Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2007, 10:12 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,396,072 times

Advertisements

can you just imagine the lovely chattering that will be going on in Eastport come summer it's gonna be a fine thing

Old 11-10-2007, 10:27 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,435,447 times
We may give a new meaning to the term "YaYa"!

Old 11-10-2007, 10:31 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,886,126 times
OK. I'm punching my ticket straight to Hell for this post, I just know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
can you just imagine the lovely chattering that will be going on in Eastport come summer it's gonna be a fine thing

Will it resemble the cackling and crowing coming from a hen house. <Ducks and runs, while yelling: Just kidding, Just kidding!>

I think it is just too cool that there are so many that either live there already, or are moving to Eastport that you will be able to do a get together. Who would have figured when you first logged onto this forum, that you would not only find information, but friends as well.

Old 11-10-2007, 01:09 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,114,544 times
"it's very cool!!"....she says as she takes the recipe she finally found for Hush Puppies and tucks it neatly into her recipe box.....

Old 11-10-2007, 01:26 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,265,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Yesterday, we moved four of our chicken coops, from their summer locations, to their wintering over location. That was a big job and we just were finishing as it got dark.

I was working on rigging a set of pulleys up in a tree, to help with butchering Porky today, when DW started tearing apart the chicken coops. I was not thinking of doing both projects on one day. Otherwise we should have gotten started much sooner.

Anyway, today should be much easier, just dress Porky, remove his hair, let him drain and cool.

Tomorrow we cut and wrap.

KAF - our kitchen table has a huge pile of food on it. Do you want some?
forest,,,what do you wrap the pork in?? im assuming its for the freezer,,,ziploc bags?? do you have a foodsaver vacuum sealer??
butcher paper?? the butcher paper itself is about 18.00 a roll, if you get the one sided waxed, its at least double that,
the little plastic sheets(called satin paks) are good for layering,,,placing the sheets in between the meat,,
as for knives,, forschner (victronex) is about the best, im sure flaggs has them in bangor (restaurant supply company)
a good sharp knife makes all the difference in the world,,
if you ever run into a need, for any butchering supplies,,,julie (she's quite the character and owner at alton grocery) has access to just about anything,,,even sausage seasonings, etc,

Old 11-10-2007, 02:52 PM

37,498 posts, read 61,484,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
... You know how the female mind wanders. We can't hold a single thought at one time - we have that whole multi-tasking and multi-thinking thing down. I think it's called brilliance!!!!!!

No I really do not know how the female mind works.

I do understand from my own observations it's in -ability to hold onto a single thought.

'multi-tasking'? Well maybe but often that a symptom of ADHD.

Brilliance? NO, not at all. I see no connection between high IQ and female 'scatter-brain'.

Old 11-10-2007, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
"it's very cool!!"....she says as she takes the recipe she finally found for Hush Puppies and tucks it neatly into her recipe box.....

Darn!! I just KNEW there was a reason I should have listened to that little voice telling me to just kick it out of my mind and not to actually type it.

Old 11-10-2007, 04:20 PM

hmmm....not nearly enough groveling there....I MIGHT have a few minutes available after supper to type that out.....

although the hamburg minestrone soup that I love so much doesn't hold much charm after thinking about deer steak being prepared in the next couple of days at Maine Writer's house! yum.....great size too, the meat will be yummy and tender oh well....soup here I come....

Old 11-10-2007, 04:29 PM

I hear you about the venison steaks though! Perfect size deer; tender, melt in your mouth cuts of meat and no tough, gamey steaks. Plus you don't give yourself a frigging heart attack hauling the bugger out of the woods.

Sorry about the lack of groveling, can't bring myself to do it. Have an older sister who has the personality of a rattlesnake and used up all my groveling when I was too small to tell her to kiss off. LOL

Old 11-10-2007, 05:25 PM

lol....completely get that! my sister was 8 years older than me, and very mean to me.....after I got in trouble from biting her so much, I moved on to better ways to annoy her....eventually discovering the fine art of blackmail! amazing the power you can have when you discover the sister's boyfriend eating your goldfish on a dare.....

so, I tivoed yesterday's Oprah....the Osmonds were on....and I've got about 30 min to go, and I'll post the recipe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine