Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 02:11 AM

6,664 posts, read 30,617,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neusys View Post
,,,, it is also the law that you are to have plastic bags in your pocket that are visible, but again, we are in a society that refuses to take responsibility for their actions and find every single excuse to be immune from such. if you obey the law, it avoids the confrontation and everyone is happy; when it it not obeyed, there is strife.
What strife??
Never seen a code on "visible plastic bags" please supply a link to that section.

Of course a year old thread dragged up by a one post pony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2011, 02:18 PM

4 posts, read 3,710 times
i live in west hollywood - hollyway dr / westmount! the green in front of my window is a veritable toilet from people who do not pick up after themselves OR walk their dogs without a leash. three days ago, i approached a man who replied, 'are you going to give me a ticket? are you going to call the cops? where's your badge?' * the best one happened today, sunday. a woman was walking her dog at the rotary on west knoll. her reply was that she was pregnant and that her dog was a service dog. i told her that does not make her immune from walking her dog on a leash. then it was my fault, as usual with people who will not take responsibility and then blame their accusers, turning it around-a control factor. i wanted to make a citizen's arrest. i found out from the sheriffs that you can't, only under penal codes you can make a citizen's arrest; leash laws are just ordinances and cannot be enforced unless they're caught red-handed, then a fine will be imposed. otherwise, the person has full reign to do whatever they want!

Old 08-21-2011, 02:23 PM

4 posts, read 3,710 times
Default you don't get it!

a cop was traveling on my street one day, and told me that i had to show the bad visibly. i didn't question. so, in your reply, i will agree, that after confronting city hall, you should have it in your pocket, but not required to show it visibly. so, i will give you that. but in relation to your other comment, you remain in the same place as all the others who will not take responsibility for their actions, blaming everyone else! LAWS ARE MADE TO PROTECT YOU AND TO PREVENT CHAOS IN SOCIETY! break a law and if you're caught, you pay the price, including the chaos you created in your personal life because of the law you broke, and it may involve others. keep the law and life is wonderful.

Old 08-21-2011, 09:05 PM

497 posts, read 1,503,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neusys View Post
i live in west hollywood - hollyway dr / westmount! the green in front of my window is a veritable toilet from people who do not pick up after themselves OR walk their dogs without a leash. three days ago, i approached a man who replied, 'are you going to give me a ticket? are you going to call the cops? where's your badge?' * the best one happened today, sunday. a woman was walking her dog at the rotary on west knoll. her reply was that she was pregnant and that her dog was a service dog. i told her that does not make her immune from walking her dog on a leash. then it was my fault, as usual with people who will not take responsibility and then blame their accusers, turning it around-a control factor. i wanted to make a citizen's arrest. i found out from the sheriffs that you can't, only under penal codes you can make a citizen's arrest; leash laws are just ordinances and cannot be enforced unless they're caught red-handed, then a fine will be imposed. otherwise, the person has full reign to do whatever they want!

Pick it up with a plastic glove after he/she is about 40 feet away, then walk by her and accidently brush up against him/her clothing as you pass by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles