Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2018, 06:12 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,115,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Im not liking this dark dystopian totalitarian-eque future..
Well hopefully you are fairly old and will die before it comes because there are alot of americans tired of this s*it. It will only be dystopian if your a piece of s*it a$$hole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2018, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
There are economic failures in every generation.
You dont think its getting disproportionately more as time goes on?

Old 03-07-2018, 06:15 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,115,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilshire View Post
I'm against AI taking jobs away.

I'm also against saying burglaries will go down if there are more jobs..

There are jobs. 4 farm jobs for every applicant. Criminals need to go to jail if they do crime. They're choosing not to work.
Of course everyone working is against AI. Unless there can be a universal safety net, it's inevitable. Money talks. Corporations have all the power.

And I don't think people down on their luck would wanna work in farms under the hot california sun. Immigrants(legal or illegal) come here with hope in their eyes. The homeless are all but hopefull. Then they get sent to a work camp?

Most probably can't even function. Those that do want to work would probably be happy behind a register in an air conditioned McDonalds.

But not knocking your idea. Any opportunity is better than none.

There are some that will take any job opportunity. There are many that won't but it is a filter.

But remember, they're human beings. Maybe they were like you and me once.

Old 03-07-2018, 06:18 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,115,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
Well hopefully you are fairly old and will die before it comes because there are alot of americans tired of this s*it. It will only be dystopian if your a piece of s*it a$$hole.
Well the elders got their piece of the pie and pulled the ladder up with them. The whole "eff the next generation, I got mines! " Mentality.

Of course we gotta all get our own. But we gotta leave stepping stones. If my city is changing, then let it change. This isn't my dad's L.A., and tomorrow this won't be my L.A.

Old 03-07-2018, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Well the elders got their piece of the pie and pulled the ladder up with them. The whole "eff the next generation, I got mines! " Mentality.

Of course we gotta all get our own. But we gotta leave stepping stones. If my city is changing, then let it change. This isn't my dad's L.A., and tomorrow this won't be my L.A.
So then you should not be upset when people go after the elites with pitch forks. Yes forced sterilization is extreme but I dont think we are going to get out of this situation without really extreme measures and many baby boomer elites going to jail, there is just no way around it. People who put themselves in these positions of power are smart and they are willing to step on who ever they need to to get back in power even if it were taken away just like a snake.

Old 03-07-2018, 07:30 PM

334 posts, read 286,023 times
Quote:
Of course everyone working is against AI. Unless there can be a universal safety net, it's inevitable. Money talks. Corporations have all the power.

And I don't think people down on their luck would wanna work in farms under the hot california sun. Immigrants(legal or illegal) come here with hope in their eyes. The homeless are all but hopefull. Then they get sent to a work camp?

Most probably can't even function. Those that do want to work would probably be happy behind a register in an air conditioned McDonalds.

But not knocking your idea. Any opportunity is better than none.

There are some that will take any job opportunity. There are many that won't but it is a filter.

But remember, they're human beings. Maybe they were like you and me once.
So farm jobs isn't good enough for them so they resort to robbing people while driving around in their burglary funded BMWS. Time to go to jail

Old 03-07-2018, 07:31 PM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,085,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by (901) View Post
Because they don't want to work.
We should bring over the South African 'farmers' who are having their land taken (and lives threatened) from them by their government
Yes, good idea.

Old 03-07-2018, 07:37 PM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,085,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilshire View Post
Mentally instable people can get better by working

Not all but many.
Yes, working, having a purpose, a bed and decent food can help.

But farm work is very hard. I don't think the homeless can work as hard as an illegal. It may take 3 or 4 homeless to = 1 illegal. But L.A. and San Fran should have enuf homeless to make a good effort at food picking.

I think it may be a good idea to round up all the homeless and relocate them to 29 Palms, CA.

NYC was working on shipping homeless to Staten Island.

Plan for new homeless shelters on Staten Island already causes concern | SILive.com

You guys got lots of desert just sitting in CA, make it a paradise for the homeless!

Old 03-07-2018, 07:38 PM

334 posts, read 286,023 times
Anyone who says Prop 47, 57, AB 109 should stay in place and that rising crime rates are because of a lack of economic opportunities, need to point them to our farming jobs. Plentiful and they pay $15+ an hour. Work and let's repeal pro criminal laws.

Old 03-07-2018, 10:14 PM

2,353 posts, read 5,376,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pip View Post
Murder? You mean the Africans that were murdered by these White South Africans that had no business being there??
No, I mean your parliament. It's one thing for renegade outlaws to take land. It's another when the government starts killing citizens because of skin color.

South Africa will become another Zimbabwe. You watch and see (and suffer)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles