Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2020, 07:23 PM

5,057 posts, read 3,957,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Contact tracing is not a one-way street and is nothing new; epidemiologists have used this tool for a century or more in attempting to find the source of communicable disease as well as slow down its spread. "Patient One" in the HIV virus and the infamous "Typhoid Mary" were identified with the assistance of contact tracing. The current focus of the CDC in using contact tracing as a method to curb the spread of the current coronavirus does not indicate it is not a viable tool in identifying sources as well as targets and the two week look back period being used does just that.

These article provide a brief explanation:

https://edmdigest.com/response/conta...urce-diseases/

https://edmdigest.com/news/infectious-disease-covid-19/
I guess that is your way of saying you now know that Covid-19 contact tracers interview the known and tested Covid-19 infected subject to find out who has had contact with the subject while the subject was infectious. Those folks, when identified, are called and testing is recommended. And if positive, quarantine.

That is very clearly spelled out in the CDC current guidelines on Covid-19 contact tracing: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...t-tracing.html

(Typhoid Mary, early AIDS, etc. may (or may not) be different matters and may have included a vigorous effort to get to the source who may (or may not) spread the disease over an extended period of time and might have continued to do so. )

Old 05-23-2020, 09:44 PM

22,671 posts, read 36,804,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post

You have been complaining since day 1. Are you a business owner?
HA ha Ha hahaha....read his posting history, he's been on unemployment most of the last ten years. He just wants to make everyone else gets back to work to support him.

Old 05-23-2020, 11:16 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,886,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
Many delis and restaurants are paying cash off the books to fill the spots. Because you’re right 100% no one is coming back to make $500 a week when they can make $1000 staying home.

So those workers are making out great right now.
I am told the same thing is happening in Canada as far as making out in unemployment instead.

Old 05-24-2020, 12:40 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,843,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
I guess that is your way of saying you now know that Covid-19 contact tracers interview the known and tested Covid-19 infected subject to find out who has had contact with the subject while the subject was infectious. Those folks, when identified, are called and testing is recommended. And if positive, quarantine.

That is very clearly spelled out in the CDC current guidelines on Covid-19 contact tracing: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...t-tracing.html

(Typhoid Mary, early AIDS, etc. may (or may not) be different matters and may have included a vigorous effort to get to the source who may (or may not) spread the disease over an extended period of time and might have continued to do so. )
No, that is my way to include even the grossly obvious for those who need such information to fully understand a concept. I shall remember to don my Captain Obvious garb the next time I am addressing you. The solution to the confusion exhibited in your last paragraph above is found in the two links I have previously supplied.

Old 05-24-2020, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
No, that is my way to include even the grossly obvious for those who need such information to fully understand a concept. I shall remember to don my Captain Obvious garb the next time I am addressing you. The solution to the confusion exhibited in your last paragraph above is found in the two links I have previously supplied.
As an alternative you could know what you are talking about before spouting off regarding Covid-19 contact tracing.

And leave any dress-up games you’d like to play behind closed doors.

You can add to your knowledge by, again, reading current CDC guidelines on Covid-19 contact tracing: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...t-tracing.html

Last edited by Quick Commenter; 05-24-2020 at 05:01 AM..

Old 05-24-2020, 05:24 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,772,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
He overplayed his hand, and people are turning on him now. Especially for the nursing home deaths.

Curious what's gonna happen here, we started phase 2 re opening yesterday but bars are still closed. They're not happy. There aren't THAT many pure bars here, though, not like NY. And at the last minute Cooper allowed breweries (which there are a ton of) and wineries to open.
Yep, his widely mocked vanity CNN interviews with his brother didn’t help either. He also needs to quit with the endless daily press conferences, like trump thankfully finally did.

Old 05-24-2020, 05:25 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,772,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Even Fauci is calling for opening up now.

Protect the sick and elderly
Practice social distancing
Wear masks to help prevent spread
This.

Old 05-24-2020, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
He overplayed his hand, and people are turning on him now. Especially for the nursing home deaths.

Curious what's gonna happen here, we started phase 2 re opening yesterday but bars are still closed. They're not happy. There aren't THAT many pure bars here, though, not like NY. And at the last minute Cooper allowed breweries (which there are a ton of) and wineries to open.
He's hopscotching excuses (first it was overcrowded hospitals, then it was bad nursing home operators, then it was pointing out that other states had nursing home deaths, and now [of course] it is "Trump's CDC") hoping the public will buy one or more of the excuse smorgasbord. He even desperately whipped out the old "Republican's are playing politics" attempted diversion. Nobody (left, right, or center) is buying his childish excuses on this one.

Unfortunately the pesky little facts are that one simply cannot permit Covid-positive patients to enter nursing homes. Ever. The fact he reversed himself and the state's new standing order explicitly forbids continuing that catastrophic action is as close he has got to admitting he was wrong.

NY's nursing home debacle, rather than the whole series of televised press conferences, may very well be his legacy for the crisis.

And he knows it.

Old 05-24-2020, 06:12 AM

35,076 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
He's hopscotching excuses (first it was overcrowded hospitals, then it was bad nursing home operators, then it was pointing out that other states had nursing home deaths, and now [of course] it is "Trump's CDC") hoping the public will buy one or more of the excuse smorgasbord. He even desperately whipped out the old "Republican's are playing politics" attempted diversion. Nobody (left, right, or center) is buying his childish excuses on this one.
Add to this the new "children's Covid."

Old 05-24-2020, 06:31 AM

13,056 posts, read 18,121,249 times
There is no easy answer because the issue of your personal freedom vs mine is at the heart of this debate. You choose not to wear a mask because of your beliefs in terms of freedom as it applies to you area at stake. The next person looks at it that your choice is potentially putting him at risk. Which is closer to the truth? The jury is still out. Answers will come eventually.

Sort of like the debate years ago when they banned smoking. Person 1 wants to smoke, person 2 wants it banned. Person 1's personal freedoms were violated in his view by person 2 and vice versa. Yes, I understand there is a quite a difference at this point in the two, a known carcinogen vs. an unknown enemy, but the point is when things like this happen someone will always feel like their rights have been violated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island