Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 01:39 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,149,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Radiolibre99 don't you get it ? You must know that the areas of LA where the most illegals live are the safest . Pacoima ,Boyle Heights etc
It's those immigrant Persian business owners in Beverly Hills that are causing all the crime and in gangs .
Roflmao
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 01:42 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,613,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
The stats shut down any furor over illegals committing more crimes, fool of a took. That isn't the point. The media is arguing with Trump over the point while ignoring the big fact that they're committing a crime anyways by remaining in the country without papers. I was saying that they could provide counter arguments until they're blue in the face. Address the fact that they are illegally in the country and something must be done. It wouldn't matter if they committed NO crimes and were calm as Hindu cows.

You went off on a tangent and completely butchered my post, Dr. Spock.
Exactly.
Radiolibre and I are on the same page.
I don't know why Tulemutt doesn't see this.

Old 11-15-2016, 01:42 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times
Quote:
The stats shut down any furor over illegals committing more crimes, fool of a took. That isn't the point. The media is arguing with Trump over the point while ignoring the big fact that they're committing a crime anyways by remaining in the country without papers. I was saying that they could provide counter arguments until they're blue in the face. Address the fact that they are illegally in the country and something must be done. It wouldn't matter if they committed NO crimes and were calm as Hindu cows.

You went off on a tangent and completely butchered my post, Dr. Spock.
I butchered your post?
Quote:
The stats shut down any furor over illegals committing more crimes, fool of a took.
What the heck does "fool of a took" mean?

Anyway, can you demonstrate how "the media is arguing with Trump" as you suggest? I don't agree the media ignores illegals are "in the country without papers". The media focus has been on Trump's outrageous xenophobic lies that feed the torch and pitchfork crowd. And that diet of BS is exactly why it does matter that the record on violent crime by illegals be corrected. It does matter.

Old 11-15-2016, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Exactly.
Radiolibre and I are on the same page.
I don't know why Tulemutt doesn't see this.
Tulemutt sees, and sees more.

Old 11-15-2016, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Shouldn't it be an issue that even if the contribution to increased crime by illegals was only 1% that something should be done about that regardless? I mean these are people that shouldn't be here in the first place much less be committing crimes. Is it really productive to say that they commit less crime than natives?
Yes, it IS productive to point out. Because, if the point is the reduction of violent crime, then first focus would logically be to attack the greatest threat first. Which isn't illegals.

Similarly, if the prime focus is immigration reform for all other legitimate reasons cited, then prioritize immigration reform.

Using false violent crime mythologies to accomplish an agenda puts the motivations for the agenda under suspicion. In this case it suggests xenophobic racism. That's not a healthy way for the nation to solve its problems. And does nothing to further the moral standing of our country according to its stated prinicples.

Old 11-15-2016, 01:55 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,613,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Yes, it IS productive to point out. Because, if the point is the reduction of violent crime, then first focus would logically be to attack the greatest threat first. Which isn't illegals.

Similarly, if the prime focus is immigration reform for all other legitimate reasons cited, then prioritize immigration reform.

Using false violent crime mythologies to accomplish an agenda puts the motivations for the agenda under suspicion. In this case it suggests xenophobic racism. That's not a healthy way for the nation to solve its problems. And does nothing to further the moral standing of our country according to its stated prinicples.
While illegal immigrants as a whole are not as crime prone as certain other demographics, there are certain crimes which are overwhelmingly tied to illegal immigration.

Our Mayor and our Chief of Police have declared themselves to be opposed to human trafficking. Sex trafficking is unquestionably a Bad Thing, so there's no problem with this on the surface. However, by condoning and encouraging illegal immigration, and making L.A. a sanctuary city, they're aiding and abetting sex trafficking and encouraging it. The reason why there's so much trafficking in L.A. is because it is a sanctuary city. If L.A. was less illegal-friendly there'd be a lot less sex trafficking in L.A.

Old 11-15-2016, 01:58 PM

Quote:
While illegal immigrants as a whole are not as crime prone as certain other demographics, there are certain crimes which are overwhelmingly tied to illegal immigration.

Our Mayor and our Chief of Police have declared themselves to be opposed to human trafficking. Sex trafficking is unquestionably a Bad Thing, so there's no problem with this on the surface. However, by condoning and encouraging illegal immigration, and making L.A. a sanctuary city, they're aiding and abetting sex trafficking and encouraging it. The reason why there's so much trafficking in L.A. is because it is a sanctuary city. If L.A. was less illegal-friendly there'd be a lot less sex trafficking in L.A.
Interesting theory. I dunno about any of that issue as you present it.

Old 11-15-2016, 02:02 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,017,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post

First off dealing with illegals that do contribute to the criminal stats by deporting them might lower the overall crime rates. At least the portion that they're contributing to, no? Especially drug dealers and gang members.

Secondly, I was under the assumption that Trumps rhetoric was that an open border brings about crime and drugs. Not that ALL illegal aliens were committing crimes. Even so the stats still show that some illegals do commit crimes. So is enforcing the existing laws on the books to do something about it xenophobic?

I'm seriously asking you not just debating

Old 11-15-2016, 02:03 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,017,051 times
Quote:

Excellent point.

Old 11-15-2016, 02:03 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times
Speaking of prostitution..this happened recently in Sylmar

In one undercover investigation, motel staff “didn’t hesitate” to rent a room to an undercover LAPD officer who pretended to be a pimp and pointed at a fellow undercover officer posing as a prostitute while saying, “I want to put this ho to work,” according to Feuer.

Used condoms, hookers, drugs, gang lawsuit: Motel 6 won't leave the light on for you in Sylmar - MyNewsLA.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles