Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2020, 12:32 AM

4,169 posts, read 2,152,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Obviously you wouldn't need to follow it unless you were standing in that line to mail something and needing assistance. It doesn't apply to people mailing letters, using the self serve kiosk, picking up their mail from a P.O. box, etc.
I was standing in that line. I needed to mail a package.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2020, 01:16 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,901,685 times
It's probably at the discretion of the local postmaster.

Old 04-11-2020, 02:46 AM

1,485 posts, read 957,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by (901) View Post
The police need to start busting peoples heads open like they use to.
Vote the Nazis out next election cycle.

Newsom and garcetti are nazis. Vote them out!

Old 04-11-2020, 07:31 AM

12,410 posts, read 8,197,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
I went to post office today without a mask and no one told me a thing. I am not seeing employees trying to enforce it once you're in store with full shopping cart. But what do i know, i am just 800lb gorilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
It's probably at the discretion of the local postmaster.
At the moment the Los Angeles district is struggling to keep all its windows open as they are shifting clerks around to keep one window station opened in the harder hit retail locations. So in a station you might have one clerk, one custodian, a supervisor and a carrier on light or limited duties in the back.

Those at the windows are either behind bullet resistant glass or wearing all sorts of self acquired mask, as the district has suspended uniform standards because they are as scared of infection as the general public. And many have had interactions with crazy street people in the past as the Federal Eagle insignia tends to draw them in as they attack "the Man"

Exactly who is suppose to come from behind relative safety to confront a mad anarchist in their lobby? Vigilante action of other customers is the social control on this situation should that fail the manager or clerk calls 9-1-1 and lets LAPD come and handle the call for assistance until they turn it over to the Postal Inspectors for possible federal prosecution.

Old 04-11-2020, 08:28 AM

26,796 posts, read 26,922,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
I was standing in that line. I needed to mail a package.
Do you even live within L.A. County?

Old 04-11-2020, 08:36 AM

21,772 posts, read 16,431,796 times
Quote:
He lives 9772.17 ... Km away

https://www.distance.to/Moscow/Los-Angeles

Old 04-11-2020, 09:09 AM

300 posts, read 149,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAbyssA View Post
I often wonder if this pandemic was put on earth as a wake-up call for people. What I noticed (especially in the last 7 years or so) is there has been a huge increase in hostile behavior. Everybody was behaving a though they were victim and were getting offended about literally everything!

I really did not like that behavior, people were doing things purely out of spite, often times because they felt like a victim of some kind and were trying to prove a point. There were a lot of unethical things I saw in the workplace as well.

I am hoping that we continue to come together as a society and stop being so rude and hostile and aggressive towards others.

I think about how fortunate we are in America and even in California, but the overly sensitive, bullying (a person bullies others often because they think they are a victim), the unethical workplace behavior, the rudeness on the road, in parking lots, in stores, the hostile behavior people were showing towards one another was not a good sign at all. That behavior is leads to a pattern of other negative things later on.

So now we are stuck inside, where a lot of time is spent doing nothing, perhaps reflecting on things in life. Perhaps also missing those things we used to take for granted.

Hopefully we continue to pull through this as a nation and this pandemic will be a distant memory.
I've read that chaos stirs up change. I too would like to see the rudeness lighten up. In our case here in CA, we have twice as many people on the roads as they were meant for, hence the increase in road rage. I doubt that will change regardless of the isolation and self-reflection, but it's a nice thought. Great post!

Old 04-11-2020, 10:28 AM

4,169 posts, read 2,152,848 times
Quote:
Yes in LA County near Ventura County line

Old 04-11-2020, 09:17 PM

33,323 posts, read 12,606,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I’m sure this has the state economists and governor all in a lather, reconsidering the loss of your rubles!

LOL.

'you must spread some reputation around before giving it to Tulemutt again'

Old 04-11-2020, 09:43 PM

33,323 posts, read 12,606,039 times
Quote:
I just returned from the post office. Every customer there had a mask on. The floor is now taped so that people standing in line are 6 feet apart from those in front of and behind them. They're taking this seriously.

Our grocery stores have an employee at both doors as customers walk in. They say hi...I guess I didn't think about the real reason they're stationed there.

Two employees died in Illinois, so Walmart (which, I imagine isn't your grocery store) is limiting the number of customers in the stores nationwide to 5 per 1000 square feet of store space at any one time. Re the locations I've been to, they have an employee holding a tablet at the door (doesn't appear to be an iPad ) keeping track of the customers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles