Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 01:52 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,702,389 times

Advertisements

I called the court and reached a woman who got quite the giggle when I mentioned defective tickets. She said many people ask about it, but that it isn't true. My son's ticket is not in the system yet so she couldn't see it. She added that sometimes the writing doesn't transfer through -- I explained that everything above the red lettering did transfer, just all the police info didn't.

He would have to go into court to fight the ticket. He's dead wrong for uninspected, the cop is wrong for not completely filling out the ticket, and the county/court is wrong for allowing improperly filled out tickets. Oh well. Someone has to fork over $50.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2013, 03:02 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
I called the court and reached a woman who got quite the giggle when I mentioned defective tickets. She said many people ask about it, but that it isn't true. My son's ticket is not in the system yet so she couldn't see it. She added that sometimes the writing doesn't transfer through -- I explained that everything above the red lettering did transfer, just all the police info didn't.

He would have to go into court to fight the ticket. He's dead wrong for uninspected, the cop is wrong for not completely filling out the ticket, and the county/court is wrong for allowing improperly filled out tickets. Oh well. Someone has to fork over $50.
Now that's interesting. I wonder if it is true in some courts, just not that one or if it is an urban legend altogether.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:49 PM

3,514 posts, read 5,696,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Now that's interesting. I wonder if it is true in some courts, just not that one or if it is an urban legend altogether.

No, an unsigned ticket is not a proper summons. Its because the officer swears that he witnessed the infraction under penalty of perjury. If its unsigned its not legal

Old 02-22-2013, 06:56 PM

69 posts, read 93,299 times
Quote:

Why not try taking the inspected car to the precinct with the ticket and see what the sargeant can do?

That's how we handled these back in the day...couldn't hurt to try...

Old 02-22-2013, 07:01 PM

118 posts, read 258,500 times
At the end of the day, your son parked his uninspected car illegally, right? Just pay the ticket.

Last edited by MathSciGirl; 02-22-2013 at 07:02 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 02-22-2013, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathSciGirl View Post
At the end of the day, your son parked his uninspected car illegally, right? Just pay the ticket.
He doesnt even know what the fine is, cant be read on the summons.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Swanson View Post
Why not try taking the inspected car to the precinct with the ticket and see what the sargeant can do?

That's how we handled these back in the day...couldn't hurt to try...

The OP cant even figure out who wrote the ticket and what jurisdiction they are from.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:29 PM

69 posts, read 93,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
He doesnt even know what the fine is, cant be read on the summons.
Yes, I missed that. Thanks.

I guess the only thing to hope for is that the judge tosses it OR wait and see if it ever makes the system and traces back..

Old 02-22-2013, 08:14 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,702,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathSciGirl View Post
The fine is not on the ticket. The car was parked legally in a parking spot; the ticket was for uninspected.

Had the ticket 1) included the fine amount and 2) been signed -- this thread would not exist.

If you had read my previous posts, you would see that I believe he should pay the fine, but feel that as citizens, the accused has the right to know their accuser. The parking ticket/summons lacked all police and agency info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Old 02-23-2013, 06:20 AM

118 posts, read 258,500 times
Quote:
The fine is not on the ticket. The car was parked legally in a parking spot; the ticket was for uninspected.

Had the ticket 1) included the fine amount and 2) been signed -- this thread would not exist.

If you had read my previous posts, you would see that I believe he should pay the fine, but feel that as citizens, the accused has the right to know their accuser. The parking ticket/summons lacked all police and agency info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Did he have a LIRR permit or should he have been in the north p lot?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island