Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 01:10 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,670,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Because they don't like illegals? Because they don't like Hispanics? Because they don't know the truth and believe the same myths you and jm and OC do? Because what you say is your personal perception not backed by fact? I dunno.
I was a regular listener to the Terry Anderson Show from 2002 until Terry passed on circa 2010. In all that time, Terry conveyed something very different, and I put more stock in his observations than these various vaguely scientific "studies" that claim once illegals take over a neighborhood crime decreases since Terry was an African-American living in South Central.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 01:38 AM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I was a regular listener to the Terry Anderson Show from 2002 until Terry passed on circa 2010. In all that time, Terry conveyed something very different, and I put more stock in his observations than these various vaguely scientific "studies" that claim once illegals take over a neighborhood crime decreases since Terry was an African-American living in South Central.
The studies don't claim that illegals taking over any one particular neighborhood reduce crime. They studied and measured and reported that, overall, illegal immigrants commit less violent crime than legal citizens. What happened in Anderson's particular neighborhood in that period of time may have been influenced by factors other than those you interpret as causal. I don't know. And neither do you. But if you want to believe in anecdotally reported correlation as causation, knock yourself out. I just provided multiple proofs based on factual statistics. Kinda like with climate change deniers, all a person can do is demonstrate that science is impartially telling the true story.

Old 11-15-2016, 05:19 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times
The Illegal-Alien Crime Wave | City Journal

Old 11-15-2016, 05:21 AM

La Times and other publications won't publish truth because it doesn't fit their agenda

They disrespected our laws first by coming illegally and then again by committing crimes on US soil , they need to go . Shouldn't even be a question

Old 11-15-2016, 07:41 AM

1,473 posts, read 1,330,830 times
So did Americans when invaded California.
You call yourself a "native"? Are you an "angelino"?
Don't make me laugh.

Old 11-15-2016, 07:53 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,149,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karstic View Post
Don't make me laugh.
So did Mexicans when they took California from the native Americans. What an absurd comment. Don't make me laugh. Native Americans were very primitive insofar as technology was concerned, and as such, were ripe for having their land taken by any power that encountered them. This foreign power could just as easily have been the Chinese. You think they would have been kind? Human beings are brutal. Stop equivocating.

And yes, a person born in LA is an Angeleno. It is not DNA that impacts that fact.

Last edited by LuvSouthOC; 11-15-2016 at 08:34 AM..

Old 11-15-2016, 08:23 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,017,051 times
All this talk about illegal immigrants committing less crime than natives and feeling safer in neighborhoods with them seems fine until you realize that they're all breaking the law by being here and skipping the line which other foreigners have to go through to get in. So yes in essence they're 'criminals' in a way anyways despite the fact that they commit less violent crime than the native population.
They could be all Buddhist monks that wouldn't harm a fly, it doesn't matter, this cognitive dissonance we have regarding illegal immigrants is getting foolish. The media keeps mixing them up with ALL immigrants and just because they may commit less crime it doesn't mean some commit no crime, so can they at least do something about the criminal illegals?
I mean the press is treating this notion as though the illegals are akin to runaway slaves and people who want to enforce the laws on the books as racist plantation owners or something. It's ridiculous. I mean it seems as though they're looking for amnesty as the only solution.

Old 11-15-2016, 08:41 AM

1,855 posts, read 2,920,043 times
Quote:
Don't make me laugh.
What a ridiculous, white-guilt, liberal **** comment.

Old 11-15-2016, 09:14 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,613,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
All this talk about illegal immigrants committing less crime than natives and feeling safer in neighborhoods with them seems fine until you realize that they're all breaking the law by being here and skipping the line which other foreigners have to go through to get in. So yes in essence they're 'criminals' in a way anyways despite the fact that they commit less violent crime than the native population.
They could be all Buddhist monks that wouldn't harm a fly, it doesn't matter, this cognitive dissonance we have regarding illegal immigrants is getting foolish. The media keeps mixing them up with ALL immigrants and just because they may commit less crime it doesn't mean some commit no crime, so can they at least do something about the criminal illegals?
I mean the press is treating this notion as though the illegals are akin to runaway slaves and people who want to enforce the laws on the books as racist plantation owners or something. It's ridiculous. I mean it seems as though they're looking for amnesty as the only solution.
Agreed
The overwhelming majority of illegal immigrants are not harming anyone and many make productive contributions to L.A. It is true that South L.A. is a safer place because of them in particular. As are Compton and Long Beach. However - it is unfair to legal immigrants, who make massive sacrifices to come to the US, and puts our security in danger to tolerate illegal immigration like we do. The danger caused by terrorists, extremists, and gang members who come illegally necessitates that The only other country which tolerates illegal immigration to the same extent as we do is Great Britain - and that's exactly the reason why Brexit passed. No one else does. We are being played.

Criminal illegals,and illegals involved in terrorism, and illegals who use public benefits, need to be deported. They do not benefit our society and we are better off without them. Gang members in particular should be deported.

If the California political class loves sanctuary cities so much then they should work to get a constitutional amendment passed that would allow states to make their own immigration policy. They would find plenty of support for this from the other side of the aisle.

Last edited by majoun; 11-15-2016 at 09:37 AM..

Old 11-15-2016, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Don't make me laugh.
First time I've seen you post here . Are you one of those leftists that's always crying about "colonizers" ruining
"Their" neighborhoods ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles