Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 10:10 AM

420 posts, read 479,327 times

Advertisements

What ever happen to Mike Foster? And just to be even more random, is that other former governor still in jail? Wow, Louisiana has a former gov. in jail, what does that do for our imagine. I guess we at least got street cred.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:13 AM

763 posts, read 2,661,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOUISIANA'SLEGEND View Post
What ever happen to Mike Foster? And just to be even more random, is that other former governor still in jail? Wow, Louisiana has a former gov. in jail, what does that do for our imagine. I guess we at least got street cred.
Edwin Edwards, I think his name is. Not sure if he is out or not.

Old 03-29-2009, 06:48 PM

947 posts, read 2,399,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Island View Post
There's a little something called pride. I refuse to rip on my home state, despite its shortcomings.

Sorry metro, but it don't bother me a bit to rip on La. or anywhere else. It is what it is. LOL
I am not from Louisiana! I moved here 3 years ago. I can see all the bad things that go on that you all might not see because yall became use to it! Or maybe do not know better. There is some much in this state that they could work on! The governor and his staff have to know how bad things are here. If it was me I would start with cleaning the state up in hopes to draw potential businesses here. I have heard some companies turned down Louisiana because it was an eyesore! How does that make Louisiana look? Then the schools need some major updates! Total restructure of them. The roads are so bad in some places you think that your car might fall apart. Did I not hear that jindal turned some money down? What the ****?

Old 03-30-2009, 07:26 AM

If the governor is trying to help the state why does he not try to do more to get jobs to come here? As it is now a lot of college kids graduate and leave the state just to get better paying jobs. Louisiana is not a bad state but has got a bad name for its high unemployment rate, bad schools, health care and bad response to hurricanes! The people of Louisiana should stand up and fight for this!!! These things are important for your economy and your state!! I myself have already been in contact with the governor's office about the schools! I will fight to the death to make sure my kids get a good education! Remember you are the ones paying Jindals salary. Fight for what is right for your state!

Old 03-30-2009, 07:29 AM

Oh yeah I know the economy is bad everywhere but you can do something to try and create jobs! Or being businesses in to the state.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:33 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,384,753 times
Yeah I guess let's not fund volcano monitering, ....... or hurricane monitering. Just don't live in a hurricane area eh?

Quote:
But why are you ripping on our governor? Just because he doesn't give a crud about volcanoes? I don't either, to be honest. They explode, don't live near them. It's that simple.

Old 03-30-2009, 05:03 PM

3,073 posts, read 8,025,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacieberry View Post
If the governor is trying to help the state why does he not try to do more to get jobs to come here? As it is now a lot of college kids graduate and leave the state just to get better paying jobs. Louisiana is not a bad state but has got a bad name for its high unemployment rate, bad schools, health care and bad response to hurricanes! The people of Louisiana should stand up and fight for this!!! These things are important for your economy and your state!! I myself have already been in contact with the governor's office about the schools! I will fight to the death to make sure my kids get a good education! Remember you are the ones paying Jindals salary. Fight for what is right for your state!
Sadly, Louisianians forget they have that option!

Old 03-30-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdwell View Post
Sadly, Louisianians forget they have that option!
My daddy always taught us if you believe in something fight for it! Do not back down! Sad people do not remember this! You know it took one lady to take prayer out of school! One lady!! Just think if thousands of people stood up! (I do not agree with the lady who took prayer out of school it was just an example!)

Old 03-30-2009, 05:11 PM

768 posts, read 4,387,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacieberry View Post
Well, he was just in the town you live in (Farmerville) last week ensuring that some big plant over there stays open so that a lot of people aren't left jobless. What else do you want from him? If he's willing to fight to keep jobs in a town as small as Farmerville, then he apparently does care.

Old 03-30-2009, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBCmetroguy View Post
Well, he was just in the town you live in (Farmerville) last week ensuring that some big plant over there stays open so that a lot of people aren't left jobless. What else do you want from him?
That is wonderful but what about all these other places shutting down? What about the state being so dirty? He could help that. What about the high drop out rate? Health care and education that was cut in the budget cuts? There is so much they could try to do! Am I the only one who sees this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana