Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 05:54 AM

3,520 posts, read 5,703,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Swanson View Post
I think most of what you posted pertains to NYC VTL. I skimmed the relevant parts of NYS VTL and there is no clear-cut "smoking gun" (that I could find) you could walk into court with to have it dismissed. Whereas NYC VTL specifically states criteria for defective tickets.
An unsigned summons is not a summons, just like any other unsigned legal document. Its not enforcable unless signed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 04:30 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garvey103 View Post
I'm happy to see you so worked up over this. Your never wrong. you got a ticket. if you can't figure it out wait until you get a second notice then pay it.
Not worked up as I didn't get the ticket. RIF

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Old 02-28-2013, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nassau2suffolk View Post
The million $$ question is what information is missing from the original or hard copy?
The ticket still is not in the system.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Doesn't your son know whether he was in class or using the LIRR? Apparently he was parkng in the wrong lot. Tell him not to park there anymore whether or not you can determne if the police knew he was parking in the wrong lot. In the same manner as you told him to get his car inspected whether or not he can read each part of the ticket.
The parking lot is irrelevant as he has since learned from a classmate that SCPD patrols both. LIRR riders also park in North P. Either end and he would have been ticketed for allowing his inspection to lapse. The SCPD isnt discrrning between commuters or students. They're looking for violations. Period.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:15 AM

186 posts, read 526,435 times
Default still??

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
The parking lot is irrelevant as he has since learned from a classmate that SCPD patrols both. LIRR riders also park in North P. Either end and he would have been ticketed for allowing his inspection to lapse. The SCPD isnt discrrning between commuters or students. They're looking for violations. Period.

can't beleive your still crying
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island