Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 12:24 PM

684 posts, read 515,117 times

Advertisements

The LAPD doesn't want to deport the illegals because they want more citizens in their city to beat and abuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 12:29 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
First off I wasn't addressing you personally, secondly the illegal immigration debate was here long before Trump. My point if you brothered to comprehend it at all is that it doesn't matter if they commit actual crimes or not, them being here without proper documentation is against the law. They're breaking the law regardless. That's where the dissonance is at that I mentioned. Seriously once again you can't comprehend.
I didn't say you were addressing me personally, did I? I was making a personal declaration in furthering my point.

I also fully comprehended your point. And point out in response that your post expressed reaction to the topical tangent of "violent crime" - in which you are saying that is insignificant given these illegals have crossed into the states without authorization. Well, no, it isn't insignificant that people are fallaciously creating hyperbolic hysteria by falsely accusing illegals of violent behavior.

The nature of Trump's xenophobic lies and his promises of how he will deal with a problem defined on a false premise is very significant to trusting him on the issue. As majoun pointed out in his excellent post, there's plenty of obvious justification for reforming immigration and enhancing border security. Violent crime by illegals isn't one of them - and inciting the pitchfork and torch crowd mentality to a fever pitch is ugly and dangerous for all parties.

Old 11-15-2016, 12:48 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,017,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I didn't say you were addressing me personally, did I? I was making a personal declaration in furthering my point.

I also fully comprehended your point. And point out in response that your post expressed reaction to the topical tangent of "violent crime" - in which you are saying that is insignificant given these illegals have crossed into the states without authorization. Well, no, it isn't insignificant that people are fallaciously creating hyperbolic hysteria by falsely accusing illegals of violent behavior.

The nature of Trump's xenophobic lies and his promises of how he will deal with a problem defined on a false premise is very significant to trusting him on the issue. As majoun pointed out in his excellent post, there's plenty of obvious justification for reforming immigration and enhancing border security. Violent crime by illegals isn't one of them - and inciting the pitchfork and torch crowd mentality to a fever pitch is ugly and dangerous for all parties.
What in the hell are you rambling on about? I pretty much reiterated what majoun was saying. That this talk of illegals committing more crimes or not is spurious because they broke the law by skipping the line in front of immigrants who worked hard to come here. That they could all be Buddhist monks that wouldn't harm a fly it wouldn't matter because being in this country without proper documentation is illegal. I even acknowledged that the data is correct that they commit less crime than natives but that is second to the point that the media is missing which is that they're breaking the law just by being here. Also that some illegals do commit crimes even if the percentage may be smaller than the native pop. Can we at least do something about them?

So I don't know who you're arguing with.

Old 11-15-2016, 12:55 PM

Quote:
What in the hell are you rambling on about? I pretty much reiterated what majoun was saying. That this talk of illegals committing more crimes or not is spurious because they broke the law by skipping the line in front of immigrants who worked hard to come here. That they could all be Buddhist monks that wouldn't harm a fly it wouldn't matter because being in this country without proper documentation is illegal. I even acknowledged that the data is correct that they commit less crime than natives but that is second to the point that the media is missing which is that they're breaking the law just by being here. Also that some illegals do commit crimes even if the percentage may be smaller than the native pop. Can we at least do something about them?

So I don't know who you're arguing with.
Did someone else post the following using your id?
Quote:
...They could be all Buddhist monks that wouldn't harm a fly, it doesn't matter,
Quote:
... it doesn't matter if they commit actual crimes or not, them being here without proper documentation is against the law.
It does matter. For the reasons I stated. If you care to comprehend my statements - as opposing to flipping into another of your fits of defensiveness.

Old 11-15-2016, 01:01 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times
Seems strange people that don't even live in LA would be telling us WE should keep illegal aliens here.
I wonder if they advocate for illegal criminals so hard where they live

Old 11-15-2016, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Did someone else post the following using your id?

It does matter. For the reasons I stated. If you care to comprehend my statements - as opposing to flipping into another of your fits of defensiveness.
You're reading comprehension skills are beyond ridiculous! I was saying that statistically it's corect that illegals commit less crime but that the media, not you personally, are missing the forest for the tress because they're breaking the law regardless. That it is silly to hyperbolically exclaim illegals are more violent, they're still breaking the law. Just start with that.

What part of this do you not comprehend and how can you applaud majoun when I basically made a very similar post?

Old 11-15-2016, 01:17 PM

Quote:
You're reading comprehension skills are beyond ridiculous! I was saying that statistically it's corect that illegals commit less crime but that the media, not you personally, are missing the forest for the tress because they're breaking the law regardless.

What part of this do you not comprehend and how can you applaud majoun when I basically made a very similar post?
I comprehend you perfectly. I acknowledge that you agreed on the truth of the level of crimes. And then I chuckle at your declaration that "it doesn't matter." As I have said three times now: yes, it does matter. For the reasons I stated.

You have gone into conniptions so many times in responding to my posts - making all kinds of [medical] diagnoses of my mental states - and often talking about how I post one thing or another without "context" or out of context. I just provided exact context to why I challenge your statements. I didn't challenge saying anything about you denying any criminality. Yes. You agreed. And then proceeded to say "it doesn't matter." Get it? It does matter. For reasons clearly stated. 3x.

Old 11-15-2016, 01:27 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times
Radiolibre99 don't you get it ? You must know that the areas of LA where the most illegals live are the safest . Pacoima ,Boyle Heights etc
It's those immigrant Persian business owners in Beverly Hills that are causing all the crime and in gangs .

Old 11-15-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
I comprehend you perfectly. I acknowledge that you agreed on the truth of the level of crimes. And then I chuckle at your declaration that "it doesn't matter." As I have said three times now: yes, it does matter. For the reasons I stated.

You have gone into conniptions so many times in responding to my posts - making all kinds of [medical] diagnoses of my mental states - and often talking about how I post one thing or another without "context" or out of context. I just provided exact context to why I challenge your statements. I didn't challenge saying anything about you denying any criminality. Yes. You agreed. And then proceeded to say "it doesn't matter." Get it? It does matter. For reasons clearly stated. 3x.
The stats shut down any furor over illegals committing more crimes, fool of a took. That isn't the point. The media is arguing with Trump over the point while ignoring the big fact that they're committing a crime anyways by remaining in the country without papers. I was saying that they could provide counter arguments until they're blue in the face. Address the fact that they are illegally in the country and something must be done. It wouldn't matter if they committed NO crimes and were calm as Hindu cows.

You went off on a tangent and completely butchered my post, Dr. Spock.

Old 11-15-2016, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Radiolibre99 don't you get it ? You must know that the areas of LA where the most illegals live are the safest . Pacoima ,Boyle Heights etc
It's those immigrant Persian business owners in Beverly Hills that are causing all the crime and in gangs .
Shouldn't it be an issue that even if the contribution to increased crime by illegals was only 1% that something should be done about that regardless? I mean these are people that shouldn't be here in the first place much less be committing crimes. Is it really productive to say that they commit less crime than natives?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles