Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 09:41 AM

260 posts, read 451,032 times

Advertisements

well...back to Chik Fil A, we don't eat fast food regularly but I have had it when we've gone to Sesame Place. It's pretty good but I certainly wouldn't drive out of my way for it. I don't think the brand has suffered at all and will continue to thrive: "The fast food giant, the nation’s second-largest chicken chain, ended 2012 with $4.6 billion in sales — up 14 percent from $4.1 billion a year earlier. The company also opened 96 news stores, four more than the year before." Chick-fil-A keeps growing despite uproar | www.ajc.com

Take that with a grain of salt because there are no financial results available to the public. Many, like myself, support free speech. The owners have a right to their views, as Christians they support a certain view of marriage- that's their right. This is America. I am sure the store will do well.

Last edited by dcasty; 12-04-2013 at 09:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2013, 09:44 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,068,233 times
If I happen to be in PJS and feel like chicken I might give it a try. I do occasionally enjoy KFC...extra greasy.

Does CFA pay more than minimum wage to their employees?

Old 12-04-2013, 10:25 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,578,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
And the LGBT crowd isn't?
Isn't what, trying to force their will upon others? Honestly that's such a passive-aggressive stance to take and disappointing. The LGBT community isn't trying to tell anyone who they can or can't marry, they just want to be afforded the same legal rights as everyone else. They don't care if you like it or not, they just want freedom to choose like everyone else.

Old 12-04-2013, 11:39 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,148,598 times
I'm laughing my arse off about this thread. Can't believe a CFA going into PJS turns into whatever the hell this thread turned into.

No CFA, no multi-use developments, no Lighthouse Project, no Walmarts, no, no, no investments anywhere.
Good lord what a sorry state of affairs.

At least there's still beach, bagels and pizza.

Old 12-04-2013, 06:34 PM

19,220 posts, read 17,102,322 times
Quote:
I'm laughing my arse off about this thread. Can't believe a CFA going into PJS turns into whatever the hell this thread turned into.

No CFA, no multi-use developments, no Lighthouse Project, no Walmarts, no, no, no investments anywhere.
Good lord what a sorry state of affairs.

At least there's still beach, bagels and pizza.
But above all else the individuals rights must be preserved...

And this thread has followed the path that most these days follow.....time for dinner at Waffle House...

Old 12-04-2013, 06:54 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,148,598 times
Now you're talking.
A few weeks back a friend came down for a visit and was raving about the food down here, even the pizza, which shocked the heck out of me. To him, the Island's food has gone down hill. I used to head up to the Island with every meal planned to hit all our favorite places, so I have a hard time believing that quality and selection isn't what it used to be.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:30 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,148,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
Chick gets my business along with any business that supports true families.
No offense but I don't really care about the CEO's views on religion or marriage but a TRUE family is one that supports their kids. I'd rather see a loving gay couple with well taken care of kids than some guy abusing his wife and kids but being deemed REAL because it is a man and woman. Greasy food has no room for christian extreme political views. I like the idea of variety for the area because choices are always a good thing.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Now you're talking.
A few weeks back a friend came down for a visit and was raving about the food down here, even the pizza, which shocked the heck out of me. To him, the Island's food has gone down hill. I used to head up to the Island with every meal planned to hit all our favorite places, so I have a hard time believing that quality and selection isn't what it used to be.
The selection is still here but some of the places have gotten little stale. There used to be tons of places to get good deli food or a chicken parm hero at an italian place. Nowadays you just have to look a little harder, but they're still here.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:34 PM

How about a Sonny's BBQ? A new Jack in the Box? In and Out Burger?

Old 12-04-2013, 07:36 PM

20,062 posts, read 20,872,330 times
Shoneys, Stuckeys, Huddle House
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island