Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2007, 02:50 PM

135 posts, read 707,536 times

Advertisements

I didn't say anything about NC..but I have a friend in Hickory and she likes it. And I'm so curious..why does the race card always get thrown out in any post..geesh...I like the "shut up poor redneck girl that is pathetic because she likes black bears" rants..lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2007, 02:59 PM

31 posts, read 190,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emsgoof View Post
I don't believe it

Is this written in English? How would I not get a good understanding of people in PG County when I'm going into their house day after day (not over the phone... do you even understand what a firefighter or paramedic is?!?)

Yes, thank you for proving my point. It's always the terrible white man to blame. It can never be a black person's fault. You've also gone on in the past about the United States being the most racist country in the world, but it's the "minorities" (mainly blacks) that push the issue and keep it at the front of the discussion. Only here do you hear about "African Americans" or "Mexican Americans" or anything like that. How often do you hear about "African British" or "Chinese French"? You want to talk about racism, fine, but don't whine about it when people throw it back at you. Are you saying that the violence and crime I see in PG County doesn't exist? (To paraphrase what you said above).

You want to talk about people being racist? How about this?

It's ok for you to say it, but once I change it, I'm a racists SOB...

Interesting tactic, but its inherently wrong. The definition of "Racism" (in this sense) MUST include at least two parties, a priviledged, and an unprivileged. It is the belief that the priveleged group is superior based on racial traits. Historically, and in todays context, the priveleged group has been whites, and the underpriveleged, most other minorities. Like it or not, the concept itself was "created" to favor the "underdog", be they black, mexican, Jewish, etc... So when using the concept of racism, white and black CANNOT be freely interchanged. (Now bigotry, discrimination, prejudice, and all other ignorances are an entirely different story...)

Going back to what lscalder was saying, although I do not agree with or support everything she says, in this particular instance, I see the statements she made regarding her children being able to see black success as exceptable. BECAUSE of the history of African Americans in the US , BECAUSE of the stigmas associated with their communities, BECAUSE of the innacurate, biased portrayals of the national media, BECAUSE of the historical (and present day) context. On the other hand, when you subsitute it with "white", while I dont think anyone can ligitimately disagree with you wanting the same thing, BECAUSE they are and historically have been a priveledged majority, it puts people on alert, causes them to raise a brow. Because statements like that have such a strong correlation to overtly racist sentiments expressed in the past. Again, you have to look at everything in context, you can't just ignore history. Everything has a starting point.

Old 08-08-2007, 03:00 PM

1,389 posts, read 6,299,350 times
CareBear: Do not call yourself poor because I donot think you are poor. What you give into the world is what you will recieve back so if you think and believe you are wealthy then guess what wealth will come to you. Its the Law of Attraction. You should read the book Secret it have change my thinking and life. Stop calling yourself a redneck because that is a negative word just like I will never call my self by the N word because a negative word doesnot describe me and that was a word that was develope to hold people down and such word such not describe you. I hope your kids never hear you say such word.

Old 08-08-2007, 03:03 PM

I was just playing..i am far from being a redneck..I just feel I am one because I like the land better than concrete...and w/ moola..well I'm fine with that too...I jst hate when others start w/ the "I'm holier than though" or however u spell it 'tude..does this make sense??? lol

Old 08-08-2007, 03:09 PM

135 posts, read 605,867 times
Default groups

People of Hebrew decent believe there are two groups of people on this earth.
They believe they are one group and all other people on this earth are grouped together as "Gentiles". They also believe that God likes them better than Gentiles. If you need a source for this fact it's called the Old Testimate
of the Bible.

Old 08-08-2007, 03:25 PM

Like I said before...should PG county have their own forum or what???

Old 08-08-2007, 03:29 PM

62 posts, read 253,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDNative View Post
Interesting tactic, but its inherently wrong. The definition of "Racism" (in this sense) MUST include at least two parties, a priviledged, and an unprivileged. It is the belief that the priveleged group is superior based on racial traits. Historically, and in todays context, the priveleged group has been whites, and the underpriveleged, most other minorities. Like it or not, the concept itself was "created" to favor the "underdog", be they black, mexican, Jewish, etc... So when using the concept of racism, white and black CANNOT be freely interchanged. (Now bigotry, discrimination, prejudice, and all other ignorances are an entirely different story...)

Going back to what lscalder was saying, although I do not agree with or support everything she says, in this particular instance, I see the statements she made regarding her children being able to see black success as exceptable. BECAUSE of the history of African Americans in the US , BECAUSE of the stigmas associated with their communities, BECAUSE of the innacurate, biased portrayals of the national media, BECAUSE of the historical (and present day) context. On the other hand, when you subsitute it with "white", while I dont think anyone can ligitimately disagree with you wanting the same thing, BECAUSE they are and historically have been a priveledged majority, it puts people on alert, causes them to raise a brow. Because statements like that have such a strong correlation to overtly racist sentiments expressed in the past. Again, you have to look at everything in context, you can't just ignore history. Everything has a starting point.
Sure as hell wish my "white privilege" would kick in sometime soon because it's not doing a damn thing for me. Seriously, I would take the opportunity and run with it if I had access to all this white privilege due to my race alone. It doesn't exist anymore and the fact is that the opposite is becoming the truth now. But only for the time being...

Old 08-08-2007, 03:53 PM

hmmm...why is it always the race issue???? arghhhhhhh..y can no one answer me this???

Old 08-08-2007, 05:41 PM

57 posts, read 106,619 times
Default Racism is an equal-opportunity concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDNative View Post
Interesting tactic, but its inherently wrong. The definition of "Racism" (in this sense) MUST include at least two parties, a priviledged, and an unprivileged. It is the belief that the priveleged group is superior based on racial traits.
I reject your definition of racism, and therefore reject your explanation. The past is irrelevant when describing a single and particular instance of a person defining any other person based on their race.

Old 08-08-2007, 05:47 PM

692 posts, read 1,731,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHometoCallMyOwn View Post
The more people from P.G. post the better. The low quality of their posts speaks volumes about that area and is the perfect example; it replaces the need for arguments against the county because they are the best bad representatives of the county ever. LoL.
After reading this I now why you have no home to call your own. Some one with such a negative view of the world and people around them, will always find fault in someone or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland