Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2022, 06:16 PM

57,242 posts, read 26,182,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpearl View Post
Do you even realize the COVID jab isn't a vaccine?

You seriously don't know the difference between this EAU experimental gene therapy and a measles vaccine?

Are you aware the only FDC approved version of the COVID jab isn't even available within the US?
I'm not going to argue semantics, it is very effective at keeping people out of hospitals world wide. But if you have an issue with the vaccine then go with plan B which is.....?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2022, 06:22 PM

57,242 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I think it's been stated probably 1000 times the difference between experimental MRNA vaccines that don't provide immunity or stop the spread of disease, a disease that poses virtually no serious risk to children, vs vaccines with long histories that have proven to stop disease spread....

...so that is 1000+1, but something tells me in a week or 2, you'll make the same argument, playing stupid that you didn't already know the answer.
Although much lower risk there are children infected, some end up hospitalized, make your argument for the downside based on facts.

The odds of school children for measles, polio, chicken pox, hepatitis, diphtheria are also low, should we roll the dice.

Old 02-01-2022, 07:37 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,030,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
This highlights so much of what is wrong... believing this is all political and perpetuating that thought... who is brainwashed? That's what you need to ask yourself...

"Media paints it as white trump loving nut job nurses that refuse vaccine"... what media? you mean the social media you're reading... because nobody believes those who refuse the vaccine are "trump loving"... he himself goes on TV and hypes the vaxx, is boosted, etc... you've invented this political divide and confirmed your bias with the media you're choosing... and then pushing the blame on others... BTW, nobody has implemented a vaxx mandate for kids, it won't happen... this is hysteria you've been led to believe.

"The midterm elections have to send a clear message to them and those enabling them"... oh really... because things are magically going to change for the better when we flip the broken 2 party system we have... newsflash - it doesn't matter in the big picture... sure, you can fall for the wedge and be a single issue voter... one party got us into this mess, then the other party made it worse... newsflash 2 - they are funded by the same big lobby groups... the ones you believe are "leftist"... they own BOTH parties... but you can't see that apparently... really need to think through who has the collective mental illness?
You are deluding yourself if you don't believe that the big 3 news networks and CNN, MSNBC, NPR aren't painting people who question covid vaccines as hicks red necks and Trump fanatics. You are also deluding yourself if you think that people on the left don't also believe this is the case. I have a facebook feed filled with them....NYC hipsters, adjunct college professors, etc. They completely discount how a much higher percentage of "POC"' have refused the vaccines. The same way they ignored that most of the violence being perpetrated against Asian's in the city was by "POC". There is an acceptable narrative in these circles that I have travelled in for many years. Perhaps you don't, and that's why you think these things are all "nobodies".

Colleges have ALREADY mandated vaccines for young men, including boosters, who are the least at risk from covid and the most at risk from the vaccines. This is a one size fits all, do as I say or else and "if you question you want other people to die" that is mainly driven by the will of exactly the type of people I mentioned.

I am a life long Democrat who supported Sanders..I believe in things like medicare for all and that the tax system is wildly in favor of those who make money from having money and not work. .I still hold on to these beliefs. I was vehemently opposed to Trump and am sickened by the cult of personality that continues around a low life narcissist con man such as him...to this day, including from many fools on this forum.

But I've come to realize that the collective psychosis on the left is equally dangerous. I started to realize this in the hysteria that followed George Floyd, and I see it even more amplified in covid orthodoxy. I pushed back against Trumpism, now I will push back against "woke" people. They cannot be reasoned with so they need to be put in check. By and large they are all fanatic Fauci-ites. They trumpet how they follow "the science" like it's some kind of religious canon..they think Fauci is a hero when he clearly wanted to cover up any chance that the virus came from a lab leak. That alone should disqualify him from his position. Yet even with CLEAR evidence of this, people on the left still think it's Trump fans wanting to get rid of him because he didn't follow the leader. How f'ing blind and stupid do you have to be to actually believe that?

Old 02-01-2022, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Although much lower risk there are children infected, some end up hospitalized, make your argument for the downside based on facts.

The odds of school children for measles, polio, chicken pox, hepatitis, diphtheria are also low, should we roll the dice.
I never thought kids should take a chicken pox vaccine. Now because no one gets the actual virus, you have to get one, so yes it's necessary because it can cause serious complications later in life. So that's one of your many weak flawed or false comparisons that gets cast into a pile of similar ones that keeps growing with every exchange we have.

The vaccine doesn't stop the spread even with the high levels of administration we have in this area. Fauci said we needed something like 60% to stop the spread. We have that in NY, it didn't stop an explosion of omicron. He was wrong.

We do not mandate flu vaccines and far more children end up hospitalized or dead from the flu.

The bottom line is that people should not have to force an experimental vaccine on their kids because YOU are scared and want to hold out hope that you were right following in lock step with "science" aka quasi religion du jour, clinging to the last bit of power you feel over others in society. Other peoples kids are not a means for you to feel fulfillment and affirmation through collective social pressure from a minority of people you agree with. Get over yourself and mitigate your own risks if you are so scared.

I had covid and both my kids had it. It was a cold for us. For 99% of people this is the case. The collective tide is turning against those who want to live behind computer screens and masks getting boosted every 3 months, and telling everyone else they have to do the same. If I have to vote GOP in every election to crush your mindset, that appears to be my only way forward. Hochul lost me permanently when she continued to push the mask mandate. She put her own political power first and made kids collectively miserable while doing it. Her time will be fleeting. She continued to cater to the madness of her parties "base".

Old 02-01-2022, 08:13 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,025,618 times
Quote:
You are deluding yourself if you don't believe that the big 3 news networks and CNN, MSNBC, NPR aren't painting people who question covid vaccines as hicks red necks and Trump fanatics. You are also deluding yourself if you think that people on the left don't also believe this is the case. I have a facebook feed filled with them....NYC hipsters, adjunct college professors, etc. They completely discount how a much higher percentage of "POC"' have refused the vaccines. The same way they ignored that most of the violence being perpetrated against Asian's in the city was by "POC". There is an acceptable narrative in these circles that I have travelled in for many years. Perhaps you don't, and that's why you think these things are all "nobodies".
I think you're mixing the mediums... the amount of people who get their "news" from watching cable news versus reading facebook/twitter/etc is off the charts... the vast majority of people who are blaming MSM are being fed that entire narrative via social media... and you're fed by an algorithm designed to just keep you on social media... preying on your emotions... it taps things that watching CNN 24x7 wouldn't even touch... why do you think that trump wants his own social media platform running... your feed says alot about the reality of life... I feel fortunate that I get both ends, but let's be honest - if you're friends with a college professor is it any shock that they will be liberal... btw, I agree on the violence against Asians and who the real culprit is - we just aren't in the place where we can call out a group that has dealt with systemic racism for being racist... and they completely are... I get many opportunities to speak with folks internationally... racism in other countries is insane and our want for exceptionalism blinds us to perspective.

Quote:
Colleges have ALREADY mandated vaccines for young men, including boosters, who are the least at risk from covid and the most at risk from the vaccines. This is a one size fits all, do as I say or else and "if you question you want other people to die" that is mainly driven by the will of exactly the type of people I mentioned.
Agreed... and that is a decision that families need to make... college is already beyond stupid cost wise and we should be looking for alternatives / fix it... I hope many families skip the year to avoid the vaxx, but even at that I was talking about kids because dumbo was talking about kids... a 17/18 year old is very different and these young men / women can decide for themselves... 12 year olds? take a hike... that's not happening and I believe the middle has realized this and we won't see any mandates for kids... will we hear more screeching about it? probably, but it will be noise.

Quote:
I am a life long Democrat who supported Sanders..I believe in things like medicare for all and that the tax system is wildly in favor of those who make money from having money and not work. .I still hold on to these beliefs. I was vehemently opposed to Trump and am sickened by the cult of personality that continues around a low life narcissist con man such as him...to this day, including from many fools on this forum.
We need better candidates... plain and simple... I really wish we could get there... but I believe social media is just fueling the fire.

Quote:
But I've come to realize that the collective psychosis on the left is equally dangerous. I started to realize this in the hysteria that followed George Floyd, and I see it even more amplified in covid orthodoxy. I pushed back against Trumpism, now I will push back against "woke" people. They cannot be reasoned with so they need to be put in check. By and large they are all fanatic Fauci-ites. They trumpet how they follow "the science" like it's some kind of religious canon..they think Fauci is a hero when he clearly wanted to cover up any chance that the virus came from a lab leak. That alone should disqualify him from his position. Yet even with CLEAR evidence of this, people on the left still think it's Trump fans wanting to get rid of him because he didn't follow the leader. How f'ing blind and stupid do you have to be to actually believe that?
Fauci should go to jail... everything you say here is true... and it has a better chance to happen than Kilary... which is hopefully slightly above 0... it's becoming more and more known what he did.

I don't think there's any doubt that there's extremism on the left, but it exists on the right, too... I remember this becoming a problem around the time of the Tea Party... this decision to stop compromising, no more working together, shutting down the government... we have not seen any bi-partisan support for America in the time since... if you're not ultra conservative, you love Fauci... it's ridiculous... the Congress is completely broken, yet we worry about who is POTUS... like seriously wtf - it's dumb... and btw screw the woke... Darwinism should handle them fine and sense will return... but not before every social media feed is filled with every example of what some whacko said or did in real time - with an "alert"... p.s. "it's the MSM"... we used to tune out the woke and we need to get back to that... ignore them like you do the guy talking to himself in the booth at the diner.

Old 02-02-2022, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
I think you're mixing the mediums... the amount of people who get their "news" from watching cable news versus reading facebook/twitter/etc is off the charts... the vast majority of people who are blaming MSM are being fed that entire narrative via social media... and you're fed by an algorithm designed to just keep you on social media... preying on your emotions... it taps things that watching CNN 24x7 wouldn't even touch... why do you think that trump wants his own social media platform running... your feed says alot about the reality of life... I feel fortunate that I get both ends, but let's be honest - if you're friends with a college professor is it any shock that they will be liberal... btw, I agree on the violence against Asians and who the real culprit is - we just aren't in the place where we can call out a group that has dealt with systemic racism for being racist... and they completely are... I get many opportunities to speak with folks internationally... racism in other countries is insane and our want for exceptionalism blinds us to perspective.

Agreed... and that is a decision that families need to make... college is already beyond stupid cost wise and we should be looking for alternatives / fix it... I hope many families skip the year to avoid the vaxx, but even at that I was talking about kids because dumbo was talking about kids... a 17/18 year old is very different and these young men / women can decide for themselves... 12 year olds? take a hike... that's not happening and I believe the middle has realized this and we won't see any mandates for kids... will we hear more screeching about it? probably, but it will be noise.

We need better candidates... plain and simple... I really wish we could get there... but I believe social media is just fueling the fire.

Fauci should go to jail... everything you say here is true... and it has a better chance to happen than Kilary... which is hopefully slightly above 0... it's becoming more and more known what he did.

I don't think there's any doubt that there's extremism on the left, but it exists on the right, too... I remember this becoming a problem around the time of the Tea Party... this decision to stop compromising, no more working together, shutting down the government... we have not seen any bi-partisan support for America in the time since... if you're not ultra conservative, you love Fauci... it's ridiculous... the Congress is completely broken, yet we worry about who is POTUS... like seriously wtf - it's dumb... and btw screw the woke... Darwinism should handle them fine and sense will return... but not before every social media feed is filled with every example of what some whacko said or did in real time - with an "alert"... p.s. "it's the MSM"... we used to tune out the woke and we need to get back to that... ignore them like you do the guy talking to himself in the booth at the diner.
I'm talking about facebook friends of mine who simply post how bad people who don't vaccinate their kids. Who put up long "covid vaccines for kids" defense lists. Others who do have kids who put their kids after having been vaccinated like it is some trophy they should receive. This isn't from some "algorithm" feeding me news stories, these are actual people I know. And when you wonder why you can't turn on a TV station without a constant bombardment of "vaccinate kids against covid, vaccinate kids against covid" public service messages, it's because these people I refer to are telling the government that it is doing the right thing, when most people find it questionable if not repugnant and manipulative.

Old 02-02-2022, 06:42 AM
exm

3,720 posts, read 1,779,146 times
Quote:

You and I are far apart politically, but I respect that you're not blindly following the progressive crowd.

Let me quickly reply to Trumpism/cult of personality statement: to me, that's another left-wing making. There's a lot of normal people around you who supported and still support Trump. They're not part of a cult, they don't necessarily like Trump but they do like his policies. Let me give you another example: January 6th. Law enforcement said the crowd size ahead of the protest was possibly as much as 80,000 people. An estimated 2,000-2,500 was involved in storming the Capitol. That's around 3%. So why would those 3% define the 97%? Now, I can speak for myself that I think that the people storming the Capitol were pathetic. But an insurrection? Not a single one was charged with carrying a weapon inside the Capitol. So a lot of folks like my feel that these people need to be charged, but I think a lot of us also feel that people are mostly getting away with crimes during the 2020 Summer while some of these folks get lengthy prison sentences. And then I'm not even talking about Pelosi's commission. There's a lot to blame in Trump world for the events on January 6th, but no one is looking into Pelosi's role and the lack of security?

Anyway, my point is this: you probably disagree with most what I stated above. That's fine. I respect that you have your own opinions, and I'm hopeful that you don't think all Trump supporters are bad or part of a cult. Have a nice day.

Old 02-02-2022, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
You and I are far apart politically, but I respect that you're not blindly following the progressive crowd.

Let me quickly reply to Trumpism/cult of personality statement: to me, that's another left-wing making. There's a lot of normal people around you who supported and still support Trump. They're not part of a cult, they don't necessarily like Trump but they do like his policies. Let me give you another example: January 6th. Law enforcement said the crowd size ahead of the protest was possibly as much as 80,000 people. An estimated 2,000-2,500 was involved in storming the Capitol. That's around 3%. So why would those 3% define the 97%? Now, I can speak for myself that I think that the people storming the Capitol were pathetic. But an insurrection? Not a single one was charged with carrying a weapon inside the Capitol. So a lot of folks like my feel that these people need to be charged, but I think a lot of us also feel that people are mostly getting away with crimes during the 2020 Summer while some of these folks get lengthy prison sentences. And then I'm not even talking about Pelosi's commission. There's a lot to blame in Trump world for the events on January 6th, but no one is looking into Pelosi's role and the lack of security?

Anyway, my point is this: you probably disagree with most what I stated above. That's fine. I respect that you have your own opinions, and I'm hopeful that you don't think all Trump supporters are bad or part of a cult. Have a nice day.
The intention of the people storming the capitol was to stop the election. It was an insurrection...a failed one by a band made up mostly of clowns, but the intention was there. Trump did nothing to stop it when his biggest fans in the media begged him too. They knew how bad it was..Hannity, Ingraham, etc. That is enough reason that sensible people should stop supporting him, as he proved what a malignant narcissist he truly is in that moment, if you thought it was just psycho-babble from the left before. I never thought he was nearly as bad on policy as the raving left wanted anyone to believe. But on personality flaws, he was. He reveled in these clownish people making a mockery of our country to satisfy his ego. I can only imagine Ivanka BEGGING him to do something behind closed doors. She is at least rational.

If after that, someone STILL supports him and thinks he should run again, they are bordering on being cult members, or just "fans" of a reality TV joke and like the entertainment.

None of that means that the average Trump voter fits into any of these categories. Most don't. But if you really want to move past Biden, which is where I want to go, Trump is not the answer. I would vote for DeSantis over Biden in 2 seconds at this point. Ted Cruz in some ways is worse than Trump because he is smarter and a hard core ideologue. Bottom line is if any Republican who isn't Trump and isn't a whack job like Cruz gets the nomination, unless somehow miraculously the economy turns around in 2 years, the GOP will crush in the election and that's the direction I'll be voting.

The BLM riots were a disgrace and Democrat politicians pandering to the people who supported them is one of the reasons I'm flipping as well. The final straw for me was Psaki's comments on the Ma'Khia Bryant shooting. "Police violence and systemic racism"? Uh, no. I'm done with you people.

Old 02-02-2022, 07:20 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,025,618 times
Quote:
I'm talking about facebook friends of mine who simply post how bad people who don't vaccinate their kids. Who put up long "covid vaccines for kids" defense lists. Others who do have kids who put their kids after having been vaccinated like it is some trophy they should receive. This isn't from some "algorithm" feeding me news stories, these are actual people I know. And when you wonder why you can't turn on a TV station without a constant bombardment of "vaccinate kids against covid, vaccinate kids against covid" public service messages, it's because these people I refer to are telling the government that it is doing the right thing, when most people find it questionable if not repugnant and manipulative.
I understand that they are people you know, I see the same thing... but it is a very small percentage in the big picture... we can't fix stupid, but we have to live with it... I know plenty of people who shouldn't be allowed to be parents before covid, so I don't feel like we should be shocked that there are stupid parents when it comes to decision making with covid... I won't vaxx kids, ain't happening... but that doesn't mean I have to be hysterical about the fear that "the left" is coming with experimental shots for my kids... it's a vote play... like when Obama was coming for our guns... it's simply creating hysteria so people vote a certain way... sad on so many levels.

There won't be mandates for kids... but the narrative that is coming will be perpetuated by the right to ensure that votes go right.

Old 02-02-2022, 07:23 AM

5,046 posts, read 3,952,704 times
Quote:
The intention of the people storming the capitol was to stop the election. It was an insurrection...a failed one by a band made up mostly of clowns, but the intention was there. Trump did nothing to stop it when his biggest fans in the media begged him too. They knew how bad it was..Hannity, Ingraham, etc. That is enough reason that sensible people should stop supporting him, as he proved what a malignant narcissist he truly is in that moment, if you thought it was just psycho-babble from the left before. I never thought he was nearly as bad on policy as the raving left wanted anyone to believe. But on personality flaws, he was. He reveled in these clownish people making a mockery of our country to satisfy his ego. I can only imagine Ivanka BEGGING him to do something behind closed doors. She is at least rational.

If after that, someone STILL supports him and thinks he should run again, they are bordering on being cult members, or just "fans" of a reality TV joke and like the entertainment.

None of that means that the average Trump voter fits into any of these categories. Most don't. But if you really want to move past Biden, which is where I want to go, Trump is not the answer. I would vote for DeSantis over Biden in 2 seconds at this point. Ted Cruz in some ways is worse than Trump because he is smarter and a hard core ideologue. Bottom line is if any Republican who isn't Trump and isn't a whack job like Cruz gets the nomination, unless somehow miraculously the economy turns around in 2 years, the GOP will crush in the election and that's the direction I'll be voting.

The BLM riots were a disgrace and Democrat politicians pandering to the people who supported them is one of the reasons I'm flipping as well. The final straw for me was Psaki's comments on the Ma'Khia Bryant shooting. "Police violence and systemic racism"? Uh, no. I'm done with you people.
An Unarmed Insurrection? Too much time watching CNN/MSNBC. The folks that brought you Russia Collusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island