Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 02:42 PM

290 posts, read 583,180 times

Advertisements

Can we try and get a few things straight? You posted one thing, and then changed it to another -- right? I didn't know [and apparently neither did you] who you were referring to originally. When you finally clarify what you are talking about, you insist, and if I'm wrong, please clarify exactly what it is you're trying to say, that I knew what you were talking about. Lastly, there are several subdivisions in Records. Most of it deals with Prisoner processing. Not all; but most. A small part, and for emphasis NEITHER OFFICER IN EITHER STORY HAS EVER WORKED IN deals with pistol permits. IN the end, you have the option to believe what you want. I'm a fan of the truth, but...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2014, 02:42 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,769,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
You grew up in a white trash racist town so ill give you a pass.
Pot meet kettle... Wow. Who's the racist bigot now?

Old 02-05-2014, 03:00 PM

2,045 posts, read 1,889,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Do you think the crooked cop would really risk that behavior for example on a latino who was a legal citizen and a doctor or business owner? Or a latino born in the USA who is a college student with a clean record? He's going to do that to someone who has something to hide so he thinks (hopes) they won't rat him out. It's terrible he did it to ANYONE no matter their immigration status or how they made the money he stole. He is nothing but a predator. He was not doing his job; he was out there preying on the public. Nothing but a dirtbag who deserves to not only be FIRED, but to also serve time in prison for what he did. Years not months or mamby pamby probation or public service deals.
How does one distinguish a legal tradesman, of which their are hundreds of thousands, to an illegal? Not all upstanding citizens are doctors and lawyers.

Old 02-05-2014, 03:08 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,303,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey95 View Post
Can we try and get a few things straight? You posted one thing, and then changed it to another -- right? I didn't know [and apparently neither did you] who you were referring to originally. When you finally clarify what you are talking about, you insist, and if I'm wrong, please clarify exactly what it is you're trying to say, that I knew what you were talking about. Lastly, there are several subdivisions in Records. Most of it deals with Prisoner processing. Not all; but most. A small part, and for emphasis NEITHER OFFICER IN EITHER STORY HAS EVER WORKED IN deals with pistol permits. IN the end, you have the option to believe what you want. I'm a fan of the truth, but...
So obviously with this non-answer to my one simple question (If the baby food thief did not work SPECIFICALLY and only in the Firearms License Section, then what does/did he do for the Records Bureau since you are claiming "proprietary" knowledge?), you are just pretending to have "insider" information and now that I have debunked your challenge that I could not come up with a news story that would actually discuss the disgraced baby food thief's position in NCPD, which I did, you are furiously backpedalling.

Sorry, but we will have to go with the media on this one. Thanks for playing, anonymous internet poster pretending to be an "inside source."

To recap our EXACT CONVERSATION:

Quote:
I wont pretend to know anything about the civil service practices in Montana, but, please, show me where on **ANY** Reputable media source that talks about where the Officer is working? Odds are you won't, as he wasn't then nor is he now working in **ANY** capacity that you write about.
NOTE: You are the one posting one thing and changing it to another. There is no MULTIPLE "Officers" in your query above, which you now bring up just to muddy the waters. Give it a break with the nonsense please about what the phantom other officer does because we were only talking about one officer all along when it comes to where he was working and you knew that all along, as proven here. And now you are giving some fuzzy description of what "goes on" in Records ... hmm ... yet you still seem to not know what exactly the baby food thief DOES for them ... yet in your last post you are adamant you DO KNOW EXACTLY with capital letters and asterisks for emphasis ... hmmm ... hmmm ... hmmm ... now who's posting one thing and changing it to another?

And here is my media source "that talks about where the Officer is working" ... exactly as you asked:

Nassau Cop Gets Community Service for Stealing Baby Food - Police & Fire - Malverne-West Hempstead-Lynbrook, NY Patch

Quote:
A police spokesman told The Associated Press in April that Welsh, a 25-year veteran of the force assigned to the Records Bureau, has been suspended without pay for 30 days.

Welsh, on the job since 1986, earned $147,607.43 in 2010, including base salary and overtime, according to county payroll records. He is assigned to the police department's records bureau, which helps handle gun-permit requests, processes prisoners and tests suspected drunken drivers.
"Odds are you won't?"

Odds are I DID!

Old 02-05-2014, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
How does one distinguish a legal tradesman, of which their are hundreds of thousands, to an illegal? Not all upstanding citizens are doctors and lawyers.
I am sure you are just baiting me so you can complain some more, but if you really need to be told, here goes:

What would a predatory cop look for if he wanted to mess with someone who might be an illegal alien or any other type of criminal?

No driver's license
Driver's license from state that gives slack to illegal aliens
No ID at all or ID that looks phony
Car that does not have proper registration, insurance or license plates
Car with plates, etc. from a state that is known for giving slack to illegal aliens
Excessive nervousness of driver and/or car occupants
Driver who does not speak English well and/or does not seem to understand US customs and/or how to behave in a traffic stop in the US
Driver who tries to flee
Drugs in the car
Weapons in the car
Driver appears to be from a low socioeconomic group, yet has a lot of cash in the car

As for "doctors, lawyers, tradesmen, etc." ... I was just making a quick example of the type of people the cop would not mess with.

Why are you so butt hurt about illegal aliens? Are you one too?

For the most part, I would say the people making comments on this thread are SUPPORTIVE of the victims of this predator of a cop and hope he loses his job and spends a significant time in prison, REGARDLESS of whether or not the victims are or are not illegal aliens, so you should not be complaining and crying "dat's rathist!" Save the "dat's rathist" for when it's really racist. I assure you, you will get to use it around here. All in good time.

Old 02-05-2014, 03:24 PM

290 posts, read 583,180 times
Excuse me, but, did you write this?

"Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post That cop now works a cushy desk gig in Nassau County making around $150K a year (no OT). He works in the unit that determines which ordinary citizens who apply are allowed to have handguns and which are not. In any other place, including the private sector, he would have been fired for being a criminal. Imagine that, you can still be a cop, even if you are caught being a criminal ... only in Nassau County, kids!"

because if you did, let me again inform you that officer has never worked in PLS. Ever. Moreover, he doesn't even work for the county any more. If you're hanging your hat on a cut & paste job by newsday as to what the ENTIRE responsibility of Records Bureau has, understand that not everyone does everything in a particular unit. Nor should they. Wouldn't that type of flawed logic means that if one person does something wrong, or even criminal, then any & all members must be as guilty, no? There's no shame in admitting if you were factually incorrect at one point. Happens to even me [even me].

Old 02-05-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Excuse me, but, did you write this?

"Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post That cop now works a cushy desk gig in Nassau County making around $150K a year (no OT). He works in the unit that determines which ordinary citizens who apply are allowed to have handguns and which are not. In any other place, including the private sector, he would have been fired for being a criminal. Imagine that, you can still be a cop, even if you are caught being a criminal ... only in Nassau County, kids!"

because if you did, let me again inform you that officer has never worked in PLS. Ever. Moreover, he doesn't even work for the county any more. If you're hanging your hat on a cut & paste job by newsday as to what the ENTIRE responsibility of Records Bureau has, understand that not everyone does everything in a particular unit. Nor should they. Wouldn't that type of flawed logic means that if one person does something wrong, or even criminal, then any & all members must be as guilty, no? There's no shame in admitting if you were factually incorrect at one point. Happens to even me [even me].
You're just proving my point for me. Again.

As for the bolded part, PROOF please of these two statements? Links to reputable media like you insisted ***I*** provide? You're an anonymous message board poster with no credibility whatsoever.

As for the underlined part, you swear he never did gun licensing in Records, never ever ever TOUCHED IT, yet once again you cannot say what he ACTUALLY did for them? LOL. Some insider. Again, proof please. Why should we believe anything you say?

Old 02-05-2014, 04:31 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,769,880 times
Quote:
I am sure you are just baiting me so you can complain some more, but if you really need to be told, here goes:

What would a predatory cop look for if he wanted to mess with someone who might be an illegal alien or any other type of criminal?

No driver's license
Car with plates, etc. from a state that is known for giving slack to illegal aliens
Driver who does not speak English well and/or does not seem to understand US customs and/or how to behave in a traffic stop in the US
Driver who tries to flee
Drugs in the car
Weapons in the car
Driver appears to be from a low socioeconomic group, yet has a lot of cash in the car

As for "doctors, lawyers, tradesmen, etc." ... I was just making a quick example of the type of people the cop would not mess with.

For the most part, I would say the people making comments on this thread are SUPPORTIVE of the victims of this predator of a cop and hope he loses his job and spends a significant time in prison, REGARDLESS of whether or not the victims are or are not illegal aliens, so you should not be complaining and crying "dat's rathist!" Save the "dat's rathist" for when it's really racist. I assure you, you will get to use it around here. All in good time.
I'll add to that list fake green card/EAD card, fake SSN card. Foreign ID. There are a ton of ways but again you are trying to argue using common sense with someone who thinks Suffolk county is as bad as the Jim Crow south.

Old 02-05-2014, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
I'll add to that list fake green card/EAD card, fake SSN card. Foreign ID. There are a ton of ways but again you are trying to argue using common sense with someone who thinks Suffolk county is as bad as the Jim Crow south.
When he returns from his La Raza meeting, I'm sure he'll blast us!

Old 02-05-2014, 04:45 PM

2,045 posts, read 1,889,663 times
Foremost I am not of hispanic descent. I am a good olde Whitey.
The problem I have is what made the cop pull them over? All those things you listed would require one to be stopped already, not a reason to stop them. Not sure where you are from but, I see very few cars pulled over since the inception of the red light camera. In fact id say its rare. So in my estimation this guy was targeting latinos specifically, thus being a hate crime. Also id like to add that thos board has tried to "explain" why it makes it understandable because they are easy marks. No one is complaining. No one is calling anyone a racist. Its just a fact that Suffolk county is well known for their penchant for hate crimes.
Quote:

No driver's license
Driver who tries to flee
Drugs in the car
Weapons in the car

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island