Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2020, 06:50 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post

In your first paragraph you say he’s trying to hide stats. In your last paragraph you directly attribute a quote on the same exact stats to him. Which is it?

The VERY NEXT LINE after the headline in your linked article is "it's not yet clear if they are now immune". Skipped right over the sub headline, eh?
Here's another piece containing reality-based clarifications & explanations:

What COVID-19 Antibody Tests Can and Cannot Tell Us

Assays that detect prior novel coronavirus infections could reveal the extent of outbreaks. But they may give individuals false security

Quote:
“We don’t know the natural [course] of the disease. All we can do is [say] that if you have a good [antibody] test, and you trust the result, and you’re positive, you did have exposure,” says May Chu, a clinical professor of epidemiology at the Colorado School of Public Health. “We do not know if [those antibodies are] protective. And we won’t know for months to come—until somebody else who’s been infected before gets exposed to the virus again, and we see whether they get sick or not,” says Chu, who is also a member of a World Health Organization expert group focused on infection control and prevention for the COVID-19 epidemic. ...
https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...annot-tell-us/

Old 05-10-2020, 06:51 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,405,066 times
No one knows anything. Moderator cut: [ language this, time to go out and play. Im done, dont care anymore. Its the blind leading the blind.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 05-10-2020 at 07:22 AM..

Old 05-10-2020, 07:12 AM

200 posts, read 379,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Unfortunately, ALOT of deaths, are being blamed on coronavirus, even if its not. I have a nurse friend, where the hospitals just assume the death was coronavirus, and mark it as that. Its ridiculous.
The assumption is on purpose. Its for money. If its a covid death, FEMA and Fed dollars higher.

Old 05-10-2020, 07:29 AM

874 posts, read 728,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmosandmind View Post
The assumption is on purpose. Its for money. If its a covid death, FEMA and Fed dollars higher.

its a medical mafia then, this is what I was saying before anyone can type in numbers in a computer and keep us locked down for months and months

Old 05-10-2020, 08:02 AM

7,922 posts, read 9,146,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post
the fact he hasnt talked about it since, or he dodges the question. the articles is almost 3 weeks old. Whats the real death rate in NY? Its not what they tell us, because even with all the test test test they take, they still cant give us an answer. Can you find the current death rate? These need to factor in cuomos "metrics".

and I love how they know everything about the virus but they still dont know if after you have been sick, if your immune.

makes no sense millions all of the world have been infected with the trillions pouring in for research they still dont know. This proves they are trying to prolong this crisis.

Just put someone with anti bodies in a room full of sick corona virus patients and see if they get sick! Your telling me they still dont know? Or havent even tried? Or even have a clue, or an idea? Nobody in the world has tried the experiment? Yeah something is not right here, something is not right at all!
We don't know how long the immunity to the virus will last be a use the virus has only been around for a few months. Is it a lifelong immunity, is it 6 months, 6 weeks, we don't know yet.

They are looking for volunteers to try the vaccine. Perhaps you would like to be in the clinical trials to help further the understanding of the virus?

https://www.centerwatch.com/clinical.../corona-virus/

We get it you are frustrated. If you are jobless, go get a job. Plenty of places are hiring where you can be exposed to the virus. Since you think the virus is nothing to worry about, go for it.

But the constant complaining is getting tedious and isn't solving anything. Put your energy to better use: go shopping for an elderly person, volunteer at a food bank or whatever. It will help the time until restrictions are lifted go faster.

Old 05-10-2020, 08:03 AM

22,666 posts, read 36,764,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post
the fact he hasnt talked about it since, or he dodges the question. the articles is almost 3 weeks old. Whats the real death rate in NY? Its not what they tell us, because even with all the test test test they take, they still cant give us an answer. Can you find the current death rate? These need to factor in cuomos "metrics".

and I love how they know everything about the virus but they still dont know if after you have been sick, if your immune.

makes no sense millions all of the world have been infected with the trillions pouring in for research they still dont know. This proves they are trying to prolong this crisis.

Just put someone with anti bodies in a room full of sick corona virus patients and see if they get sick! Your telling me they still dont know? Or havent even tried? Or even have a clue, or an idea? Nobody in the world has tried the experiment? Yeah something is not right here, something is not right at all!
They know nothing about this virus as it's existed for less than 6 months. Look back at the timeline:

it's transmitted by respiratory drops, wash your hands, no need for a mask
Hmmm, people may have this and not show any symptoms, still no need for a mask
all hell breaks loose, still no need for a mask
spins out of control - EVERYONE SHOULD BE WEARING A FACE COVERING (not mask, as you can't get one at this point)
wow, there are other problems with this disease, blood clots, COVID toes, and oh you might not be immune once you have it after all!

I stopped reading the day to day minutiae a long time ago. Here's what they know - it's only in retrospect that we will have the full picture of what this can and did do. Would they love to keep us locked down till then? Yeah, but they know they can't so they will string it along as best they can. Add to that NYers are the whiniest people on the planet (something I didn't realize till I moved away) and they know that even those NYers who are banging down the doors to be released, they will be the first ones complaining about "someone" should have DONE 'Something" ... when they "go out there" and get sick. They should let y'all loose and tell you the hospitals aren't taking COVID patients. Then you could really get back to your lives, because they only thing they are really concerned about is the hospitals being overrun.

Who wants to go out there and be the guinea pig for immunity? You do? Fine go do it. Plenty of public facing jobs available right now.

Old 05-10-2020, 08:12 AM

1,375 posts, read 1,199,915 times
Oh my god - 30 and broke and suzook - two witless, whining, sniveling little children bored with summer vacation now crying - there's nothing to do. I want to go out and play with the deadly virus and maybe pass it on to a dozen or so others who might wind up dying. GO OUT - GO. Stop your whining and your sniveling and your complaining and GO. Play in the grocery stores or the dollar stores or the drug stores or the home goods stores like Home Depot and Lowes - they are open. Go get a volunteer job in a hospital or nursing home - they need the help. Just STOP your babyish whining. NOBODY is forcing you home - unless you are on house arrest which wouldn't surprise me in the least. If you are BROKE go get a job - all those places I just mentioned can't find enough workers. Go. Out. And when idiots like you get sick and then sicken your entire social and family network - insurance should not have to cover your medical expenses and everyone else should sue your arses off for intentionally getting them sick. Your hero - the ever loving man-child in the Whitehouse who has also had enough and who won't wear a mask - has already infected his entire senior staff - including his VP and dozens of secret service agents. you two are going on my ignore list because I can't stand your childish complaining. You are both worse then my grandchildren - who aren't even in their teens yet and have more intelligent comments to make about this pandemic and stay at home request then either one of you. So stop posting - and go play in traffic.

Old 05-10-2020, 08:14 AM

11,630 posts, read 12,691,000 times
It's only a subset of uneducated people on this forum, Twingles. They have their opinion and it gets validated by their circle of friends. In real life, New Yorkers are more rational. They think that real life is like an episode of Star Trek The Next Generation where in the last five minutes, Jordie will come up with some techno babble solution. Science doesn't work that way. If it did, every one working on a Ph.D. in a science field would have their degree in 3 months. It's all trial and error. You have a theory, you test it, and it doesn't work. Repeat, repeat, repeat. There are so many questions and it will take a long time before we get solid answers.

Old 05-10-2020, 08:29 AM

11,630 posts, read 12,691,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyneighbor View Post
Oh my god - 30 and broke and suzook - two witless, whining, sniveling little children bored with summer vacation now crying - there's nothing to do. I want to go out and play with the deadly virus and maybe pass it on to a dozen or so others who might wind up dying. GO OUT - GO. Stop your whining and your sniveling and your complaining and GO. Play in the grocery stores or the dollar stores or the drug stores or the home goods stores like Home Depot and Lowes - they are open. Go get a volunteer job in a hospital or nursing home - they need the help. Just STOP your babyish whining. NOBODY is forcing you home - unless you are on house arrest which wouldn't surprise me in the least. If you are BROKE go get a job - all those places I just mentioned can't find enough workers. Go. Out. And when idiots like you get sick and then sicken your entire social and family network - insurance should not have to cover your medical expenses and everyone else should sue your arses off for intentionally getting them sick. Your hero - the ever loving man-child in the Whitehouse who has also had enough and who won't wear a mask - has already infected his entire senior staff - including his VP and dozens of secret service agents. you two are going on my ignore list because I can't stand your childish complaining. You are both worse then my grandchildren - who aren't even in their teens yet and have more intelligent comments to make about this pandemic and stay at home request then either one of you. So stop posting - and go play in traffic.
CD won't let me rep you again Unfortunately, it's not just those two posters you called out, but it's only a handful of uneducated spoiled children who have never lived through a real crisis in their life so they lack the ability to compare this to any other experience, nor do they have any sense of world history.

Old 05-10-2020, 08:41 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
The day before was 28,974 new cases, per the graph on your link. You can't know if something is growing or shrinking by the number of new cases or deaths from any one day. Thanks for demonstrating that you "don't know what is".
A one day change does not mean much, you need a trend of several days or weeks showing a consistently lower number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island