Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2023, 08:29 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,769,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna63657

I think his days are limited!
Lol Newsday just got an update from them (that article you posted is a month old). They haven’t even opened an official criminal investigation yet, it’s still in preliminary stages. By the time the investigation is complete, charges are filed (if any) he will pretty much be done with his term.

“ Besides listing the gigantic increase in salary in 2022, Santos claimed he owned assets worth between $2.6 million and $11.2 million. Newsday has reported he may have inflated his role with his most recent employer.

ABC said the probe was a review and not yet a formal investigation. The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York hasn’t commented publicly.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2023, 12:09 AM

6,384 posts, read 13,155,991 times
^ I posted an old link for some reason. Here is what I was just reading…

https://news.yahoo.com/doj-signals-l...015326473.html

DOJ is investigating him. Time to man up and admit all the lies. There is no way out.

Old 01-28-2023, 08:36 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,406,424 times
Quote:

DOJ is investigating him. Time to man up and admit all the lies. There is no way out.
I hope this loser douchebag not only loses his position, but gets thrown in jail.

Old 01-28-2023, 08:44 AM

45,352 posts, read 60,534,984 times
With the recent drag queen revelations Santos needs to change his party affiliation to Democrat. He'd immediately be lauded as "brave" and "living his own truth". That would take a lot of heat off of him.

Old 01-28-2023, 09:06 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,783,639 times
Quote:

He's a sociopath so he won't do that. On some level he either believes his lies or believes it was ok to tell them.

Now he's damaged any chance of a Republican getting elected from that district again, unless the GOP should figure out a way to get him out ASAP. He certainly has no chance of being effective.

What's scariest is that either - 1-no one in his inner circle is telling him he must step down immediately or 2-they are telling him and he's not listening to them either. He's truly mentally ill.

The twitter roasts are entertaining at least.

Old 01-28-2023, 09:37 AM

5,047 posts, read 3,953,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
He's a sociopath so he won't do that. On some level he either believes his lies or believes it was ok to tell them.

Now he's damaged any chance of a Republican getting elected from that district again, unless the GOP should figure out a way to get him out ASAP. He certainly has no chance of being effective.

What's scariest is that either - 1-no one in his inner circle is telling him he must step down immediately or 2-they are telling him and he's not listening to them either. He's truly mentally ill.

Even Bill and Hillary eventually broke down and begrudgingly admitted what had already been proven.

This guy is having too much fun.

Old 01-28-2023, 09:43 AM

35,688 posts, read 21,042,380 times
Santos liable to run for president. Why not? He made it this far unscathed and nobody is ready to throw him out… as crazy as he is, I’m waiting on it…

Old 01-28-2023, 09:49 AM

983 posts, read 724,882 times
No polititian goes to prison.

Regarding Santos, if they didn't take him down by now, it's not going to happen.

The system stretches the news just so you think something may happen and don't go to the streets with a guillotine.

We should all be protesting but no one is.

Moderator cut: vulgar language not allowed on cd .

Last edited by nancy thereader; 01-31-2023 at 10:14 AM..

Old 01-28-2023, 04:16 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,769,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post

Pretty much a sociopath. He was out partying in some DC Karaoke club a few days taking selfies with people. He seems to not be bothered at all by any of this. Even if the GOP got him out now I don’t see how that would make a difference in the next election which has an excellent chance of going democrat regardless. As far as the GOP goes he’s pretty much a guaranteed vote for the next 2 years for whatever McCarthy wants.

Old 01-31-2023, 09:27 AM

1,693 posts, read 1,529,402 times
New poll shows how 3rd district voters view Santos:

NY 3 Voters Say Santos Should Resign 78-13%, Including 71% of Reps - Siena
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island