Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2021, 12:02 AM

5,058 posts, read 3,962,017 times

Advertisements

Beyond record-setting numbers of illegals crossing the border on his watch Biden has also spent (by far) the least amount of time at work in the White House. So, that’s two ‘accomplishments’ for ole Joe. https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/23/polit...way/index.html

His ratio of screw-ups per days worked is quite something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2021, 06:04 AM

690 posts, read 585,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Beyond record-setting numbers of illegals crossing the border on his watch Biden has also spent (by far) the least amount of time at work in the White House. So, that’s two ‘accomplishments’ for ole Joe. https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/23/polit...way/index.html

His ratio of screw-ups per days worked is quite something.
Are they really screw-ups though? Seems to me, most are intentionally done.

Old 10-24-2021, 01:33 PM

852 posts, read 1,444,242 times
I guarantee that if everyone in this country got off of social media, where they inundate themselves on a daily basis with extremist memes and propaganda from one side of the aisle or the other, Americans would go back to not being divided over "made up" wedge issues and instead work together to solve our common problems.

A bonus would be to get ****-stirring right and left wing pundits (Tucker Carlson, Rachel Maddow, Sean Hannity, etc, etc) off the air. All they do is complain and cause trouble, never adding anything constructive to our country.

Old 10-24-2021, 04:49 PM

20,073 posts, read 20,883,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody516 View Post
I guarantee that if everyone in this country got off of social media, where they inundate themselves on a daily basis with extremist memes and propaganda from one side of the aisle or the other, Americans would go back to not being divided over "made up" wedge issues and instead work together to solve our common problems.

A bonus would be to get ****-stirring right and left wing pundits (Tucker Carlson, Rachel Maddow, Sean Hannity, etc, etc) off the air. All they do is complain and cause trouble, never adding anything constructive to our country.
I’ve been saying this a while. But social media is like pure cut Columbia’s cocaine.
Just too hard to beat it.

Old 10-24-2021, 05:41 PM

958 posts, read 1,106,974 times
At first I did. Then I watched him a few times . Holly crap . He is A senile old window licker . Give him a box of crayons and a Helmut.
The man can't string More than a few sentences tougher. He is not sure who his wife is. Ever watch her lead/walk him in a crowd ?
You ever ask yourself Who is the real president ? Certainly not him. Wait not more than six months You will see China and or NoKo Challenge him and he will back down. Bet anyone here $100 to your favorite charity. Something happens to stop the oil flow by 1/3 or more.
The US can out produce any country. Been proven

Old 10-24-2021, 08:37 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,522,985 times
Biden isn't actually the president. No one voted for Biden. They voted for Trump, or against Trump. They ended up with "Biden", who is basically an animated dummy that the Democrats use as their figurehead. A real life "Weekend at Bernie's" except instead of two guys trying to cover their butts you have insane people who think they are virtuous but actually need to be laid out in mass graves.

Old 10-25-2021, 11:52 AM

6,467 posts, read 3,160,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
Biden isn't actually the president. No one voted for Biden. They voted for Trump, or against Trump. They ended up with "Biden", who is basically an animated dummy that the Democrats use as their figurehead. A real life "Weekend at Bernie's" except instead of two guys trying to cover their butts you have insane people who think they are virtuous but actually need to be laid out in mass graves.
That what happened, exactly.........

Old 10-27-2021, 11:01 AM

13,512 posts, read 17,046,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
It's not surprising as much as it is ridiculous. I know half the country hates Biden myself included. I just don't see a need to go to this extreme. It is not going to solve anything
It's called mental immaturity. It's overgrown children who cannot handle nuance or grown up behavior, and it's become a plague among many. A grown man walking around waving a Trump flag or an F-U Biden flag or a flag with anyone's name on it just doesn't make any sense to me, yet I saw it last Halloween in my own neighborhood. The whole thing has an air of professional wrestling, and it's embarrassing. But that's the level of intellect and wisdom you are dealing with when it comes to people like you've mentioned.

I will be voting against Biden unless it's Trump. Hopefully the party doesn't make that mistake again because there are some really misguided people who've continued to fall for his con. Only if you have conflated real life with reality TV or professional wrestling do you think someone like that is fit to lead a country.

Old 10-27-2021, 11:09 AM

13,512 posts, read 17,046,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueworld View Post
Same here; moderate Independent. My dad was a staunch Republican, went to meetings at the local Republican Club and even took me to one as a child, when Eisenhower won (I forget which time, LOL.) I probably still have the Ike/Nixon button somewhere, that I was given! My mom never once expressed a political opinion in my hearing, so I honestly have no idea what her leanings were.

Yes, LI has changed, exactly as you have described. It has become acceptable to behave in a manner that used to be, if not outright unacceptable, at least criticized. I despised Trump, and I must admit that the Biden of today is not the same Joe Biden that I admired so much in the early 2000s. That makes me sad, but I do believe that he is and always has been a man of good character and so I cannot actually dislike him. I felt the same about John McCain even though I did not agree with some of his policies; was very sad when he died - it was an "end of an era" feeling.
I voted for Biden. He is not running his administration. His staff is, and they are mostly younger woke-progressives, or at a minimum people playing to that base.

The clincher for me was the Jen Psaki conference after the Ma'Khai Bryant shooting, and I quote.

"We know police violence disproportionately impacts Black and Latino people and communities and that Black women and girls — like Black men and boys — experience higher levels of police violence,"

If you think that moderate Joe Biden would have ever allowed a statement like that after one of the most justified police shootings I've ever seen, you are as nuts as the people who wrote it.

This administration is catering to the woke social justice agenda/religion, and that agenda is dangerous for America and democracy itself. As dangerous as Trump's anti-democratic nature.

Old 10-30-2021, 11:34 PM

24,128 posts, read 32,512,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFC.ONE View Post
If I lived 100 lifetimes I would never be at a rally for a politician. That's some cult of personality type worship that I can't wrap my head around.
I can't either. I would make a bad cult member and a terrible nazi. Voting is enough. I don't need to boost any president's ego for four or more years.

If they need that kind of narcissistic supply, they should be in the entertainment industry - NOT public service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island