Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 10:54 PM

1,528 posts, read 4,233,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalParadise View Post
"Those occupy movements"....and you are calling them idiots?
Occupy movers.. Yeah they're idiots, low life and have no purpose and the only way to gain any attention is to commit unlawful acts..

Their always gonna blame something no matter what, even before the recession, these people were the same **** they are today..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 01:38 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,845,334 times
Nothing in the LAT article suggesting it was OWS people. Do we have a source for this claim?

Old 01-02-2012, 07:53 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,820,948 times
It sounds as if they've got the suspect: L.A. arson suspect is 24-year-old Hollywood man - latimes.com

Old 01-02-2012, 10:17 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,815,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
Occupy movers.. Yeah they're idiots, low life and have no purpose and the only way to gain any attention is to commit unlawful acts..

Their always gonna blame something no matter what, even before the recession, these people were the same **** they are today..
Not to hijack this BUT when I said the same thing in the NY section it was deleted.
Ohhhhh wait a sec---NOW I remember why...
It was that cool picture I posted with the college police officer spraying mace all over those cockroaches while they huddled together on the ground.

Good stuff there.....good stuff.

Carry on....

Old 01-02-2012, 10:28 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,949,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalParadise View Post
I don't think it's like 1992 at all. The riots were almost like a war of all against all.

This event appears confined to one sick SOB (or several sick SOB's). So I think it is more akin to 1985: when Richard Ramirez terrorized the city until he was caught.

Luckily, the arsonsist (or arsonsists) have NOT killed anyone YET. But the similarity I see is you have one crazy individual (or several) terrorizing the city.
It's one now. If the inflation picks up full speed, gas goes above $6/gallon, etc I think it'll be way more than one. This is just one person now, but I think this is a precursor to much more. A lot of places in the city appear to be a time bomb. I saw incidents of very angry, screaming people, angry at political and economic situation--angry in a frightening way. What happens if they stop getting their unemployment benefits?... I do expect real riots in the future, in certain areas.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:53 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,845,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
college police officer spraying mace all over those cockroaches while they huddled together on the ground.
Nice to see the new year bring such civil, informed discourse here. But thanks for proudly showing your true colors for all to see.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:20 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
It sounds as if they've got the suspect: L.A. arson suspect is 24-year-old Hollywood man - latimes.com
I highly doubt he acted alone. He had help from a few other sickos.

Last edited by majoun; 01-03-2012 at 01:00 AM..

Old 01-03-2012, 05:26 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,866,369 times
Let's think here...

The riots in '92 happened on a massive scale and were driven by the anger and frustration of the poor black community, the catalytic event being the acquittal of white police officers being caught on tape beating senseless a black motorist. Fires were started and looting was rampant all over Southern and Central LA, necessitating the intervention of the National Guard.

These fires were perpetrated by some 24-year old doofus with a ponytail. He was probably just angry that his mom threw out his Highlander DVD's and told him to get a job. He was caught by the LAPD pretty quickly and with no federal intervention.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:45 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,866,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Let's think here...

The riots in '92 happened on a massive scale and were driven by the anger and frustration of the poor black community, the catalytic event being the acquittal of white police officers being caught on tape beating senseless a black motorist. Fires were started and looting was rampant all over Southern and Central LA, necessitating the intervention of the National Guard.

These fires were perpetrated by some 24-year old doofus with a ponytail. He was probably just angry that his mom threw out his Highlander DVD's and told him to get a job. He was caught by the LAPD pretty quickly and with no federal intervention.
Addendum: he's a German national who evidently said that he "hates America" when he was arrested. I wonder if he's also a nihilist and feels nothing...

Old 01-03-2012, 08:46 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
Apparently he hates America because his mommy is being deported.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles