Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 07:47 PM

19,220 posts, read 17,105,490 times

Advertisements

I for one am a fan of place, as others mentioned great food, excellent service and clean. I am aware of the owners personal opinions of non-traditional lifestyles but that is their opinions. I don't know of any incident where customers were disrespected in any location due to their life style. The Sunday bit stinks but they are a private company and thats their policy, don't like it take your dollar elswhere.

As always those that find their views, store hours and food to be un-palatable are welcome to avoid it, I am sure there will be plenty more waiting to get in...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowergarden View Post
As long as you understand that the money you spend on his chicken sandwiches goes to fund his hate based activites. A part of the money you spend goes to the hate based groups he funds. If you care about not funding hate related activites, then you should care. If you don't care, then, fine, you help support and fund his activities. It matters where you spend your money. Live a principled life. It is not all about you. It is about the society you help create by how you vote, where you spend your time and where you spend your money. If you don't care, then you don't care. That is a reflection on you.
"It is not all about you" I hate to tell you but their is an entire generation of youth who operate as the center of their universe, to them it's all about me!...

It's nice to know you and the rest of moral fiber out there are actively evaluating what is worthy and what is not. Heaven forbid society was made of people who...shall I say it...think for themselves...

Put your soap box away most large companies are probally no more than six steps away from offending some segment of society with something they do or say..

Old 12-02-2013, 08:34 PM

342 posts, read 1,094,560 times
1) I have more faith in the next generation than you do, apparently.

2) I am not the judge of "worthy". However, I do support the right of individuals to live their lives as they wish, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. I believe and will work toward equality in our world. My point was to THINK about what you do and how your actions support or affect others. So, I think I am supporting people thinking for themselves. Your point is why bother thinking, just do what ever you want to. That is not thinking.

3) You say soapbox, I say providing information about issues.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:

2) I am not the judge of "worthy". However, I do support the right of individuals to live their lives as they wish, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. I believe and will work toward equality in our world. My point was to THINK about what you do and how your actions support or affect others. So, I think I am supporting people thinking for themselves. Your point is why bother thinking, just do what ever you want to. That is not thinking.
You didn't read what I wrote, "Heaven forbid society was made of people who...shall I say it...think for themselves" I am supporting people to think for themselves. What I object to are those who take a moralistic high ground " If you don't care, then you don't care. That is a reflection on you" and condem those who don't have the same value set.

Note: A generation doesn't get refered to as Generation Me because of their sense of obligation to society as a whole.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:13 PM

2,440 posts, read 6,262,284 times
As my 20-year-old son said, "I like gay marriage, but I like Chick-Fil-A more than I like gay marriage."

Old 12-03-2013, 02:28 AM

886 posts, read 2,648,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygreta View Post
As my 20-year-old son said, "I like gay marriage, but I like Chick-Fil-A more than I like gay marriage."
Love it.

Our 21 yr old daughter commented when the gays were bashing CEO of Barilla Pasta..."don't they have anything else to do?"

The answer may be no. Most of them are gainfully employed, have money yet no kids so they have time on their hands to concern themselves with things other than what "normal" parents do.
They do though make great neighbors.

Old 12-03-2013, 05:29 AM

342 posts, read 1,094,560 times
Standing up for what is right in the face of indifference is hard.

I understand that many of the people on this thread feel that this is not their fight, so why get involved. I could paste lots of inspirational quotes starting with "first they came for the fill in the blank, but I didn't speak out because I wasn't a fill in the blank". But, I don't think I'd get much farther. So, I will continue to live a thoughtful life, based on the principals of equality for all. I won't be spending my money on chicken sandwiches from CFA that would then be used to fund groups that actively work toward inequality for some.

Old 12-03-2013, 07:46 AM

7 posts, read 11,851 times
Quote:
Standing up for what is right in the face of indifference is hard.

I understand that many of the people on this thread feel that this is not their fight, so why get involved. I could paste lots of inspirational quotes starting with "first they came for the fill in the blank, but I didn't speak out because I wasn't a fill in the blank". But, I don't think I'd get much farther. So, I will continue to live a thoughtful life, based on the principals of equality for all. I won't be spending my money on chicken sandwiches from CFA that would then be used to fund groups that actively work toward inequality for some.
Well that's grand. One less on line in front of me unable to make up their minds.

Old 12-03-2013, 08:55 AM

1,474 posts, read 3,058,894 times
You think Chick Fil A is bad, check out this store in Centereach.
Attached Thumbnails
Chick-fil-a in Port Jeff Station?-image.jpg  

Old 12-03-2013, 09:12 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,084,698 times
Most stores have a Board of Directors or a CEO that will donate a portion of their profits to political action committees. Most of these stores and TV networks donate to liberal causes, yet, you never hear about that because most of the media supports those causes and won't blow that out of proportion.

So, instead, you get a CEO of a company that donates to what he believes in and you get the media making a big deal about it and calling for boycotts.

What about a store like Costco that donated $225K in 2007 to Democratic PACs? Or Estee Lauder that donated $448K to Democrats? Should republicans boycott those establishments?

As I said, most companies have a political agenda, that you most likely don't know of. To boycott a single store over it's polictical leaning is cherry picking and doesn't make you look like a good person. If you are going to boycott, you should look into EVERY corporation and boycott EVERYTHING that goes against your politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island