Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2022, 05:02 PM

9,424 posts, read 11,179,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
Wait, we stopped the Rona from spreading? I must have missed that news story.
That's right. It's gone. With all the vaxxed--actually it's NOT a vaccine, it's an experimental arm jab, REAL vaccines typically take about 11 years from concept to market, given all the safety protocols...uhh, oh, there are NO safety protocols? No worries!--and extra-boostered and extra-extra and kids down to six months getting this big money-maker/control mechanism, this woo han flu is GONE. GONE.

Why is this the only thing they can talk about for the first 10 minutes of any "news" report? Panic the peasants.

We will be seeing the "unanticipated" side-effects of this experimental drug for years or decades.

I remember Ferret-Face Fauci stating categorically that if you get the vax, you will not get this woo han and you can't spread it. Of course, he's said every possible thing you can say about this disease that he and his Chinese masters cooked up with our tax dollars, so just pick what you like and FFF can just about guarantee it.

This cooked up bio warfare has also succeeded in dividing us, divide and conquer. It's quite simple. And get filthy rich while attempting to dissolve America. A win-win, if you're on the side of evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2022, 05:47 PM

106,732 posts, read 108,937,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
Yes, all .1% of them, Wilford.
If it was your parents who didn’t have to die would you feel the same? That the numbers don’t matter.

Seventy-five percent of people who have died of the virus in the United States — or about 600,000 of the nearly 800,000 who have perished so far — have been 65 or older. One in 100 older Americans has died from the virus. For people younger than 65, that ratio is closer to 1 in 1,400.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/13/u...americans.html

Old 01-01-2022, 06:12 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,149,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
If it was your parents who didn’t have to die would you feel the same? That the numbers don’t matter.

Seventy-five percent of people who have died of the virus in the United States — or about 600,000 of the nearly 800,000 who have perished so far — have been 65 or older. One in 100 older Americans has died from the virus. For people younger than 65, that ratio is closer to 1 in 1,400.

Maybe I’m just callous but old people die. People with comorbidities die. If you are dependent on meds to stay alive you are on borrowed time. My mother and aunt spent their last days in one of the ground zero nursing homes pre-Covid, on a good day there were people there who were dying. My dad is 88 and healthy but I know everyday with him is a gift, but I’ve come to accept that my time with him is limited. I wish I could still have every friend who died young still with me, I wish my mom was still with me, but that’s not how things work.
People in risk groups should take the appropriate steps but that doesn’t mean they still won’t die, and life will go on.

Old 01-01-2022, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky25 View Post
How many cases are NOT reported since they have home testing now?
Good luck finding a home testing kit. Even before the rush they were hard to find.

Old 01-01-2022, 07:32 PM

5,058 posts, read 3,960,939 times
Quote:
Good luck finding a home testing kit. Even before the rush they were hard to find.
Millions are used each day…and NYT recognizes the resulting statistical chaos (while ignoring the complete evisceration of isolation/quarantine and contact tracing efforts):

By Sophie Kasakove
Dec. 30, 2021

Millions of rapid at-home Covid tests are flying off pharmacy shelves across the country, giving Americans an instant, if sometimes imperfect, read on whether they are infected with the coronavirus.

But the results are rarely reported to public health departments, exacerbating the longstanding challenges of maintaining an accurate count of cases at a time when the number of infections is surging because of the Omicron variant.

At the minimum, the widespread availability of at-home tests is wreaking havoc with the accuracy of official positivity rates and case counts.

There is no comprehensive data on how many rapid tests are used every day, but experts say it is most likely far higher than the number of polymerase chain reaction, or P.C.R., tests, which are completed in a lab and require more time to deliver results, which are reported publicly as aggregate totals.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/30/u...sts-cases.html

Last edited by Quick Commenter; 01-01-2022 at 07:47 PM..

Old 01-01-2022, 10:53 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,522,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post

Both my mother and my mother-in-law got it mid-2020. No big deal. My mother is overweight and pushing 80. My MIL is a severe asthma case and pushing 75. Maybe you just have bad genes, Wilford?

And I wouldn't shut down the world over ANY of them, none the less you. Never in history have we sacrificed the young for the old. For every scared old man there are ten kids with speech delays and autism and a host of other things that are being dealt irreparable damage. There are families and futures ruined due to business closures. We've sewn division that isn't easy to fix and may lead to a civil war.

Sorry, boomers, your time is over. If it's this plague then so be it. Your generation should have walked gracefully into that good night long ago.

Old 01-02-2022, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Both my mother and my mother-in-law got it mid-2020. No big deal. My mother is overweight and pushing 80. My MIL is a severe asthma case and pushing 75. Maybe you just have bad genes, Wilford?

And I wouldn't shut down the world over ANY of them, none the less you. Never in history have we sacrificed the young for the old. For every scared old man there are ten kids with speech delays and autism and a host of other things that are being dealt irreparable damage. There are families and futures ruined due to business closures. We've sewn division that isn't easy to fix and may lead to a civil war.

Sorry, boomers, your time is over. If it's this plague then so be it. Your generation should have walked gracefully into that good night long ago.
What a stupid comment

Telling seniors who may have two to 3 decades left they should have died is a pathetic comment .

Another one I will no longer converse with

Last edited by mathjak107; 01-02-2022 at 04:58 AM..

Old 01-02-2022, 06:01 AM

Quote:
That is both offensive and stupid. Do you really sit around letting those kind of thoughts stew in your brain or are you just trolling?

Old 01-02-2022, 07:57 AM

11,642 posts, read 12,717,447 times
Quote:
That is both offensive and stupid. Do you really sit around letting those kind of thoughts stew in your brain or are you just trolling?
He has mommy and daddy issues. He's full of anger towards them.

Old 01-02-2022, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
He has mommy and daddy issues. He's full of anger towards them.
You can see something is way off in their brain
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island