Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2021, 05:48 PM

13,059 posts, read 18,146,601 times

Advertisements

[quote=TartBagelstein;62284691]I'm a new member here, and I just wanted to stop by to congratulate Biden on his historic infrastructure bill. What a great bill for America!![/QUOTE]

Oh, you are right it is going to be. I know many can hardly wait til you need additional classrooms and teachers for the universal PreK program that is part of that infrastructure bill. That school tax bill will really be great on LI especially.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2021, 07:38 PM

6,385 posts, read 13,169,132 times
[quote=nuts2uiam;62285149]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TartBagelstein View Post
I'm a new member here, and I just wanted to stop by to congratulate Biden on his historic infrastructure bill. What a great bill for America!![/QUOTE]

Oh, you are right it is going to be. I know many can hardly wait til you need additional classrooms and teachers for the universal PreK program that is part of that infrastructure bill. That school tax bill will really be great on LI especially.
Do you think that troll of a poster actually took the time to even see what was in this infrastructure bill? I would say absolutely not!

Old 11-10-2021, 06:26 AM

13,059 posts, read 18,146,601 times
[quote=rocafeller05;62285791]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post

Do you think that troll of a poster actually took the time to even see what was in this infrastructure bill? I would say absolutely not!
Agree and will go further by saying that he/she is not paying taxes now either, and is clueless on how much the great bill will ultimately cost LI'er's.

Old 11-10-2021, 06:58 AM

18 posts, read 8,491 times
[quote=rocafeller05;62285791]
Quote:

I heard billions were allotted from the bill in order to finance more propaganda in schools for "Critical Race Theory" and communism.

Do think we're doomed??

Old 11-10-2021, 07:05 AM

[quote=nuts2uiam;62287256]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post

Agree and will go further by saying that he/she is not paying taxes now either, and is clueless on how much the great bill will ultimately cost LI'er's.
Ehh gads, what IS in this bill?

Itemize the bill in detail for us, will you? Get really detailed too, that way other forummers can understand it and make sound arguments against the bill..

I await the findings of your research..

Old 11-10-2021, 07:12 AM

5,531 posts, read 7,121,948 times
[quote=TartBagelstein;62287516]
Quote:

Ehh gads, what IS in this bill?

Itemize the bill in detail for us, will you? Get really detailed too, that way other forummers can understand it and make sound arguments against the bill..

I await the findings of your research..
I would rather you articulate what is in the bill so we an understand your arguments for it.
Please be detailed!

Old 11-10-2021, 07:44 AM

[quote=NYTom;62287570]
Quote:

I would rather you articulate what is in the bill so we an understand your arguments for it.
Please be detailed!
Absolutely sweetheart...

Ok, here goes:

Funding for roads and bridges

The bill calls for investing $110 billion for roads, bridges and major infrastructure projects.
Included is $40 billion for bridge repair, replacement and rehabilitation, according to the bill text. This would be the largest dedicated bridge investment since the construction of the interstate highway system, which started in the 1950s.
Some 20%, or 173,000 miles, of the nation's highways and major roads are in poor condition, as are 45,000 bridges. - The bill targets these badly needed repairs and upgrades.
The investments would focus on climate change mitigation, resilience, equity and safety for all users, including cyclists and pedestrians.
Also in the package is $11 billion for transportation safety, including a program to help states and localities reduce crashes and fatalities, especially of cyclists and pedestrians, according to the White House. It would direct funding for safety efforts involving highways, trucks, and pipeline and hazardous materials.
And it contains $1 billion to reconnect communities -- mainly disproportionately Black neighborhoods -- that were divided by highways and other infrastructure, according to the White House. It will fund planning, design, demolition and reconstruction of street grids, parks or other infrastructure.
Money for transit and rail
The package would provide $39 billion to modernize public transit, according to the bill text. That's less than the $85 billion that Biden initially wanted to invest in modernizing transit systems and help them expand to meet rider demand.
The funds would repair and upgrade existing infrastructure, make stations accessible to all users, bring transit service to new communities and modernize rail and bus fleets, including replacing thousands of vehicles with zero-emission models, according to the White House.
The deal would also invest $66 billion in passenger and freight rail, according to the bill text. The funds would eliminate Amtrak's maintenance backlog, modernize the Northeast Corridor line and bring rail service to areas outside the Northeast and mid-Atlantic regions, according to the White House. Included in the package is $12 billion in partnership grants for intercity rail service, including high-speed rail.
The funding is less than the $80 billion Biden originally wanted to send to Amtrak, which he relied upon for decades to get home to Delaware from Washington, DC.
Still, it would be the largest federal investment in public transit in history and in passenger rail since the creation of Amtrak 50 years ago.

Broadband upgrade

The bill would provide a $65 billion investment in improving the nation's broadband infrastructure, according to the bill text. Biden initially wanted to invest $100 billion in broadband.

Upgrading airports, ports and waterways.

The deal would invest $17 billion in port infrastructure and $25 billion in airports to address repair and maintenance backlogs, reduce congestion and emissions near ports and airports and promote electrification and other low-carbon technologies.

Electric vehicles.

The bill would provide $7.5 billion for zero- and low-emission buses and ferries, aiming to deliver thousands of electric school buses to districts across the country, according to the White House.
Another $7.5 billion would go to building a nationwide network of plug-in electric vehicle chargers, according to the bill text.

Improving power and water systems.

The bill would invest $65 billion to rebuild the electric grid, according to the White House. It calls for building thousands of miles of new power lines and expanding renewable energy, the White House said.
It would provide $55 billion to upgrade water infrastructure, according to the bill text. It would replace lead service lines and pipes so that communities have access to clean drinking water, the White House said.
Another $50 billion would go toward making the system more resilient -- protecting it from drought, floods and cyberattacks.

Environmental remediation

The bill would provide $21 billion to clean up Superfund and brownfield sites, reclaim abandoned mine land and cap orphaned gas wells.

Old 11-10-2021, 07:46 AM

[quote=NYTom;62287570]
Quote:

Please be detailed!
Did you see my post? I made it concise and easily understandable so all who read it can comprehend.

Ok, your turn!

Post "your research."

Old 11-10-2021, 08:03 AM

6,385 posts, read 13,169,132 times
^ Nice copy and paste.

But you left a lot out. Try again!

Old 11-10-2021, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
^ Nice copy and paste.

But you left a lot out. Try again!
Show us all the "secret" left out stuff...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island