Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 10:01 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,775,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
Well at least the economy is humming along and our foreign policy has made the world a better place. I'm waiting on Darwinism to cull the liberal herd.

BTW, What kind of bridge?

A suspension bridge! Miles long, administered by the MTA (ez pass accepted) that leads to........well you know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 10:29 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,733,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
How about a Sonny's BBQ? A new Jack in the Box? In and Out Burger?
Sonnys -- meh.

In and Out -- now you're talking!

Old 12-05-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Yep driving us right off a cliff! Love how you libs are always praying for the "old racist white people" to die, such compassionate people you are. If you think some old people dying is going to eliminate racism or bias and we will all hold hands and sing kum-bay-yah, then I have a bridge to sell you....
You're not looking at the long term picture.

The more 'racist' old white people who die + young white people procreating with other races = elimination of the white race over time.

Even when the white race is dead and gone, there will still be racism.

Old 12-05-2013, 10:39 AM

Town paves way for Chick-fil-A in Port Jeff Station
Quote:
While no board members or residents voiced disapproval of the zone change on technical grounds, a few people asked the board to dismiss the application due to concerns about their perceptions of the company's views.

Old 12-05-2013, 10:42 AM

4,698 posts, read 8,765,221 times
I figured this thread would go off the rails but I didn't think it would do so in such spectacular fashion. My compliments!

Old 12-05-2013, 10:50 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,149,446 times
You are welcome. Good effort everyone!

Old 12-05-2013, 11:08 AM

1,474 posts, read 3,058,894 times
Quote:
You are welcome. Good effort everyone!
Thanks! When is the awards ceremony?

Old 12-05-2013, 11:27 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,579,051 times
Quote:
Well at least the economy is humming along and our foreign policy has made the world a better place. I'm waiting on Darwinism to cull the liberal herd.

BTW, What kind of bridge?
A fast food thread with a blatant stab at politics? Why?

And man I gotta tell ya, I listen to the kids talking today and the liberal herd is getting smarter and louder. The conservative kids are made to look like fools when they start spouting the rhetoric taught to them by their parents and repeated only out of a sense of loyalty to family.

The funniest thing is, a close friend of my son told us the other night that she goes to Chick-fil-A all the time with one of her friends who's a member of the school's (the SCHOOL'S!!!!) LGBT chapter. He does it partly because he knows it ruffles some feathers but also because he refuses to give in to bigotry. And many of the kids who work there have let him know that they support him (but don't ever tell their parents).

Time was when tattoo's and multiple piercings were the things of outliers and social misfits, now it's perfectly normal and widely accepted, if you get my drift. Dylan had it right nearly ffity years ago, "For the loser now will be later to win, for the times they are a-changin'".

Old 12-05-2013, 11:45 AM

19,220 posts, read 17,105,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBitterness View Post
Thanks! When is the awards ceremony?
And who earlier said there is no "me generation", must everything have a reward?

Old 12-05-2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
A fast food thread with a blatant stab at politics? Why?

And man I gotta tell ya, I listen to the kids talking today and the liberal herd is getting smarter and louder. The conservative kids are made to look like fools when they start spouting the rhetoric taught to them by their parents and repeated only out of a sense of loyalty to family.

The funniest thing is, a close friend of my son told us the other night that she goes to Chick-fil-A all the time with one of her friends who's a member of the school's (the SCHOOL'S!!!!) LGBT chapter. He does it partly because he knows it ruffles some feathers but also because he refuses to give in to bigotry. And many of the kids who work there have let him know that they support him (but don't ever tell their parents).

Time was when tattoo's and multiple piercings were the things of outliers and social misfits, now it's perfectly normal and widely accepted, if you get my drift. Dylan had it right nearly ffity years ago, "For the loser now will be later to win, for the times they are a-changin'".
The liberals were the losers when Dylan wrote that, but they're the winners today. Would this mean the pendulum will swing back to the right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island