Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2012, 09:50 AM

23 posts, read 65,576 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of any granite slab yards where I can go to look and pick out my own slab at a good price? I've been looking at pictures of designs and colors, but there's nothing like seeing the entire slab. Also, is this a cheaper way to do it, rather than ordering from Home Depot or Lowes?

I'm not very picky and only need about 15 sq. ft. so I was wondering if I would be able to get a leftover piece or will I need a full slab. Having a family member who's a skilled handyman help me do the renovation so there's no contractor involved and need to figure things out on my own.

Willing to travel to Nassau, Suffolk, Queens, Brooklyn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 10:00 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,884,676 times
HK Marble in Flushing. They were recommended here before and when we did renovations they were the best of the bunch for us and had a warehouse to check out (was in LI City though). They were also willing to make a deal. My brother and mom also used them afterward for their houses.

https://plus.google.com/116239032338...ut?gl=us&hl=en

While you're there, you may also want to check out Tile World about a mile north down the same block.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:29 PM

6,384 posts, read 13,159,566 times
Marble.com on Marcus Blvd in Deer Park has a nice selection of slabs on site.

All Granite and Marble - Directions. Counter tops and vanity tops

Just make sure you do your homework...measure your total square footage, measure your linear inches for your edges, etc. I used them, the install was good but I had some headaches with the pricing. Every time I went back it was a different price. It all depends on how the computer is feeling that day I guess.

Old 10-27-2012, 04:38 AM

1,609 posts, read 4,688,180 times
There used to be a place in Garden city park where they cut the stuff,just south of jericho tpk. on herricks rd on the east side just before the rr tracks.Not sure if its still there ??

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=garde...D4CA&ved=0CAsQ

Last edited by qlty; 10-27-2012 at 04:53 AM..

Old 10-27-2012, 07:48 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlty View Post
There used to be a place in Garden city park where they cut the stuff,just south of jericho tpk. on herricks rd on the east side just before the rr tracks.Not sure if its still there ??

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=garde...D4CA&ved=0CAsQ
I'm on a handheld and cant make out the map. Is this the guy with the huge warehouse?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island