Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 08:19 AM

2,674 posts, read 2,627,718 times

Advertisements

Is it always cold year round, or just this year?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2017, 10:52 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,698,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I thought Acadia was beautiful for sure, but we didn't spend as much time there as we would have liked to, so I can't speak too much of it. But it was certainly a beautiful place and very scenic. It was pretty damn cold, too.
Nep you did A TON of driving and activity in just 4 days. Downeast is my favorite area. Blueberry Land is great. You can hike a different trail every day for the rest of your life up there..

Old 07-20-2017, 11:50 AM

1,558 posts, read 1,158,316 times
Sounds like you had a great trip, good for you.

Glad you posted back to tell us about it.

LilyMae

Old 07-20-2017, 11:23 PM

158 posts, read 144,379 times
Quote:
I thought Acadia was beautiful for sure, but we didn't spend as much time there as we would have liked to, so I can't speak too much of it. But it was certainly a beautiful place and very scenic. It was pretty damn cold, too.
Thanks nep. I kinda hope the weather remains cold until I get there next week. It will be a wonderful break from this hot humid Florida summer weather! Glad you had a great trip!

Old 07-21-2017, 03:14 PM

13 posts, read 24,126 times
If I owned Maine and Hell, I'd rent out Maine and live in Hell

Old 07-21-2017, 06:18 PM

1,246 posts, read 1,301,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adimice View Post
If I owned Maine and Hell, I'd rent out Maine and live in Hell
what the.... are you lost? Looking for a different forum?

Old 07-22-2017, 06:48 AM

13 posts, read 24,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineborzoi View Post
what the.... are you lost? Looking for a different forum?
I lived there for 3 years. COL was very high. Summer happened onTuesday the years I lived there. Yuk

Old 07-22-2017, 09:03 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Glade you had a good time ,I would have taken more time to enjoy Katahdin .Sounds like you guys were racing up there. How did you come down(trail)?

Old 07-22-2017, 09:28 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,028,599 times
Quote:
I noticed that Maine has the highest median age of any state in the entire nation, with a median age of about 43 years old. I am 33 and live in Connecticut. I have visited Maine and think is a beautiful place and have even dreamed of living there. But why is the population skewed older than any state in the nation? Is it because young people don't like it? Is it brain drain? Or what? I don't get it. Maine is the cheapest New England state to live in, and is affordable in general. Is the job market just difficult? What are the reasons why the state doesn't have many young people?

Are there young enclaves throughout the state? Maybe Portland or something?

Next week I am planning a 2-3 day trip to Maine. I will be driving up by myself (if weather permits). I have been to the Portland area already, five years ago and loved it, but that was just the tip of the state. I want to explore much more of the coast all the way up through that Down East area or whatever it's called. I want to see Acadia National Park and Baxter National Park. I won't do any hiking though because I'm scared of moose, caribou and bears. Then I want to go allllllll the way up to Caribou and all the way to the end of U.S. 1. The whole area looks stunning just by looking on Google Maps. I think I will fall in love with it, since I'm a nature lover.

But anyway, how come the state lags far behind with young people? It kind of concerns me. I am currently unemployed and looking for an accounting job here in the Hartford, CT area, but may expand my search to the entire state of CT or heck, even all of New England soon (including ME), depending on how things go in the coming weeks. I'm sure ME would be an extreme culture shock though for someone from CT.
So what is your take away from your brief visit?

Old 07-22-2017, 10:21 AM

11,669 posts, read 17,949,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
So what is your take away from your brief visit?
I think it's a wonderful, scenic state. If I were to live there, however, it would probably be one of the metro areas only, such as Portland. The rest of the state feels too isolated and cell phone reception is nonexistent in many parts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine