Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 09:10 AM

2,045 posts, read 1,889,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
He didn't do it for the money (check out his salary) that's for sure, supposedly he actually had it out for illegal aliens. Nor did he even take all their cash, just a bill or two he would slip on the side when doing his search. There are lots of places and ways he could ID probable victims. He had been doing it for awhile.
Par for the course with the hate crime capital.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2014, 09:29 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,303,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey95 View Post
I wont pretend to know anything about the civil service practices in Montana, but, please, show me where on **ANY** Reputable media source that talks about where the Officer is working? Odds are you won't, as he wasn't then nor is he now working in **ANY** capacity that you write about.
Are you saying he's NOT working at all or IS he working?

I will search for it and try and dig it out ... I didn't make this up about him working in the handgun permit unit ... I know I read it!

Old 02-05-2014, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whinnner1 View Post
Not siding with the crooked cop but it seems you got it all wrong. He's a Suffolk County cop who now works at a desk job in Nassau County? Did you do any research at all? or just write what ever sounded good at the time? Seems like you don't have any details right anywhere. You just sound like a cop hater. Thats ok your entitled.
I was discussing someone who was ALWAYS a Nassau cop. The one who was caught shoplifting baby food from a supermarket.

Old 02-05-2014, 09:41 AM

Default Okay Donkey!

You call me a liar and the first thing I find in my search verifies what I said I remembered reading in the media. Maybe I didn't remember the EXACT DETAILS correctly ($147K w/OT vs. approx. $150K w/o OT and he was transferred to the unit vs. he was already working in the unit), but here is your link for you:

Nassau Cop Gets Community Service for Stealing Baby Food - Police & Fire - Malverne-West Hempstead-Lynbrook, NY Patch

Quote:
A police spokesman told The Associated Press in April that Welsh, a 25-year veteran of the force assigned to the Records Bureau, has been suspended without pay for 30 days.

Welsh, on the job since 1986, earned $147,607.43 in 2010, including base salary and overtime, according to county payroll records. He is assigned to the police department's records bureau, which helps handle gun-permit requests, processes prisoners and tests suspected drunken drivers.

Old 02-05-2014, 11:26 AM

321 posts, read 595,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
hate to break it to you but most of the victims were illegal aliens. He would specifically target them because illegals tend to carry large amounts of cash (how most are paid) and also face getting locked up for "aggrivated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle". He would search them, count the money, keep a few bills for himself (covertly) and send them on their way. I guess he figured illegals wouldn't go to the cops, he was wrong. Several did after they realized they were robbed by a cop.
bingo!

Old 02-05-2014, 11:50 AM

400 posts, read 761,410 times
So basically whatever the guy did, whether it be illegals, fishermen, jockies, or underwear models, what he did was just plain wrong. So what are we to do while these dishonest cops and politicians steal from us?

Old 02-05-2014, 12:11 PM

The cop needs to be fired. He obviously has no integrity. He could have been arresting these illegals and instead he chose to steal petty cash from them.

The illegals need to be locked up and deported as well. Not just Central/South American illegals though, we have plenty of illegal aliens here from Eastern Europe.

Either that or shut off all the welfare money. It has to be one or the other. It's bad enough that we have to pay for all these other people's inability to provide for themselves, at least let them be citizens. It really burns my ass when we give hand outs to people that don't belong in this country.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:54 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,065,005 times
But where do the illegals come to?...NY State..gee, I wonder why they don't find another state...between Cuomo and DeBlasio they cant lose.

Old 02-05-2014, 01:00 PM

400 posts, read 761,410 times
So has anyone here actually emailed their congressman/woman. At the very least, that is what you should do. Its only going to happen if they get complaints. Otherwise you will silently die here on this board.

Old 02-05-2014, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
But where do the illegals come to?...NY State..gee, I wonder why they don't find another state...between Cuomo and DeBlasio they cant lose.
There are plenty of illegals in other states.

My grandparents live in Virginia and in their town there is a chicken factory. They physically process the live chickens into packaged meat at the plant. The entire sub-management staff is made up of undocumented workers. They get paid in cash every Saturday.

Again, I don't have any problem with legal immigrants. I am only a third generation American myself but my ancestors came here legally and they didn't get any tax-subsidized handouts when they showed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island