Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 08:30 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times

Advertisements

Queens women face illegal massage charges in N. Massapequa

The ages of the women are 51 and 46 and the story says:

"... one of the woman offered to have sex for money and was also charged with prostitution"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 08:39 AM

4,698 posts, read 8,762,096 times
I saw that today and immediately thought of this thread, lol.

Seems like these massage parlors are the low hanging fruit of the police business. Arrests are down this month? Just start sending undercovers into these joints...seems like they're all over.

Old 11-03-2009, 03:26 PM

791 posts, read 1,434,157 times
Default Devoting taxpayer money...

...to chasing down prostitutes is the height of absurdity.

Especially those who do business via the web. They are not standing on street corners degrading the local "quality of life." They're engaged in private business that need not concern you or me and their private arrangements are none of our business.

Old 11-04-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCardSteve View Post
...to chasing down prostitutes is the height of absurdity.

Especially those who do business via the web. They are not standing on street corners degrading the local "quality of life." They're engaged in private business that need not concern you or me and their private arrangements are none of our business.
I would agree with you but prostitutes are not paying taxes and the rest of us have to pay taxes on our income. Look at your paycheck and add up what you are paying in taxes and think what you could do with that money if it were all yours or just if more of it were yours. The rest of us pay higher taxes because we have to supplement those that don't pay any.

Old 11-04-2009, 10:40 AM

4,698 posts, read 8,762,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
I would agree with you but prostitutes are not paying taxes and the rest of us have to pay taxes on our income. Look at your paycheck and add up what you are paying in taxes and think what you could do with that money if it were all yours or just if more of it were yours. The rest of us pay higher taxes because we have to supplement those that don't pay any.
also, these little businesses are often connected to larger criminal enterprises....and potentially human trafficking, slavery, etc.

Old 11-04-2009, 11:05 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,342,373 times
Quote:
Oh man I wish I could take home my gross pay. My net pay looks so pathetic in comparison.

Old 11-04-2009, 03:28 PM

791 posts, read 1,434,157 times
Quote:
The "tax" on them is the undeniable toll it takes on their lives.

Prostitutes are rarely happy people, and their lives are very frequently "nasty, brutish, and short."

Old 11-04-2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCardSteve View Post
The "tax" on them is the undeniable toll it takes on their lives.

Prostitutes are rarely happy people, and their lives are very frequently "nasty, brutish, and short."
While I agree with you about the sad situation of many of them, what does that have to do with paying their share of tax money?

Many women get into hooking for drug money as their number one reason, although like another poster pointed out, this type of brothel prostitution ("massage parlors") is generally not because a woman is seeking money for drugs, but because many women and teen girls are literally held as sex slaves in them. It's totally shameful that this happens in America, "the land of the free."

Old 11-04-2009, 06:30 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,175,232 times
Quote:
While I agree with you about the sad situation of many of them, what does that have to do with paying their share of tax money?

Many women get into hooking for drug money as their number one reason, although like another poster pointed out, this type of brothel prostitution ("massage parlors") is generally not because a woman is seeking money for drugs, but because many women and teen girls are literally held as sex slaves in them. It's totally shameful that this happens in America, "the land of the free."
The land of the free and the home of the happy ending.

Crooks

Old 02-05-2010, 12:52 PM

Default UPDATE: Here we go again ...

Yet ANOTHER story in Newsday ...

For those of you that can link:

Two women charged in Lindenhurst massage parlor sting

For the rest of you a snippet:

Quote:
On Thursday night, Suffolk County police executed a search warrant at the Kai Kai Barber Shop on Sunrise Highway in Lindenhurst and arrested two women.

Kun Zhou, 47, whose address is unknown, was charged with two counts of prostitution, and the second, Shagfeng Jiang, 40, of 41-17 Main St., Flushing, was charged with second-degree criminal nuisance, police said.

"The business operated under the appearance of a barbershop and massage therapy storefront," police said, "but inside, employees would agree to perform a sexual act for a fee."
Is there something in the Asian culture that encourages women being prostitutes? Maybe in the Vietnam War that is how they connected with Americans and made money? It's almost always them in the massage parlors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island