Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 05:41 PM

401 posts, read 768,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I'm an "unconscious incompetent" eh? Excuse my growing mirth. Perhaps you've made assumptions about me based on my disclosure of being a drop out blue collar guy. I dunno. But one thing is increasingly clear. Since you actually know nothing about me, your superciliousness, plus your apparent lack of understanding of that which I wrote in the previous couple of posts, brings into question whether you are in tech at all. Certainly not AI. I wasn't even talking about the Singularity, which I can pick to pieces, as well. I was referring to obvious general AI. Which will put a huge number of people out of work. Soon. Possibly including your daughter. And business and economics. That you failed to grasp the entire purpose of automation and robotics means you either are not in the fields, or you can't think beyond your drive for a paycheck.
Well, I guess we'll make great pets (of the robots).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 05:55 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,310,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Are you just unfamiliar with the concept of hypocrisy? You are incapable of discussing anything like a rational adult. You make wild accusations against people and then ignore the discussion to argue against the person you've made up. You were incapable of discussing the points I raised so you painted a false picture of me to insult and argue against instead. You're jealous of what other people have so you label others to bring them down. I've never bragged about anything here but you're such a small person you took everything I've said as a personal insult. You are stupid, you aren't worth my time, and you should go away.
There you go again

All personal insults, and no actual substance.

You've obviously never had an encounter with a "real" person unless they were valeting your car or watering your lawn. Too bad.

Old 02-02-2015, 06:04 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,186,992 times
Every post I make pointing out how dimwitted and childish you are gets numerous +reps. Think about that for a second. People here don't like you. You add nothing to conversations, you're petty and ignorant, and you don't even realize it.

Old 02-02-2015, 06:12 PM

I know exactly what I'm doing, and it's working just how I planned

Old 02-02-2015, 06:14 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,186,992 times
Making yourself look like a petty, stupid troll was your plan?

Old 02-02-2015, 06:37 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Freedom View Post
Well, I guess we'll make great pets (of the robots).
No. Robots will have no use for sentient "pets". And, beyond your and my humor, is the reality that robots / AI will not "take over" nor "rule" the world in any of that singularity sci-fi sense. Certainly it is questionable whether ASI will ever come into being. Since humans don't know the true nature of intelligence, they can't program it. All they can do is quantify functions. Which is where the debacle is heading that comes back to my point and the thread topic. AGI automation / robotics is putting people out of work increasingly and has been for some time. It's sophistication will increase greatly and put lots more out. This drive for reducing human labor and thereby increasing profit will have a negative effect on it's very intention.

Old 02-02-2015, 06:57 PM

401 posts, read 768,013 times
First you say:

Quote:
AI is being developed so that it can out perform human designers and programmers, and perform self repair for most functions. The promise of AI is to be able to out think and out design humans. In other words, during your daughter's professional lifetime, AI / computers will be eliminating her expertise.
Then you say:

Quote:
Since humans don't know the true nature of intelligence, they can't program it. All they can do is quantify functions.
So, we're designing something... that we can't design. We're just quantifying functions on something we don't know the true nature of, that will be able to out think and out design us.

Ok, got it.

An AI person might think that this thread itself is an actual Turing test, and that you, Mr. Tulemutt are actually a machine; however, in this case the Turing test fails. No actual human could be this stupid.

Thanks for the fun!!

Old 02-02-2015, 08:11 PM

1,235 posts, read 1,770,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
I'm checking both your privilege. You two are probably the most privileged posters on this forum yet make the wildest comments, so it's only fair to try to challenge what you say.
HaHa. Funny. Since I grew up in middle class in the San Fernando Valley, attended public university and worked from age 15 onward. Yet, you grew up a spoiled brat in West LA and were spoon fed all of your life. Now you work a job which involves pushing poor people into the street. You make Thurston Howell look like an angel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
Ah the Westside, I've lived there my whole life. Have lived for various periods of time in North Santa Monica, the Palisades (Huntington), and Westwood/Bel Air border.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetLegal View Post
HaHa. Funny. Since I grew up in middle class San Fernando Valley, attended public university and worked from age 15 onward. Yet, you grew up a spoiled brat in West LA and were spoon fed all of your life. Now you work a job which involves pushing poor people into the street. You make Thurston Howell look like an angel.
Nice that you have the luxury and time to look up 3000 posts back.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Making yourself look like a petty, stupid troll was your plan?
Checking your privilege. Hey, you may think I'm unpopular, and I don't care if "everyone" hates me (though I've received some reputation too), but I got you to rethink things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles