? they come out of PLASTIC BAGS straight into the fryer. They do it right of front of you and you cant miss it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island