Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 08:27 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,491,452 times

Advertisements

No, I should consider moving out of the South.....the comments about "those leftists Californians" is about to drive me batty!

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Dawn, maybe you should consider switching to decaf coffee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 10:20 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,067,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post
It is NOT used that way here in NC....it is derogatory and my guess is that you can say all you want about how you didn't mean it and get over it but what you are really saying is that you can say whatever you want and you don't want to be called out on it.

Dawn

PS: I also just looked at all of your last MANY posts and they are ALL political, so don't tell me I am off base here!
Of course my posts in the Political forum are political. Would you expect macramé? Yes Dear, you are not only way off base but not even in the ballpark.

I could really care less if want to call me on what only you seem to take issue with. You can even call me names if you like. As the old saying goes, "I've been called worse by better men than you."

BTW, I've lived in Piedmont, CA for a bit over 20 years and really don't care about the colloquialisms of NC or your interpretation of them. So put that in your crazy-pipe and smoke it.

Old 06-08-2008, 10:44 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,550,899 times
Your friendly neighborhood moderator here. Please keep this discussion to the topic, which is L.A.'s climate, and DM each other about any other issues. I'd hate to have to start editing posts and issuing infractions. Thank you.

Old 06-08-2008, 12:53 PM

636 posts, read 2,644,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthNJ View Post
LA is so beautiful with those palm trees, mountains etc. but the weather sucks, this might be shocking for you.

IT'S TOO DRY! OMG I feel sorry for the plants, trees etc. it's too dry!
The weather would be the best if the city had more rainfall, 380 mm yearly precip. is too little... around 500 mm would be perfect!
Specially in the summer.... it doesn't even rain... it's boring without any rain lol
I love LA's weather!

Old 06-08-2008, 03:36 PM

141 posts, read 754,333 times
There seems to be a lot of rude people on here...

perhaps its the weather thats affecting you?

Old 06-08-2008, 06:25 PM

636 posts, read 2,644,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-town View Post
There seems to be a lot of rude people on here...

perhaps its the weather thats affecting you?
The most innocuous topics gets people all riled up.

Old 06-08-2008, 06:41 PM

352 posts, read 482,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LASam View Post
I can't believe all of you have justified this trollish post with this many responses.
We're just standing up for our AWESOME weather !
They are just secretly jealous !

Old 06-10-2008, 01:27 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,405,261 times
I am from Philly area (now NJ shore) but lived in Huntington Beach for two years. I know it's not LA, but I did travel about in SoCal a lot. My impressions of the climate:

Living so close to the ocean, it was usually always cool. Even during the beautiful sunny days, there was a nice coolness to the air. Here on the hot/humid East Coast, we can frequently go out at night sleeveless. Out there, I always had to have a sweater tied around my shoulders. My elderly Mom came out in July and was freezing! But it was vastly preferable to hot, sticky humid nights.

My new condo didn't have AC, which shocked me -- but as it turned out, I only could have used it a couple nights out of the two years I lived there. I did use the heat occasionally in the winter, but it rarely if ever got below the 40's and was mostly in the 60's.

The rain was an event, that's for sure -- kind of like snow on the East Coast. Many accidents, people not knowing how to drive in it, etc. I think Jan. was the rainiest time, IIRC.

June was known for "June gloom", which was a layer of fog that typically burned off in the afternoon.

Clear days, where you could see the San Bernardino mountains, or Catalina Island, were to be cherished. I never got tired of the gorgeous scenery. The sunrises and sunsets were breathtaking.

Occasionally they would say it was "humid", but it was NOTHING like the soup we get on the East Coast. Oh, also, I could leave my screens open and never had bugs.

The gorgeous weather was kind of "boring" to some, but now that I don't have it anymore and the summers are getting hotter and more humid on the East Coast, I really miss it. You guys who live in SoCal are very lucky, IMO.

Old 06-10-2008, 05:02 PM

2,197 posts, read 7,393,076 times
I love the SoCal weather. I think it's what keeps most people there. If it weren't for those perenially sunny 72-degree days, there would be a lot more people hitting the 405. But the weather makes up for the traffic, overcrowding and other hassles that are quintessentially L.A. And it's really the only thing that justifies those sky-high housing prices.

Old 06-10-2008, 06:10 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyehollywood View Post
I love the SoCal weather. I think it's what keeps most people there. If it weren't for those perenially sunny 72-degree days, there would be a lot more people hitting the 405. But the weather makes up for the traffic, overcrowding and other hassles that are quintessentially L.A. And it's really the only thing that justifies those sky-high housing prices.
No question about it, the weather in most of Southern California is superb, diverse, something for everyone - and at almost any time of the day or year. I distinctly remember leafy trees last February or March driving from BUR airport to the 134, around the Disney Studios. Really hit home.

I don't think that many people really take advantage of the weather though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles