Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2022, 04:28 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,406,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Bunch of suckers out there.
Kind of harsh. We are being told by scientists, and medical professionals. While I agree with you the vx doesn't seem to work, calling people suckers is rude. Who are we to believe? Also, I am REQUIRED to be vaccinated for my job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2022, 08:53 AM

57,242 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cablegeek117 View Post
Look - even more evidence the vaccine boosters work, even against omicron:

https://www.foxnews.com/health/cdc-s...gainst-omicron

https://www.axios.com/cdc-pfizer-and...1519885c9.html
Partcularly effective at preventing hospitalizations even for Omicron.

Quote:
In December, compared to fully vaccinated persons in each group shown below, the monthly rates of COVID-19-associated hospitalizations were:
16X Higher in Unvaccinated Adults Ages 18 Years and Older
9x Higher
in Unvaccinated Adolescents
​Ages 12–17 Years

12x Higher
in Unvaccinated Adults​
Ages 18–49 years

17x Higher
in Unvaccinated Adults​
Ages 50-64 years

17x Higher
in Unvaccinated Adults​
Ages 65 Years and Older
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...e-methods.html

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...ns-vaccination

Old 01-24-2022, 09:50 AM

3,288 posts, read 2,355,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Kind of harsh. We are being told by scientists, and medical professionals. While I agree with you the vx doesn't seem to work, calling people suckers is rude. Who are we to believe? Also, I am REQUIRED to be vaccinated for my job.
I am in healthcare am required to be vaccinated too. And thanks to this crappy state I live in, there is a new mandate for me to get a booster. This may be the one I refuse. I am lining up other jobs now. It will never end. Never. Remember Joey saying that he can never mandate vaccines. Well, what happened to that? It isn't legal.

I apologize if anyone took it as a rude comment. I am just saying that the scientists, at least the ones representing the government have an agenda. No, not some big plan to inject micro chips in us. But whatever they are doing is not working. It is plain and simple. Just let the people do what they want. If getting vaccinated makes you feel safer, then do it. But if I don't care and want to risk it, I should be able to. Me not getting it does nothing for anyone else. I can still carry and transmit it to everyone whether I am vaxxed or not. It is all a big scam. Everyone who wears those useless masks in the stores are all breathing in all of the breathes exhaled by everyone in the store. Molecules get out. When I said suckers, maybe I should have said sheep. Is that any better though.

Old 01-24-2022, 11:17 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,030,950 times
Quote:
I am in healthcare am required to be vaccinated too. And thanks to this crappy state I live in, there is a new mandate for me to get a booster. This may be the one I refuse. I am lining up other jobs now. It will never end. Never. Remember Joey saying that he can never mandate vaccines. Well, what happened to that? It isn't legal.

I apologize if anyone took it as a rude comment. I am just saying that the scientists, at least the ones representing the government have an agenda. No, not some big plan to inject micro chips in us. But whatever they are doing is not working. It is plain and simple. Just let the people do what they want. If getting vaccinated makes you feel safer, then do it. But if I don't care and want to risk it, I should be able to. Me not getting it does nothing for anyone else. I can still carry and transmit it to everyone whether I am vaxxed or not. It is all a big scam. Everyone who wears those useless masks in the stores are all breathing in all of the breathes exhaled by everyone in the store. Molecules get out. When I said suckers, maybe I should have said sheep. Is that any better though.
I feel like they believe they have to double down on vaccines to prove themselves right and maintain their credibility.

I can't stand to see another PSA about vaccines. People have had the opportunity to get them. The only government sanctioned/justification aspect of this should have been related to 1) overwhelming of hospitals, which isn't happening cases are plummeting in NY 2) unvaccinated spreading the infection while vaccinated do not, also proved to be untrue.

Mandating vaccines for health care workers and college students are examples of authorities wishing to maintain control through dumb policies.

Old 01-24-2022, 11:40 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,025,618 times
Quote:
.. When I said suckers, maybe I should have said sheep. ...
It's the same term and it's clear that you feel superior to others, which is typical of those who we see calling out "sheep" or "suckers" consistently... "they are just blindly following" is what you are saying and, of course, you know better... or more specifically, you believe you know better.

You have the inability to see that many people have done their own due diligence and come to a conclusion that differs from yours... that is not possible to you unless they are blindly following... you can't see it because you have become a sheep to your own conclusions... which creates this circular feedback loop... you seek out news and info that confirms your conclusions while others do the same.

Those who are honoring a vaxx mandate by getting vaxxed are no different from those who honor any of a number of other mandates by employers or government... you can find plenty of information on how any vaccine harms kids, yet we get countless vaccines to attend public schools... I have to do any of a number of things to keep my job as mandated by my employer... all of these things enrich companies and big lobbying groups... all should be "sheep" by your definition, but nope... it's just left wing politics and COVID that has created sheep... if you're not liberal and you're anti-vaxx you're a free thinker... forget all that other mandate stuff which is OK... amirite

Old 01-24-2022, 12:43 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,518,407 times
Anyone who fell for this colossal scam and STILL holds onto its nonsense precepts deserves nothing but derision and scorn. You were duped. Own it.

Old 01-24-2022, 02:37 PM

909 posts, read 1,836,809 times
Everyone I know is sick of hearing about Covid on the news or radio and especially online. You guys have figured out a way to complain for 2 years straight about it. You guys have driven away every quality poster and killed the content on this forum. What a shame.

Old 01-24-2022, 05:35 PM

57,242 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Quote:

Nurse or doctor? Are you going to give up your job and move to another state to avoid the booster.

Since you work in healthcare why are you refusing, do you feel the booster is dangerous, your claim that masks don't work, that is in opposition to guidance from experts. Do the other doctors and nurses where you work share the same opinion.

Old 01-25-2022, 09:03 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,518,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galicia#1 View Post
Everyone I know is sick of hearing about Covid on the news or radio and especially online. You guys have figured out a way to complain for 2 years straight about it. You guys have driven away every quality poster and killed the content on this forum. What a shame.
Oh, you're sick of hearing about it? I'm sick of living under medical fascism. I will continue to complain up to and including the day when all of this garbage finally goes away, and when that's done, I'll continue to heap scorn on those who enabled it but haven't admitted their wrongdoing. They don't get to just brush 2+ years of misery, inflicted on some of the most vulnerable people, under the bed. If that takes away from the usual kvetching about leaf blowers, teacher salaries, and NIMBYs, then so be it.

Old 01-25-2022, 09:39 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,025,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galicia#1 View Post
It's true... devolved into a sewer of political whining and screeching, which perfectly captures the LI mentality... complain, complain, complain... they look sad and weak because they just take it and continue to take it... and complain about it.

There are plenty of places to live to escape all the things complained about here, but why do that when you can whine on an anonymous forum about things that will never change... frankly, anyone who continues the whining and stays falls clearly into the definition of insanity.

For a long time now many of us just read here to see the mouthbreathers entertain... dance monkey dance! lmao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island