Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 10:09 AM

32 posts, read 234,518 times

Advertisements

Vallarta Supermarkets are taking over souther california at an alarming rate.... I belive once this supermarket moves into or near your neighborhood, in the long run, the home prices will fall, crime will rise and the Latinos wil be abundant.

whats is your opinion ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2007, 10:30 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
I haven't heard of Vallarta Supermarkets, but I am assuming the reference to Latinos means that they cater to the Hispanic community. If so, my opinion is I hope they have good carne asada and tamales.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:47 AM

26 posts, read 203,355 times
I like Vallarta. You can get a ten pound sack of fresh tortilla chips for about 2 bucks. Among other things that aren't available at Vons and Ralphs.

Old 12-21-2007, 11:52 AM

251 posts, read 1,312,780 times
Sounds like a troll to me but I'll bite only cause I love the store and the prices! If Vallarta is bringing me reasonable grocery prices and more selection in the market....I say let them come! I love the store.

Old 12-21-2007, 12:58 PM

1,720 posts, read 6,728,348 times
Vallarta is a pretty cool store. They have some great items you can't find elsewhere for reasonable prices.

BUT...it does mean more hispanics and possibly more crime and stuff.

Old 12-21-2007, 02:35 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
I love Vallarta supermarkets! They have lots of things that you can't get at Ralphs, Vons or Trader Joes -- like fresh cerviche in several different varieties! Also, they have a great butcher (fresh cut meats) and a good seafood selection. Both Ralphs and Vons offer mostly prepackaged meats.

Also, the Vallarta markets close to us are extremely clean inside.

Old 12-21-2007, 02:40 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,313,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9126ebk View Post
Vallarta Supermarkets are taking over souther california at an alarming rate.... I belive once this supermarket moves into or near your neighborhood, in the long run, the home prices will fall, crime will rise and the Latinos wil be abundant.

whats is your opinion ?
This may be the most ignorant post I've ever read on these forums. That's my opinion.

Old 12-21-2007, 02:48 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,617,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
,,,,Both Ralphs and Vons offer mostly prepackaged meats.
All of the Ralph's and Vons that I have been to have butchers, they are not cutting up meat in public but behind the meat department. The prepackaged meats are for customer convenience.

Old 12-22-2007, 07:51 AM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
I don't go there on a regular basis, but if I do it's usually to their cooked food section. There chicken and carne asada are really good. They also have a really nice bakery section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrogal View Post
Sounds like a troll to me but I'll bite only cause I love the store and the prices! If Vallarta is bringing me reasonable grocery prices and more selection in the market....I say let them come! I love the store.

Old 12-22-2007, 09:29 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
All of the Ralph's and Vons that I have been to have butchers, they are not cutting up meat in public but behind the meat department. The prepackaged meats are for customer convenience.
At the Ralph's and Vons I've been to, I don't think I've ever seen more than two butchers (? I'm not certain they were butchers but they were working in the meat/fish department). The bigger Vallarta we go to probably has 6 to 10 people behind the meat/fish counters.

Vallarta also carries cuts of meat and marinated meats that I never see at other stores. In particular, I'm thinking of stir fry pork and beef (It's cut in tiny pieces like you find in fried rice) and fajitas.

I like Vallarta's bakery and produce sections too. They also have fresh salsas and one big store we go to has a fresh juice bar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles