Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 08:21 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,236,156 times

Advertisements

There are plenty of places around the country that have more rain, and have changes in weather more often. L.A. is not one of them, and that should be of no surprise to anyone.

What makes me laugh is when people say the weather in Southern California is to boring, if you have to look to the weather for entertainment your due for some new hobbies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 08:22 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
On the east coast, summer rains are warm and quite pleasant. On this side of the Rockies, wet means cold but it's completely different on the other side of those mountains. Warm summer rain is one of the things I truly miss about the right side of the country.
I used to live in New York and really think the weather there is just awful compared to California. The summers are muggy, steamy and the frequent rain makes it worse imo.

Not talking about inland CA, cause its hot there, but along the coast, CA cant be beat imo.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:39 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,609,068 times
As someone who moved away from the East Coast, I love the weather in LA. The fact that the weather here is different than back east played a major role in my decision to move here. I don't expect the weather here to resemble the weather back home because I'm on the opposite end of the continent. Variety is one of the things that makes this country so interesting. I don't understand why people come here and then expect everything to look and feel exactly like the East. Wouldn't that get boring. It's the same way that you have people from the East who move here and then complain that there's "not enough trees". The LA basin is a semi-arid desert, what do you expect?!

Old 06-05-2008, 08:42 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I used to live in New York and really think the weather there is just awful compared to California. The summers are muggy, steamy and the frequent rain makes it worse imo.

Not talking about inland CA, cause its hot there, but along the coast, CA cant be beat imo.
That's is one of the main reasons homes cost half a million for a shack.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:00 PM

5 posts, read 112,287 times
I currently live in Colorado and it's drier than Arizona and WAY, WAY drier than California (I've lived in both areas.) I'm actually looking forward to experiencing the "humidity" in California again when we move back.

IMO, having lived all over the country and in several countries outside the US, I think LA has some of the best weather on the planet.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:02 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Oh, well. What can ya do...

Old 06-05-2008, 10:02 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthNJ View Post
LA is so beautiful with those palm trees, mountains etc. but the weather sucks, this might be shocking for you.

IT'S TOO DRY! OMG I feel sorry for the plants, trees etc. it's too dry!
The weather would be the best if the city had more rainfall, 380 mm yearly precip. is too little... around 500 mm would be perfect!
Specially in the summer.... it doesn't even rain... it's boring without any rain lol
And New "friggin'" Jersey has beautiful weather ....is that why sooo many people from around the country and the world dream of moving to New Jerky?

Just keep ratting up that big, fried & frosted hair Jersey hair and getting the 5 inch long fake hot pink fingernails with rhinestones and leave our gorgeous LA weather alone.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:06 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,846,598 times
I can't believe all of you have justified this trollish post with this many responses.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:08 PM

485 posts, read 1,704,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
And New "friggin'" Jersey has beautiful weather ....is that why sooo many people from around the country and the world dream of moving to New Jerky?

Just keep ratting up that big, fried & frosted hair Jersey hair and getting the 5 inch long fake hot pink fingernails with rhinestones and leave our gorgeous LA weather alone.
Now that is funny stuff, right there!

Well, I must be the 2nd person in the world that doesn't like the weather in LA. I just moved to Florida from LA and believe it or not, I prefer the humidity over the dryness. And yes, I lived in Florida for years before, through several summers.

I could not STAND LA nights - I was always so cold. I have been in Florida for a week and the warm, balmy nights are wonderful. The days are brutal but so are LA's summers. I hated nights in LA all during the four years that I lived there. To get a warm night, you would have to endure a 100+ degree day, no thanks!

Old 06-05-2008, 10:23 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthNJ View Post
LA is so beautiful with those palm trees, mountains etc. but the weather sucks, this might be shocking for you.

IT'S TOO DRY! OMG I feel sorry for the plants, trees etc. it's too dry!
The weather would be the best if the city had more rainfall, 380 mm yearly precip. is too little... around 500 mm would be perfect!
Specially in the summer.... it doesn't even rain... it's boring without any rain lol
First of all, Los Angeles is in a desert. Deserts are defined as areas that get less than X inches of rain per year. You are mistaken if you expect LA to have much rain.

We do have some of the most temperate and moderate weather in the entire US, and in my own opinion LA has the best weather in the nation.

So quit yer bitching and either enjoy it or move, unless you're one of those people who can't move, the prison population or living with mommy and not yet 18 years old.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles