Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2022, 04:55 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,354,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
You obviously haven't read the whole thread, even though you posted all over the place right around the time I did saying exactly that the covid narrative is filled with misinformation, including from the holy father Fauci. You just cannot get past the team sports mentality. It seems impossible to some of you that someone thinks Trump was a dangerous clown, AND that covid hysteria is bad. I know it's hard, but try. The only reason I can see behind this narrow thought process is 1) you worship the despicable character that is Trump and feel your poor hero was "wronged" 2) you hate Democrats and the left so much that you simply don't care about the truth.

You claim you are not a Trump fan, but yet inevitably every criticism that is hurled at him you feel the need to reflexively defend.

Guys, he doesn't care about you and he never did. You are just one more instance of his ego being propped up, nothing more. Seeing grown men walking around waving his flag in my neighborhood is one of the most embarrassing things I've seen in my lifetime.

The hyperbole around the Afghanistan pull out IS partisan. It was similar to what happened to the marines in Beirut, but somehow on the right nobody every brings up how the great GOD Reagan got hundreds of marines killed, and then cut and run. Why is that? It's partisanship.
You are wrong. He may not care about me but he cares for this country in general. He saw that we were heading down the wrong path and had the means to make it better by giving up his great personal life to take on the swamp, which he did. And he did it for free by not accepting a salary. Show me another president who ever did that. Face it, he was the only president to love this country in many decades. And he made no apologies for us and there is no need to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2022, 06:25 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,141,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
You obviously haven't read the whole thread, even though you posted all over the place right around the time I did saying exactly that the covid narrative is filled with misinformation, including from the holy father Fauci. You just cannot get past the team sports mentality. It seems impossible to some of you that someone thinks Trump was a dangerous clown, AND that covid hysteria is bad. I know it's hard, but try. The only reason I can see behind this narrow thought process is 1) you worship the despicable character that is Trump and feel your poor hero was "wronged" 2) you hate Democrats and the left so much that you simply don't care about the truth.

You claim you are not a Trump fan, but yet inevitably every criticism that is hurled at him you feel the need to reflexively defend.

Guys, he doesn't care about you and he never did. You are just one more instance of his ego being propped up, nothing more. Seeing grown men walking around waving his flag in my neighborhood is one of the most embarrassing things I've seen in my lifetime.

The hyperbole around the Afghanistan pull out IS partisan. It was similar to what happened to the marines in Beirut, but somehow on the right nobody every brings up how the great GOD Reagan got hundreds of marines killed, and then cut and run. Why is that? It's partisanship.
Now that's some nice sweeping statements with no basis in reality.

I think you need to read a few posts earlier and stop making assumptions. Do I hate Democrats, no, as there are a lot that I wish they would run besides the usual purveyors of dead ideas. BTW, I feel this way about Republicans too. Do I hate the left, not hate but they are fairly stupid and can't think two hours into the future to see what their ideas would do.

I don't generally defend Trump the man, but I will point out how the media and tech created a boogie man in order to sell advertising. I will also defend his crazy ideas regarding the border and trying different approaches that worked. Where he actually screwed up I will not defend.

FWIW I never forgave Reagan for Beirut, and I liked him.

Old 02-03-2022, 06:29 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,141,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
He was much more tolerable with Colmes RIP. I might watch Tucker's monologue once in while to see want the current rant is. Same with CNN to see what the other side is ranting about. I do miss the CNN death count tho, wonder why they took it off
I loved Colmes' radio show on WNBC. I found I could even catch it when I moved to VA if I went to a certain Friendly's parking lot. I probably had a few too many Fribbles doing that.

Old 02-04-2022, 06:10 AM

57,230 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
You are wrong. He may not care about me but he cares for this country in general. He saw that we were heading down the wrong path and had the means to make it better by giving up his great personal life to take on the swamp, which he did. And he did it for free by not accepting a salary. Show me another president who ever did that. Face it, he was the only president to love this country in many decades. And he made no apologies for us and there is no need to.
He made millions from his properties over the term, he also commuted to Florida with his secret service entourage just about every weekend to play golf. Remember we had to keep a secret service detail in Manhattan because his son couldn't leave school. Giving up his salary pales in comparison to all the money wasted flying his offspring around the world.

Old 02-04-2022, 01:34 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,517,354 times
Anyhoo, back to vaccines. Covid deaths in Israel just hit an all-time daily high.

Remember: Israel was the first country to mass vaccinate with Pfizer’s mRNA vaccine.

It was the first country to use boosters.

The first to offer a fourth shot.

About 95 percent of adults over 50 are vaccinated. About 85 percent have received a booster.

This is the result.

How can anyone view this as evidence of anything except - at best - complete vaccine failure? And at worse evidence that the mRNA vaccines are interacting with Omicron in a way that is worsening outcomes. Spare me the talk of relative risk ratios. SPARE ME. The vast majority of the people dying in Israel are vaccinated.

Something is very wrong and the only rational solution at this point is to pull the vaccines and figure out what.

We are very, very fortunate that Omicron is less dangerous overall. The next variant may not be.

Old 02-04-2022, 01:37 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
Anyhoo, back to vaccines. Covid deaths in Israel just hit an all-time daily high.

Remember: Israel was the first country to mass vaccinate with Pfizer’s mRNA vaccine.

About 95 percent of adults over 50 are vaccinated. About 85 percent have received a booster.

This is the result.

How can anyone view this as evidence of anything except - at best - complete vaccine failure? And at worse evidence that the mRNA vaccines are interacting with Omicron in a way that is worsening outcomes. Spare me the talk of relative risk ratios. SPARE ME. The vast majority of the people dying in Israel are vaccinated.

Something is very wrong and the only rational solution at this point is to pull the vaccines and figure out what.

We are very, very fortunate that Omicron is less dangerous overall. The next variant may not be.
I'm actually happy I got omicron considering..maybe I had it worse than I would have not having the vaccine, but now actually having the naturally occurring virus maybe I have more long term immunity.

Old 02-04-2022, 03:11 PM

973 posts, read 1,409,076 times
Quote:

This is the result.

"an all-time DAILY high"???

I would not put much stock into a daily number. There are a ton of reasons why a particular day would have a high death count other than simply the vaccine isn't working. It's a very small sample size.

And again, deaths because of covid vs deaths with covid. Who knows what Israel is counting.

Old 02-05-2022, 09:20 AM

The 7-day average was only 20 deaths fewer than the daily high. Nice cope though.

https://twitter.com/drelidavid/statu...95949308727298

Old 02-06-2022, 07:26 AM

186 posts, read 67,464 times
Quote:
The 7-day average was only 20 deaths fewer than the daily high. Nice cope though.

https://twitter.com/drelidavid/statu...95949308727298
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/...ers-1.10586137

Old 02-06-2022, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cablegeek117 View Post
The only people over 60 who are not vaccinated in Israel are those too sick to tolerate the vaccine (which puts them, coincidentally, high on the list of people who are susceptible from dying from Covid). Perhaps some of the ultra-orthodox, as well - good luck getting them to go along with your communist schemes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island