Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 04:03 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,017,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Dunno. Here's what you posted that I responded to:

I responded with:
Neither you nor I said "all". So what? I guess you are suggesting I should have said "a cause" instead of "the cause"? Whatever. I don't see how this little minutia is important to the conversation?
It's really not. All good
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 07:15 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,185,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
The stats shut down any furor over illegals committing more crimes, fool of a took. That isn't the point. The media is arguing with Trump over the point while ignoring the big fact that they're committing a crime anyways by remaining in the country without papers. I was saying that they could provide counter arguments until they're blue in the face. Address the fact that they are illegally in the country and something must be done. It wouldn't matter if they committed NO crimes and were calm as Hindu cows.

You went off on a tangent and completely butchered my post, Dr. Spock.
Radio I agree with you except it's mr Spock.... Spock never got a doctorate

Old 11-15-2016, 07:19 PM

11 posts, read 6,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
The department that invented the sanctuary city as we know it continues to coddle illegal immigrants. Chief Beck now says the department will not work with Homeland Security under a Trump Administration. Sounds like he's just asking for the department to have its federal funding cut off. Elections have consequences.

LAPD Will Not Help Deport Immigrants Under Trump Administration: Chief Beck | KTLA
This does sound like a rather extreme position, considering that Trump hasn't even been sworn in yet and we don't actually know what he will do at the end of the day...

Old 11-15-2016, 07:40 PM

406 posts, read 348,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Shouldn't it be an issue that even if the contribution to increased crime by illegals was only 1% that something should be done about that regardless? I mean these are people that shouldn't be here in the first place much less be committing crimes. Is it really productive to say that they commit less crime than natives?
Absolutely not. Resources should be triaged to contain/deter the highest number of crimes possible. The safety of my family is of paramount importance.

Which crimes should be most important to reduce I'm more than happy to listen to ideas. But it makes absolutely no sense to spend 99% of the resources on a solution (alternative) that will only stop 1% of the crime.

Public policy is about determining an economically efficient way to effectively create equitable outcomes for the population at large.

Old 11-15-2016, 08:00 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Radio I agree with you except it's mr Spock.... Spock never got a doctorate
That's ok. This Spock never got even a high school diploma. Not even a GED.

Old 11-15-2016, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippityhop View Post
Absolutely not. Resources should be triaged to contain/deter the highest number of crimes possible. The safety of my family is of paramount importance.

Which crimes should be most important to reduce I'm more than happy to listen to ideas. But it makes absolutely no sense to spend 99% of the resources on a solution (alternative) that will only stop 1% of the crime.

Public policy is about determining an economically efficient way to effectively create equitable outcomes for the population at large.
A reasoned post. Where am I? Certainly not on the CD Forum ...

Old 11-15-2016, 08:03 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,447,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kblauser21 View Post
This does sound like a rather extreme position, considering that Trump hasn't even been sworn in yet and we don't actually know what he will do at the end of the day...
I don't think he knows what he'll do from one day to the next.

The point is that there is no legal requirement for a municipal or county law enforcement agency to perform federal law enforcement duties.

None.

Old 11-15-2016, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombleywomberly View Post
I don't think he knows what he'll do from one day to the next.

The point is that there is no legal requirement for a municipal or county law enforcement agency to perform federal law enforcement duties.

None.
To say nothing of the fact that the feds don't want local forces feeding them what they can't handle. The former ICE director under GW Bush was interviewed on NPR yesterday. She said they are already swamped and can't process any more any faster than they currently are.

But hey, all you cranky folks like to finger point at your local sheriff and mayors, knock yourselves out. Keep those calls coming in to ICE about your neighbors!

Old 11-15-2016, 09:12 PM

8,344 posts, read 6,436,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Speaking of prostitution..this happened recently in Sylmar

In one undercover investigation, motel staff “didn’t hesitate” to rent a room to an undercover LAPD officer who pretended to be a pimp and pointed at a fellow undercover officer posing as a prostitute while saying, “I want to put this ho to work,” according to Feuer.

Used condoms, hookers, drugs, gang lawsuit: Motel 6 won't leave the light on for you in Sylmar - MyNewsLA.com
Where is that Motel 6?

Most illegals have a Pit Bull adding to the danger from them.

Old 11-15-2016, 10:56 PM

406 posts, read 348,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
A reasoned post. Where am I? Certainly not on the CD Forum ...
Pfffffft. My posts are always well reasoned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles