Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 03:03 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,730,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathSciGirl View Post
Did he have a LIRR permit or should he have been in the north p lot?
The North P lot is the student lot and he has a student parking permit. The LIRR and North P lot run into one another so there is overlap between the two. The entire lot is university property and the LIRR does not require a parking permit at the Stony Brook station.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 03:03 PM

24 posts, read 35,146 times
Go to the precint in the confines of where this summons was issued & explain to the desk officer the situation. They can find out from the summons # and who wrote it. If they can not give out the info(sometimes not willing due to overanxious individuals) they can tell you the fine amount,- plead guilty & send check or money order with summons # on it.
Parking summons sometimes have stamps of PO's info that does not come through carbon.(stamps are used when PO writes a lot of summonses)

Old 02-23-2013, 03:42 PM

118 posts, read 258,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
The North P lot is the student lot and he has a student parking permit. The LIRR and North P lot run into one another so there is overlap between the two. The entire lot is university property and the LIRR does not require a parking permit at the Stony Brook station.
The LIRR lot is not for commuter students:
http://www.stonybrook.edu/commcms/po...king%20map.pdf

Old 02-23-2013, 04:59 PM

3,526 posts, read 5,708,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outtaoptions View Post
Go to the precint in the confines of where this summons was issued & explain to the desk officer the situation. They can find out from the summons # and who wrote it. If they can not give out the info(sometimes not willing due to overanxious individuals) they can tell you the fine amount,- plead guilty & send check or money order with summons # on it.
Parking summons sometimes have stamps of PO's info that does not come through carbon.(stamps are used when PO writes a lot of summonses)

why would you plead guilty on a summons that wasnt issued properly? Regardless of actual guilt, you are entitled to due process.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:05 PM

Quote:
The LIRR lot is not for commuter students:
http://www.stonybrook.edu/commcms/po...king%20map.pdf
Kindly tell me how they know whether a student is 1) in class or 2) using the LIRR?

Better still, explain why you're making a parking issue (legally parked) out of a lapsed inspection ticket?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Old 02-24-2013, 03:45 AM

5,058 posts, read 3,959,934 times
Quote:
Kindly tell me how they know whether a student is 1) in class or 2) using the LIRR?

Doesn't your son know?

Beyond this, you may have jumped to conclusions based on some urban legends about this being a 'defective ticket'.

And SCPD is his 'accuser' in this case.

Old 02-24-2013, 05:12 AM

118 posts, read 258,708 times
Quote:

Better still, explain why you're making a parking issue (legally parked) out of a lapsed inspection ticket?

You admitted your son let the inspection lapse. He was parked at the LIRR lot, not the North P so SCPD, rather than SBU police wrote the ticket. You seem intent on trying to wriggle your son out of the ticket on some technicality despite his being firmly in the wrong.

Tell him to man up and pay it. $50. Parking Ticket FAQ's: Suffolk County District Court

Old 02-24-2013, 03:09 PM

186 posts, read 526,569 times
Default I do

Quote:
Reading is fundamental. Go back and reread.

1) Overpaid cop can't take the time to properly fill out a ticket.
2) Vehicle is not mine -- once again, READ. I didn't let anything lapse.
3) The owner is willing to pay ticket, wants to know who wrote it.

Would you want to live in a nation where an anonymous individual behind a badge can accuse you of anything?

You've either really had to dig into my prior posts OR you've created a second user name. Which is it?

1) why is the cop overpaid?

2) sorry to inform you it doesn't sound like the officer issuing you the summons did anything on purpose.

3) yeah unfortunately I've had to defend myself from false allegations. if you think the worlds on
the level think again. but that's not the case in your issue. you just can't read the summons as it got
wet like you said in your op.

4) no reason to dig. anyone who visits this forum can see who the regular posters are. you
seem to be good at chastising others so I find it quite ironic your so worked up over a ticket.
you didn't get arrested or spend any time in jail, you got a expired inspection summons big deal
have your vehicle inspected, go to your local precinct and get it inspected by them, the over
paid cop will issue you a form to take to court where you can plead guilty and prove to the
judge you had your car inspected.

5) your presumption about the overpaid cop tells us all just not what you think but HOW you think.
good luck

Old 02-25-2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:
You admitted your son let the inspection lapse. He was parked at the LIRR lot, not the North P so SCPD, rather than SBU police wrote the ticket. You seem intent on trying to wriggle your son out of the ticket on some technicality despite his being firmly in the wrong.

Tell him to man up and pay it. $50. Parking Ticket FAQ's: Suffolk County District Court
What part of HE IS PAYING THE TICKET don't you comprehend?

No one is wriggling. If you had paid attention to what I had written, I initially posted about the ticket as I didn't know what entity issued it; it lacked ALL law enforcement info as well as the fine amount. Getting more information through some of the thread's responses, I learned who issued it, what the fine was and when I called to learn about the ticket's legitimacy, I was able to dispel an urban myth.

What did you do to help others today?

Old 02-25-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garvey103 View Post
1) why is the cop overpaid?
Look at what the SCPD is making and get back to me.

Quote:
2) sorry to inform you it doesn't sound like the officer issuing you the summons did anything on purpose.
The officer left the bottom of the summons blank and omitted the fine. Perhaps it wasn't on purpose; perhaps it was ineptitude. Which is better: vindictive or inept?

Quote:
3) yeah unfortunately I've had to defend myself from false allegations. if you think the worlds on
the level think again. but that's not the case in your issue. you just can't read the summons as it got
wet like you said in your op.
The summons is legible. The top part of the ticket -- location, date, offense, etc. -- is very clear despite the ticket having been wet. It's the bottom portion where all the PD info should have gone which is completely blank, as well as the line in which the fine amount should have appeared. The woman at the traffic court was all set to look up the ticket in the computer in her effort to help resolve this, but it was not yet in the system. When I asked about the 'defective ticket' people brought up on the page, she said that many people ask about it and that it isn't true.

Quote:
4) no reason to dig. anyone who visits this forum can see who the regular posters are. you
seem to be good at chastising others so I find it quite ironic your so worked up over a ticket.
you didn't get arrested or spend any time in jail, you got a expired inspection summons big deal
have your vehicle inspected, go to your local precinct and get it inspected by them, the over
paid cop will issue you a form to take to court where you can plead guilty and prove to the
judge you had your car inspected.
How does being a regular mean I am good at chastising people? Please show me all the recent posts in which I've chastised people. Any newbie could tell I am a regular by my post count. This leads me to suspect that you have posted here under a different screen name and I might or might not have stepped on your toes.

Quote:
5) your presumption about the overpaid cop tells us all just not what you think but HOW you think.
good luck
Do you pay taxes in Suffolk? Ever checked out seethroughny? Suffolk County could hire Brownies for a lot less money and have them scour the lots and write out tickets. Level 1 Traffic Enforcement Agents (those who write tickets) in NYC start at $29,217 and after 2 years are earning $33,600 (NYC Gov website) SCPD Starting salary is $42,000.00 ($57,811 after one year). After five years base salary is $108,608.00.

So tell me -- as a taxpayer HOW am I thinking? After 5 years a 'Brownie' will be making about 1/3 the SCPD officer will be making. Who is overpaid to write tickets?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island