Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2022, 08:02 AM

2,438 posts, read 1,215,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Back to the thread topic, it appears Big Pharma will be out with an Omicron-specific vax in a few months.

At that point even the most ardent vaxxers will most likely throw in the towel regarding vax mandates and a 4th (double shot plus booster plus a new Omicron shot) shot. The word is out regarding these vaxxes and infection/spread so the faux Covid vax argument (save grandpa even if you’re not at risk) is firmly in the dustbin. Plus, of course, Omicron natural immunity will be obvious (to some) and Omicron may no longer be the dominant variant in any case.
I don't know dude, I hope you are right. But a lot of these people have become Winston Smith. They finally realized they love Big Pharma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2022, 08:41 AM

973 posts, read 1,410,132 times
I discussed this with friends and family as early as May, 2020 (and maybe even earlier). The pandemic will fade out (as opposed to abruptly end), a vaccine will be developed, and we will settle in, eventually, with an annual covid vaccine, tweaked each year to what is out there, just like the flu vaccine is. This is what will/should happen.

I will continue to take the covid vaccines for the same reason I take the flu vaccine every year - to protect myself. I never viewed the flu vaccine as "protecting grandpa" and I see no reason to view the covid vaccine differently.

From minute one with the covid vaccine, I never thought it would "stop the spread". If anything, it actually aids the spread --when vaccinated, you are very likely to be asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic when getting the virus. You will live your life and pass along the virus. if unvaccinated, you are are more likely to be sick enough that you stay in bed and isolate (really, not much different than with the flu prior to 2020), and thus less likely to spread the virus.

People have to realize that human evolution has allowed us to live with these upper respiratory viruses. It's actually to our benefit to let them spread. The more spread, the more immunity. Let science do its thing. We have been living with many different viruses and strains for centuries. You are born with a fabulous immune system which protects the important systems of the body. When young, you encounter virus after virus, strain after strain - hence the perpetual runny nose and mild cold symptoms that many kids have. Over time, you gain more and more immunity as less and less viruses and strains remain "novel" to you. All of this mask wearing and 6 feet distancing is unnecessary and possibly counter productive.

When a novel virus comes around, the answer is to protect the vulnerable, take some modest and reasonable counter measures (not lockdowns, school closures, cancelling of youth sports, etc), develop a vaccine and treatment asap, and otherwise carry on.

All this being said, the flu vaccine, and the covid vaccine, help our immune system avoid episodes of bad illness, and are worth taking when balancing the risks and rewards (defiantly so with the flu vaccine - probably so with covid vaccine, where time will tell). There should never be mandates, however, for any of this, since, as noted above, they don't stop the spread in any event.

People should ask the question - why did we never mandate the flu vaccine? For those same reasons, we should not mandate the covid vaccine. Indeed, the argument in favor of a mandate is much stronger with the flu vaccine because it has been around much longer and has a much greater track record of being harmless.

Old 01-29-2022, 04:50 PM

24,099 posts, read 32,448,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
I'm going to assume that you don't know what I do and for whom.
And no, I am not a doctor or any kind of medical professional.
I knew that you are not a doctor or any kind of medical professional. There was nothing confusing about your presentation.

Old 01-30-2022, 02:46 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,143,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I knew that you are not a doctor or any kind of medical professional. There was nothing confusing about your presentation.
Good, sometimes I'm not sure people can tell with how many "experts" they're presented with by the media.

Old 01-30-2022, 02:53 PM

6,384 posts, read 13,155,036 times
Get your jabs!!

New stealth variant is here!

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/30/h...n-variant.html

Old 01-30-2022, 06:22 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,518,407 times
Yes, run out to get jabs that were designed for the original Wuhan virus which no longer exists (and might hurt you, if you're unlucky).

Old 01-30-2022, 08:08 PM

5,046 posts, read 3,952,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
Yes, run out to get jabs that were designed for the original Wuhan virus which no longer exists (and might hurt you, if you're unlucky).
Details. Details.

Old 01-30-2022, 08:34 PM

874 posts, read 728,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
Get your jabs!!

New stealth variant is here!

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/30/h...n-variant.html
Let me guess it's more contagious and deadlier then the one before it

Old 01-30-2022, 10:06 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,355,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Nurse or doctor? Are you going to give up your job and move to another state to avoid the booster.

Since you work in healthcare why are you refusing, do you feel the booster is dangerous, your claim that masks don't work, that is in opposition to guidance from experts. Do the other doctors and nurses where you work share the same opinion.
The booster and the vaccine are potentially dangerous. No one knows what side effects can pop up in 10 years. Masks do not work. They do nothing. Every frogging molecule is coming through the masks. N95s work. Nothing less than that. The Experts? You mean all of the physicians who are all on the side of big Pharma? Sure, they have no bias, huh? Who’s your expert? Fauci? The moron who changes his mind like the weather? The guy who was involved in funding this virus in he Wuhan lab? I am not that ignorant to trust him. I know of at least 5 doctors who say they are refusing this nwxt mandated booster. They said they know everyone is replaceable but we will see how things go when they lose 5 in one week, yes, nearly everyone shares my opinion and many are very bitter they were forced to get this ineffective, useless vaccine.

Old 01-31-2022, 06:50 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,538,461 times
Vaccines and boosters have proven useless against spreading COVID since they do not produce good mucosal antibody response. So although you will have protective antibodies in your blood, your respiratory mucosa has no signfiicant neutralizing antibodies so you can still spread covid. So I still advocate vaccines for adults and higher risk people so you don't get as sick. But low risk children should not be getting experimental mRNA therapies. And all along I have said paper/cloth masks are moron theater. Wear an N95 if you want some protection, anything is else is non-science foolishness. A highly contagious but weak Omnicron is the best thing to get natural immunity which is superior to any vaccine to date. And my wife is pissed that I got my Hochul forced booster- but I want to get paid.

Last edited by 85dumbo; 01-31-2022 at 07:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island