Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2022, 08:50 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,025,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
You've likely never read the transcript of the phone call or listened to the recording. Trump thinks there was shenanigans to be uncovered, the Sec of State looked into it and didn't see it. No where does Trump say make voters magically appear. Does he make accusations? Yes Does he say fabricate votes? No.

You are clearly a victim of your own hypothesis... all the narratives you believe have taken others do not allow you to step back and look at things holistically... you're perfectly content poking holes in other's beliefs which gives you this sense of superiority because you have "factual" data to back you up... granted not as bad as many others who clearly subscribe to the anti-narrative narratives on this forum, but it's pretty weaksauce... you refuse to grasp that there is any middle ground.... you heard or read nothing wrong? Really.

We have all read the transcripts and listened... you choose "fabricate" when he said "find"... got yourself a technicality there, so it's all good... you have gotten your bias confirmation that the calls were "perfect"... you know because he said they were perfect... that's it in a nutshell... you were told it was perfect, so that's what you believe... you can't give an inch on this because it is all made up narratives by the MSM.

What happened leading up to Jan 6th was very much part of what happened on Jan 6th and after... yet I'm willing to bet you believe that the communications from the folks in trumps inner circle should remain hidden... should all those communications be made public so we know what the WH, advisers, the DOJ, Congress, etc were doing and talking about leading up to Jan 6th, on that day, and after?... should the truth come out?... because sedition is one of the most serious offenses I can think of and it looks like it was happening... let the mouthbreathers compare Jan 6th to vagrants destroying public property and stealing Gucci bags... but sedition isn't even in the same realm and I don't see how anyone who believes in our government allows there to be any question about a concerted effort to overturn an election AFTER all legal remedies failed... let me repeat that this is happening when ALL LEGAL REMEDIES FAILED... let the truth come out, release all the communications... argue against that the communications should come out please, so we can see if you're just like the suckers who worship the cult of personality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2022, 09:10 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,030,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
Biden can right now declare victory- pandemic is over, COVID has mutated into an endemic common cold. Continue to protect the vulnerable (elderly, obese, multiple comorbidities, immuncompromised,etc). But let everyone else including our school children , the least vulnerable but who have suffered the most from restrictions, live normally. Encourage but don't mandate vaccines and masks (n95 since anything else is useless). But no, liberal politicians continue to double down on stupidity and pseudoscience, which will be be their ultimate downfall. Even the moderate democrats are starting to wake up.
Basically he should take the Denmark approach.

Of course, you know what happens next? You think the Fox news crowd applauds him if he does this? ha ha ha ha ha, not on your life.

It will be like Afghanistan. He did exactly what Trump said he was going to do, but the issue was "how it was handled". It was going to be chaos when we left, period. Those weapons that were left for the Afghan army would have been left under Trump as well. Etc. But that's political partisanship.

Tucker Carlson and Jesse Waters would be on the air the next day saying what a disastrous decision this was and blah blah.

I think he would win over moderates like me with this move. But, his woke staff runs the show, not him, so I'm not holding my breath.

Old 02-03-2022, 09:15 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,538,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post

Of course, you know what happens next? You think the Fox news crowd applauds him if he does this? ha ha ha ha ha, not on your life.

It will be like Afghanistan. He did exactly what Trump said he was going to do, but the issue was "how it was handled". It was going to be chaos when we left, period. Those weapons that were left for the Afghan army would have been left under Trump as well. Etc. But that's political partisanship.

Tucker Carlson and Jesse Waters would be on the air the next day saying what a disastrous decision this was and blah blah.

I think he would win over moderates like me with this move. But, his woke staff runs the show, not him, so I'm not holding my breath.

Fox news crowd and woke liberals are the nutty extremes. Most americans are in the middle, and the current liberal governing politicians have totally alienated them with their COVID insanity. And why would Tucker Carlson (who has a very punchable face) care if Biden adopts the DeSantis strategy?

Old 02-03-2022, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Fox news crowd and woke liberals are the nutty extremes. Most americans are in the middle, and the current liberal governing politicians have totally alienated them with their COVID insanity. And why would Tucker Carlson (who has a very punchable face) care if Biden adopts the DeSantis strategy?
Because he is a partisan hack and would never admit it is the same strategy even if it were exactly the same. Similar to how Biden and Harris questioned the vaccines when they had positive outcome for Trump attached to them, a position now considered punishable by complete ostracization from society.

Old 02-03-2022, 11:38 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,143,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
You are clearly a victim of your own hypothesis... all the narratives you believe have taken others do not allow you to step back and look at things holistically... you're perfectly content poking holes in other's beliefs which gives you this sense of superiority because you have "factual" data to back you up... granted not as bad as many others who clearly subscribe to the anti-narrative narratives on this forum, but it's pretty weaksauce... you refuse to grasp that there is any middle ground.... you heard or read nothing wrong? Really.

We have all read the transcripts and listened... you choose "fabricate" when he said "find"... got yourself a technicality there, so it's all good... you have gotten your bias confirmation that the calls were "perfect"... you know because he said they were perfect... that's it in a nutshell... you were told it was perfect, so that's what you believe... you can't give an inch on this because it is all made up narratives by the MSM.

What happened leading up to Jan 6th was very much part of what happened on Jan 6th and after... yet I'm willing to bet you believe that the communications from the folks in trumps inner circle should remain hidden... should all those communications be made public so we know what the WH, advisers, the DOJ, Congress, etc were doing and talking about leading up to Jan 6th, on that day, and after?... should the truth come out?... because sedition is one of the most serious offenses I can think of and it looks like it was happening... let the mouthbreathers compare Jan 6th to vagrants destroying public property and stealing Gucci bags... but sedition isn't even in the same realm and I don't see how anyone who believes in our government allows there to be any question about a concerted effort to overturn an election AFTER all legal remedies failed... let me repeat that this is happening when ALL LEGAL REMEDIES FAILED... let the truth come out, release all the communications... argue against that the communications should come out please, so we can see if you're just like the suckers who worship the cult of personality.
Wow, you nailed me perfectly. Do you read minds too? The middle ground is not a bad place as long as it's actually the middle ground and not something to hide behind while being left or right.

January 6th, the insurrection without insurrectionists.

I'm all for releasing all the communications, including ones between the FBI, Capital Police, and Congress.
I think we'll all find something we don't like

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...tracker-526091

Old 02-03-2022, 11:43 AM

2,438 posts, read 1,215,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post

You can prove that?

Old 02-03-2022, 11:49 AM

5,046 posts, read 3,952,704 times
Quote:
Biden can right now declare victory- pandemic is over, COVID has mutated into an endemic common cold. Continue to protect the vulnerable (elderly, obese, multiple comorbidities, immuncompromised,etc). But let everyone else including our school children , the least vulnerable but who have suffered the most from restrictions, live normally. Encourage but don't mandate vaccines and masks (n95 since anything else is useless). But no, liberal politicians continue to double down on stupidity and pseudoscience, which will be be their ultimate downfall. Even the moderate democrats are starting to wake up.
National Review analyzes why Biden couldn’t even take baby steps against Covid - alarmism a year ago:

If the administration wants to make a statement, it could decisively turn against the teachers’ unions on the issue of keeping schools open, siding with parents and kids over a Democratic interest group. It could relax its indefensibly sweeping guidance on school masking and instantly pave the way for local school districts to lift their mandates. It could end the federal mask mandates on travel.

But any of these measures would mean crossing progressives, enduring the scolding of one-dimensional public-health experts, and courting comparisons to Donald Trump, or even worse, Glenn Youngkin and Ron DeSantis.

And so President Biden, as conditions change, can’t change with them, putting normality on indefinite hold.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/...utm_term=third

Old 02-03-2022, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
You can prove that?
You think that Trump was going to take all of the weapons away from the Afghan army before leaving? That was his genius plan that he failed to execute his 4 years in office?

Try to use some common sense while you aren't ingesting right wing talking points, especially those fed by a liar like Trump.....like the false $85B number, the helicopter hanging the afghan solider, etc. All simply propaganda talking points, that when disproven, no retraction is ever given, no self reflection ever given about so quickly spreading lies, just move on to the next one without ever acknowledging what just happened. That's what happens when politics are entertainment and little people somehow feel like they are on a "team" playing the same game their heroes like Hannity and such play.

Old 02-03-2022, 01:07 PM

2,438 posts, read 1,215,423 times
So no proof eh?

You ever think people like myself who never voted for Trump, get tired of being called a Trump Tard, because we can sit back and say. You know Trump is s D***, but some of his polices made sense. I liked a secure border, I like that he tried to clean up the VA, I like energy independence, and the Media does make a bunch of Sh** up... oh and he doesn't have dementia

So Biden ripped up every Trump policy, on day one with EO's, but kept Trumps Afghan plan. OK yeah sure.

Old 02-03-2022, 01:42 PM

5,046 posts, read 3,952,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
So no proof eh?

You ever think people like myself who never voted for Trump, get tired of being called a Trump Tard, because we can sit back and say. You know Trump is s D***, but some of his polices made sense. I liked a secure border, I like that he tried to clean up the VA, I like energy independence, and the Media does make a bunch of Sh** up... oh and he doesn't have dementia

So Biden ripped up every Trump policy, on day one with EO's, but kept Trumps Afghan plan. OK yeah sure.
When Biden and his media allies tried to peddle the tale that Biden’s Afghanistan catastrophe was Trump’s fault, I don’t think they even believed they could trick anyone.

(Everyone knew Biden changed or ripped up all the Trump plans and agreements and thus Biden has ownership of Biden’s actions as president.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island