Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2021, 07:14 AM

20,097 posts, read 20,903,532 times

Advertisements

“Woke has no place here”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2021, 07:54 AM

193 posts, read 271,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
If that's your idea of winning remind me not to follow any of your insights on who is going to the Super Bowl.
Nice try. We all know that Republicans don't watch football anymore. They've canceled the NFL. Fox and Trump told them to.

Old 11-05-2021, 07:55 AM

1,330 posts, read 1,674,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpepelepeu View Post
Yesterday, we successfully won the inclusion and the establishment of the US Civilian Climate Corps in the Build Back Better Act. This program is set to create over 300,000 public service jobs for people of all ages to help mitigate climate change and environmental injustices.
You support another racially divisive social program?

Quote:
On the election front, we also have some good news. Tiffany Cabán – a public defender who advocates for the shutdown of Rikers jail – was elected to the New York City Council.
Closing a jail is good? why?

Quote:
Michelle Wu, a progressive, became the first woman and person of color to be elected as Mayor of Boston.
Wow, a progresssive beat a slightly less progressive candidate by 30 points! In a city that has a history of liberal mayors.

Old 11-05-2021, 08:55 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,152,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFC.ONE View Post
Nice try. We all know that Republicans don't watch football anymore. They've canceled the NFL. Fox and Trump told them to.
I hate when you're right.

Old 11-08-2021, 07:47 AM

108 posts, read 121,363 times
Quote:
"Michelle Wu, a progressive, became the first woman and person of color to be elected as Mayor of Boston.
How they are always obsessed with skin pigmentation... by the way, how is an Asian now considered a "person of color"? Would that be "yellow"? No disrespect to Asians. SMH

Old 11-08-2021, 12:53 PM

5,069 posts, read 3,967,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead8286 View Post
How they are always obsessed with skin pigmentation... by the way, how is an Asian now considered a "person of color"? Would that be "yellow"? No disrespect to Asians. SMH
That phrase sounds like it was poorly translated into English. Who says ‘person of height’ or ‘person of fat’?

Beyond that, I think the woke crew considers Asians to not be ‘persons of color’ for things like college quotas/set asides (affirmative action). Of course that same crew doesn’t realize white is actually a color so we’re not talking genius types in any case.

Old 11-08-2021, 03:26 PM

1,772 posts, read 3,240,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFC.ONE View Post
they still watch. Especially now that they have a new hero.

Old 11-08-2021, 06:11 PM

11,649 posts, read 12,727,120 times
I have an update about that house with anti-Biden signs with obscenities all over the lawn and their fence. I guess someone made the home owner remove the ones with the obscenities. The other anti-Biden signs have remained.

Old 11-09-2021, 10:58 AM

35,134 posts, read 17,087,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I did not know how to properly title this. Anyway as I am leaving the Stop and Shop in East Islip today. I hear a bunch of horns honking on sunrise and see pickup trucks driving East bound with flags all over. I was like WTF is this now? I go home and about an hour later I am sitting outside on my front porch. I see another big pickup truck driving westbound on Sunrise with several flags and signs all over saying F....ck Biden. Has anyone else seen this? I am not crazy about Biden either but I don't think I would go to that extreme. First it was the Trump supporters parading down main Street from East Islip to West Islip honking horns go trump. Now today total opposite. Armageddon has begun. Next it's riots in the streets if not already.
Clean that up with Let's Go Brandon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
I have an update about that house with anti-Biden signs with obscenities all over the lawn and their fence. I guess someone made the home owner remove the ones with the obscenities. The other anti-Biden signs have remained.
Is there a sign mentioning Brandon?

Old 11-09-2021, 04:22 PM

18 posts, read 8,500 times
I'm a new member here, and I just wanted to stop by to congratulate Biden on his historic infrastructure bill. What a great bill for America!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island